PDA

View Full Version : frivolous bar/club question

Dizzy-noodles
11th Apr 2012, 5:47 PM
Hiya :) no I haven't got a life!

Not important at all, but does anyone else think it's weird, that no matter what time your sims go for a night out at the Crypt'O nightclub or one of the bars, like PURE, that they are always deserted?

There are never more than about 6 sims in there!

I'm 32, I've been to a few real life bars and clubs in my time ;p and they're always heaving, with massive queues to get in!

M.M.A.A.
11th Apr 2012, 5:49 PM
The number of sims on community lots depends on your system specs and how much effort your PC can handle. If you have a computer with high end graphics and system specs, then you will probably see more sims, other wise, only a few.

Not sure if there is a hack or cheat to change that though...

Anyway, I also wonder about how i can increase the no. of sims on community lots...

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
11th Apr 2012, 6:19 PM
M.M.A.A. is absolutely right about the system specs being a factor. There is a mod here http://simwardrobe.com/ that will change the customer limit( but your comp specs are still paramount) , go to Sims 2 , objects , business facilitators and snag the customer limit adjustor. It allows great flexibility for your venues.. I have a pretty decent gaming comp and have the limits set at 24-32 customers ( in addition to 6-12 employees) at some of my larger clubs. I'm not sure if it works on unowned community lots but you could place one there in build/buy mode when editing and then have visiting sims adjust the settings as they arrive.

Macaroodle
11th Apr 2012, 7:17 PM
Another thing you could do to allow more sims on community lots is when you're on the neighborhood screen, open the cheat box and type in:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims #

with # being the maximum number of sims you want on your community lots. It also allows you to invite about that number of sims over to your houses. :)

Clashfan
11th Apr 2012, 8:31 PM
If you do use the cheat to increase the number of Sims on a lot just be aware that if your system won't take it the lot will have major lag and could possibly crash. Best to start out with increasing the limit by a small margin, say 10 Sims allowed on a lot and see how your computer handles it. The lag is also much worse if you have Seasons and it rains or snows while your on the lot.

I'm pretty sure that customer limit adjustor is just for owned businesses not just community lots. I could be wrong it's been awhile since I used it as it conflicted with another business mod I decided to go with.

Liv Lukas
11th Apr 2012, 9:46 PM
Clashfan, what does it conflict with?

Also, Clashfan is right, the customer adjuster only works on owned community lots.

Clashfan
11th Apr 2012, 9:48 PM
Clashfan, what does it conflict with?

Pescado's customer selector mod. They don't do the same things but they don't work well together.

Liv Lukas
11th Apr 2012, 9:52 PM
Hmm...I've been using both in my game for many years...without an obvious problem...ah well. They are both central to my economic system, so I'll just keep on and see what happens.

Clashfan
11th Apr 2012, 10:05 PM
Hmm...I've been using both in my game for many years...without an obvious problem...ah well. They are both central to my economic system, so I'll just keep on and see what happens. That's interesting. I had Paladin's first and when I added Pescado's I got no customer's at all. I troubleshot it a bit but removing one or the other of those two mods was all that worked for me.

Hey, if they both work in your game that's great! I'm not unhappy not having Paladin's as my businesses always have plenty of customers anyway.

Bwinney43
11th Apr 2012, 10:25 PM
Not important at all, but does anyone else think it's weird, that no matter what time your sims go for a night out at the Crypt'O nightclub or one of the bars, like PURE, that they are always deserted?

I used to have the same problem and, as others have stated, it's the result of your computers power. When I built my current computer the first thing I did was go to community lots. They used to lag so bad and when they did load properly there was only ever my sim and maybe 2 others. Now my clubs are packed with townies and playables and it adds a better feeling. Makes community lots more fun to play.

sushigal007
11th Apr 2012, 10:38 PM
Another thing you could do to allow more sims on community lots is when you're on the neighborhood screen, open the cheat box and type in:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims #

with # being the maximum number of sims you want on your community lots. It also allows you to invite about that number of sims over to your houses. :)

I have that cheat in my userstartup cheats. Community lots NEED to have lots of sims browsing around, it just doesn't feel right otherwise.

crocobaura
11th Apr 2012, 11:05 PM
Hiya :) no I haven't got a life!

I'm 32, I've been to a few real life bars and clubs in my time ;p and they're always heaving, with massive queues to get in!

You could always build small lots. Even if you have just 6, 8, or 10 sims on the lot, it will appear more populated than a larger lot. You can't do crowds, but that's Ok because this is the sims and too many sims on the lot will make your game lag and if it must lag, I think it's better to have them inside the bar than outside on the sidewalk. :giggler: Besides, queues are so uncool.

Dizzy-noodles
12th Apr 2012, 1:56 AM
Aaah thanks everyone!

lazzybum
14th Apr 2012, 11:37 AM
Does the maxnumberofsims cheat effect the minimum number of sims on unowned community lots, or is it still based on the computer? Like, can you force to have 10+ visitors? I have a pretty good gaming computer. I like doing massive social events in my town and I've tested that my game starts to lag when I had 25 playables on one lot. But visiting amount is lower than id like, I'm hoping I could push to around 15 visitors for certain venues, like clubs.