PDA

View Full Version : Nanny won't show up

Orilon
20th Apr 2012, 6:14 AM
I had to stop playing Sims 2 because my integrated chip couldn't handle Sims 2. I recently had an actual graphics card installed so I've been able to play again. I have recently run into an issue and I don't remember how to solve it.

I don't like using the "just for now" option with the Nanny because the old hag won't show up in time for the parents go to work so I use the 'Track schedule" option. The problem I'm having with one lot is that even though I have the nanny tracking the dad's schedule, she doesn't show up at all and the mom won't go to work because other wise the toddler would be left all alone while the dad is at work and the child is at school.

How do I actually make her show up so the mom can go to work also?

M.M.A.A.
20th Apr 2012, 6:31 AM
Have you tried ending her service and applying for it again?

Orilon
20th Apr 2012, 6:54 AM
I had the dad end the service for awhile, and then I had the dad have her track his schedule again, and that's when the problem started. Or are you saying I should have him cancel the schedule and have the nanny track the mom's schedule?

Simsica
20th Apr 2012, 10:29 AM
This problem can occur if the car portal is deleted or corrupted. There are tools for checking if the portals are present on the lot, but the easiest way to know is if all other car-related services arrive on the lot in question, like the maid or gardener. If they do arrive then the portal is present.
Also, the service car won't be able to arrive if something (an object of some sort) is blocking its way.
During the years I've been playing I've had both happen to me. I've even had an invisible object in the car's way. That can also be deleted with a hacked object from Pescado (Stuck Object Remover).

If all is well with the car service portal then you should fire the nanny and then hire her again and set her schedule anew. This could fix the issue.

If the problem still persists, turn the testingcheatsenabled on and see if an error log is created having to do with the nanny. Check the error log to see where is the problem. Maybe you have some hack that is interfering with the nanny functionality. If a log is created with the nanny's name in it, then you'll know that this is the case. Its first should look something like this: "An error occurred in object "N005_User00121-Name" etc. where Name should be nanny's actual name. If this happens your best bet is to follow the instructions for detecting bad CC described here on MTS in the Game Help section.

I hope I helped :) Good luck!

Orilon
20th Apr 2012, 6:38 PM
Thanks for the info Simsica. The maid was able to come and clean, so I didn't think it was the portal. I had the dad cancel the nanny and had the nanny track the mom's schedule and she showed up to take care of the toddler so the mom and dad could go to work.

Simonut
21st Apr 2012, 4:39 AM
Nanny is one NCP's that really get on my "Last Nerve" sometime I have my Sims call for a nanny like a whole day or two before they are to go to work.
The nanny at times will not show up, so I had to keep one of the parent home with the child.
When I first started playing the Sims, I had twins a boy and girl the "Social Worker" took them away because the nanny did not show up.

That is another NCP the Social Worker I hate the most, that happen way back in 2007 until this very day I have not gotten over the worker taken my twins away. :(
Back to the Nanny when she do come all she do is watch TV or get in the pool to swim or play cards, and what really work my nerves is when she "Pee" on the Sims floor and leave it for the Sims to clean up. Make me wonder just who is working for who, and who is getting pay. :blink:

I am not a fan of the nannies with there old looking self and out of fashion clothes, and then they have the guts to ask my Sims, Do You Want Me to Hang Out? No and more No take your sorry butt out of here. You Did Not do a :gjob:

Orilon
21st Apr 2012, 4:45 AM
The nanny is one thing that I absolutely hate about this game. I hate her, but use her because I don't want the kids taken away. The parents need to work and since the stupid social worker will take the kids away if I don't hire the nanny I consider her a necessary evil.

XmoraeX
21st Apr 2012, 5:32 AM
sorry to interrupt you all, but can you tell me how to edit my profile picture? thanks. i'm new here..

Simsica
21st Apr 2012, 6:03 AM
If you are having problems with the EAxis nanny maybe you should try the custom one ;) Christianlov has made a hack called Nanny NPC, which is part of his All In One NPC hack. All In One nanny NPC is customizable and does the nanny work well.
His stuff is no longer available on his old site, but check out this thread (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3817113#post3817113), post #15. Liv Lukas has uploaded all of his hacks there (for which we are very grateful, Liv :)).
If you decide to try this out, I'd suggest to first backup your hood, since the hack will create a new Sim in your game and you need to take care not to corrupt your hood. (Nothing too scary though - the usual warning about not deleting any Sims in game.)

Pescado's Automated Baby Controller, No Baby Harassment and Lobonanny is a group of hacks that will help you control any Sims' behavior when it comes to childcare, and especially the nanny. If you're not the one for adding custom NPCs to your game, then this is a good way for you.

Or you could go in a roundabout way and create a kindergarten in your hood and be rid of nannies forever. If you decide to do this, check out this thread (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=462598), where I have in post #23 described a way to make a functioning kindergarten with the use of another one of Christianlov's hacks (other summoning hacks would also work, like Inge's Teleporter or InSim's Summoner).

Of course, whatever you do, first backup your hood. And experiment. As you can see, there's no need to suffer the EAxis Nanny :)

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
21st Apr 2012, 6:09 AM
Glad you got your nanny to show back up. They are (unmodded) pretty loathsome creatures. Have you considered using the "ask to watch kids" option? I have no idea what EP that came with , but if it's available for you it is quite handy. Just call a relative or friend maybe an hour and a half before departing for work and when they arrive have them watch kids.Gives them a chance to build relationships both ways and costs you not a dime in the process.

Simsica
21st Apr 2012, 8:18 AM
"Ask to watch kids" came with AL and is a feature limited to apartment residents only, as far as I know. But there's a hack from Squinge that allows you to ask any other Sim to watch the kids in any kind of lot.

Mootilda
21st Apr 2012, 5:28 PM
sorry to interrupt you all, but can you tell me how to edit my profile picture? thanks. i'm new here..If you have a question about how to use the site, you should create a new thread in the Site Questions and Issues forum, rather than attempting to hijack someone else's thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Peni Griffin
21st Apr 2012, 5:38 PM
I'm finding it fun to invent ways to get around hiring the nanny. A lot of my couples have one designated stay-at-home parent, and two-career couples do a lot of vacation juggling. Moving a new graduate, townie, or a relative in to help with childcare is another option. The AL watch-kids interaction and Squinge's mod based on it are very useful, but be aware that if you ask a friend who hasn't been around kids much, he won't be much better than the nannies. Child-rearing veteran Kitty Hawkins did an awesome job of looking after grandchildren while her daughter had make-up woohoo with her husband, though.

And once in awhile you get a good nanny. The Swains' nanny feeds and plays with the dog, cleans up, and has lobster thermidor on the table when Erik and Natalie get home at six!

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 7:16 PM
The creepy thing about nannies is...they never forget you. I had a toddler who the nanny looked after for one day- ONE day- before one of his moms got a promotion and they weren't working at the same time. He's now halfway to teenhood, and she still calls and asks for him. NO, you creepy weirdo. You cannot talk to him. You don't know him and didn't even take care of him all that well.
To avoid hiring nannies, my mom moves all her graduated uni students in with families that don't have a grandparent or stay-at-home parent in the household. The ex-student takes care of the kids and gets a good start in life until he/she gets married and moves out.

Darby
21st Apr 2012, 7:54 PM
I've never had "nanny raeg", and always simply make them selectable to get them to do what's needed.

Now, though, I much prefer Squinge's Babysitter mod - the one Peni alludes to. Having another playable who's a friend of the family babysit is awesome to be able to do!

Squinge's nanny replacement mods are great too. Only one can be installed, but you can choose between teen, YA, and adults nannies, and they're much smarter than the default nannies.

M.M.A.A.
21st Apr 2012, 7:57 PM
I had the dad end the service for awhile, and then I had the dad have her track his schedule again, and that's when the problem started. Or are you saying I should have him cancel the schedule and have the nanny track the mom's schedule?

What I meant was that: cancel the schedule tracking for the dad and have him again call her again, but since it worked with the mother, then its fine. I usually get the mothers to call a nanny to track their schedules.