PDA

View Full Version : Townie baby?

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 7:04 PM
One of my sims is having an affair with a townie. I notised on their last date that she was rolling wants to woohoo with him (since they were on a community lot with no car or photo booth I couldn't try it). So that got me thinking...what if they not only woohooed, but she got pregnant? Would this be possible considering she is a townie? Would the option even come up? And if it did, would she show pregnancy? Have a baby that appears in his family tree? Years later, would kids from other families bring their son or daughter home from school?

Alijah
21st Apr 2012, 7:13 PM
From what I understand, when a sim gets pregnant, a controller is spawned on the lot to handle the pregnancy. Because of this, pregnancy can only happen at the female (or male if you use same sex pregnancy) sims home lot, because the controller cannot spawn on community lots or at a visiting lot. If you want the townie to get pregnant, she will have to move in. I'm not sure if she could get pregnant if you just have her as a controllable guest via testingcheats.

That said, even if she did have a baby, the baby would not age unless it's being played. So no, the baby would not age to a kid and eventually become a child townie. :)

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 7:25 PM
I could always move her into the "apartment" above, though this would make the affair somewhat more difficult considering that so far it's only existed when his wife is at work and the townie might wind up autonomously kissing/flirting with the husband if I'm not right on top of her the whole time.

Alijah
21st Apr 2012, 7:33 PM
If you mean a real apartment lot, then she can only get pregnant when you are actually playing her household. So even if she lives in the apartment building, you won't be able to get her pregnant unless you are controlling her. If you have a residential lot and are actually controlling her, then yeah that will work.

As for autonomy, if this is a real apartment building, then she would still need to be invited over so it may still work as long as your sim doesn't invite her over while the wife is home! If it's a residential lot then, yeesh, yes, you're right, you'll have to keep a close eye!

Peni Griffin
21st Apr 2012, 8:09 PM
You'll have to keep a close eye on her even when playing the current playable households, as apartment neighbors are very active, and it can be very hard to keep them out of your apartment. She's likely not only to autonomously try to flirt, kiss, and make out with the playable, but to break into the apartment to do it! Some apartments glitch to where even a locked door won't keep them out (though I have had romance sims successfully lock intruders into the bathroom to get privacy; this works best in two-bathroom apartments).

Alijah
21st Apr 2012, 8:15 PM
You'll have to keep a close eye on her even when playing the current playable households, as apartment neighbors are very active, and it can be very hard to keep them out of your apartment. She's likely not only to autonomously try to flirt, kiss, and make out with the playable, but to break into the apartment to do it! Some apartments glitch to where even a locked door won't keep them out (though I have had romance sims successfully lock intruders into the bathroom to get privacy; this works best in two-bathroom apartments).

I believe the glitch happens once you unlock the apartment. After that, it will never really truly be locked again. I never have problems with keeping intruders out of my apartments because I never unlock the doors. Then again, I also don't play apartments often.

maybesomethingdunno
21st Apr 2012, 8:33 PM
Unless you have a mod that allows it, Townies cannot become pregnant. Townies do not age on their own either.

Peni Griffin
21st Apr 2012, 9:22 PM
Yes, Alijah, but it doesn't invariably happen. I had Leslie Gay in the City Center Lofts for ages with the door unlocked, throwing parties and boinking her neighbors, and she never had an intruder problem. Georgette Skirt's apartment, however, became unliveable; and I never did a thing to the doors at the Dynamite Duplex, and the two families there were in and out constantly.

Alijah
21st Apr 2012, 9:42 PM
Yes, Alijah, but it doesn't invariably happen. I had Leslie Gay in the City Center Lofts for ages with the door unlocked, throwing parties and boinking her neighbors, and she never had an intruder problem. Georgette Skirt's apartment, however, became unliveable; and I never did a thing to the doors at the Dynamite Duplex, and the two families there were in and out constantly.

Oh no, that stinks. :( Sims inviting themselves in is one of the few pet peeves I have about this game! Brandi Broke married a barista who retained his NPC-like ability to enter homes without invitation and he met an... unfortunate end. >.>;

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 10:10 PM
It's not a real apartment...As I've stated in so many places before, I don't actually have apartment life, so I made two fake apartments on one lot. The game counts it as all one house, but I count it as two apartments. They are two identical three-room one-floor houses stacked on top of each other. John and his family live in the bottom one, and I was saying I could move her into the top one. This might present problems with autonomy and John's wife.

smorbie1
21st Apr 2012, 10:29 PM
Since they are not AL apartments, they count to the game as just a big house. Therefore, if the wife is anywhere on the lot, she will know when a cheat interaction has occurred.The other people who live there will also know and will talk about it, meaning the wife is bound to find out.

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 11:30 PM
So I'd either have to risk finding out, break the couple up and put the man in his own different building with the mistress, or put her in an apartment where I'd wind up never playing her?

ac220
21st Apr 2012, 11:53 PM
Since you don't own OFB or BV either that's pretty much it with standard rules.

Plus, the mistress will get jealous and may break up if she sees/learns about his woohoos with his wife.

Of course, there are various jealousy-affecting mods...

Darby
22nd Apr 2012, 12:46 AM
So I'd either have to risk finding out, break the couple up and put the man in his own different building with the mistress, or put her in an apartment where I'd wind up never playing her?

You could paint yourself into that corner, certainly, but not liking other options doesn't mean the ones you listed above are the only ones that exist.

If you want a baby from this townie badly enough, put her on a small lot of her own and play her. If the baby is the main objective, you can kill the mom off once the baby is born and have the dad adopt him/her.

aUserName
22nd Apr 2012, 4:30 AM
You could put the mistress on a lot, impregnate her on her lot and just age her and the kid with a hack when you want them to get older.

keyqueen
22nd Apr 2012, 5:20 PM
if you use testingcheatsenabled and make the townie selectable you can make her pragnent then speed up the pegnetsy useing the towmston of life and death. once she is at the first or secont trimester then make her unselectable or wait till the baby is born. I recomend the later becouse whens she lives the lot she will be seperated from the precnecy controler wich will prevent the pranancy from advencing intill you move her normely into a lot and keep her there for a awill.
once the baby is born it will become part of the playable family.
of course I do not recomend doing this as it has been awill since i atemptid it and from what I remember geting the pregnacy back on trak after the sim was seperated from the controler awas a pain in the neck.

larky
23rd Apr 2012, 6:36 AM
If you don't want to make her permanently playable, you can use Inge's teleporter cat to make her and/or the baby into townies again once the pregnancy's done, although you'll have to manually age the baby (and teleport it onto the lot anytime you want the father to interact with it, at least until it's a child). You can also use various objects (including the Tombstone of Life and Death, which you can spawn in debug mode) to speed up the pregnancy, so that it only takes a few sim hours to complete, and so you won't have to keep the mistress on the lot very long.