PDA

View Full Version : Confusion with corruption...

Roseblossom90
15th Apr 2012, 9:05 PM
I keep seeing where deleting sims from the sim bin corrupts the neighborhood which is all well and good. I get that much. What I am wondering though is if it is safe to go into a custom neighborhood from the Documents folder before any CAS sims are made and delete all characters that are in that neighborhood (which I assume are townies and the like)?.
I have done this before and as far as I could tell there was no harm done but I just wanted to see what you all said about it.
Thanks...

ileeeen
15th Apr 2012, 9:38 PM
What you are doing sounds essentially the same as the "deleteallcharacters" cheat, which is a very bad thing. The safe way to have a townie-free neighborhood is to download clean templates, and install the mods notownieregen, nostrayrespawn, and nodormieregen (the latter two for Pets and University). After you do this, your next neighborhood should have no townies. You should also download antiredundancy, to prevent the game from creating many multiple NPCs that you may not even ever need.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13382.0.html

kittcat92
15th Apr 2012, 9:45 PM
quick question, in one of my custom neighborhoods one of my sims started petting the penguin that randomly showed up, she was still doing this action when I paused saved then exited out of the game. Now when I go to her house the penguin just sits in the corner and I can't interact with it and when I call the garden club and they send a representative over, I can only interact with her as a regular NPC the options that should be there for the garden club service are non existent. Did I cause a corruption when I exited?

sushigal007
15th Apr 2012, 9:57 PM
What I am wondering though is if it is safe to go into a custom neighborhood from the Documents folder before any CAS sims are made and delete all characters that are in that neighborhood (which I assume are townies and the like)?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooo. It's the very second thing on the Avoiding Hood Corruption list. (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption)

Roseblossom90
15th Apr 2012, 10:02 PM
Wow, ok. Thanks. That is extremely helpful.