PDA

View Full Version : Which Maxis Neighborhood terrain has largest number of roads and largest amount of space?

M.M.A.A.
21st Apr 2012, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone

The Title says it all.

I need a neighborhood terrain that I can use to replace my current neighborhood terrain with the HoodReplace Tool by Mootilda.

I need that neighborhood to hold up to many households as possible, even 50.

Mootilda
21st Apr 2012, 11:16 PM
I don't know the answer offhand. However, if you were willing to consider custom terrains, you'd have more options.

M.M.A.A.
21st Apr 2012, 11:17 PM
I don't know the answer offhand. However, if you were willing to consider custom terrains, you'd have more options.

Yeah, I know, but I prefer just using the premades.

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 11:28 PM
I don't know exactly which one has the most roads. I used Crystal Springs for Stonebridge and it's working pretty well. Plus there's always the wide-open potential of subhoods. If I were to pick, though, I'd say Driftwood or Isla Segudo.

M.M.A.A.
21st Apr 2012, 11:30 PM
I don't know exactly which one has the most roads. I used Crystal Springs for Stonebridge and it's working pretty well. Plus there's always the wide-open potential of subhoods. If I were to pick, though, I'd say Driftwood or Isla Segudo.

I was thinking about Driftwood, but then thought about Aridia, I don't know... :S

StrangeTownChick
21st Apr 2012, 11:43 PM
It's annoying because you can't see the entire thing in the template photo. To me, Driftwood looks like it has the most roads.

M.M.A.A.
21st Apr 2012, 11:48 PM
Just so that you know, right now, I am using Alpinloch.

dieKristina
22nd Apr 2012, 12:25 AM
The terrain I use is called Viper Canyon I think, itīs a desert terrain by default. Anyway; in my experience that terrain has place for very many lots and since the terrain is flat itīs easy to place lots eveywhere.

Night Racer
22nd Apr 2012, 1:42 AM
Isla Seguando or w/e its called it really huge. I remember i used it once alooong time ago and was shocked at how big it was. Too big if anything. There is one or two others, but I cant remember. Ill check sometime soon and get back to you. I think another one might be the one with the oval lake right in front of a sheer mountian face... Aplinoch? Maybe? I forget. Its kinda hilly, but I think it has lots of roads. You should know it when you see it.

Oh, Driftwood might be another one too. I Just now saw StrangeTownChicks post. I dont know how i missed it :/

Peni Griffin
22nd Apr 2012, 1:54 AM
I suspect Crystal Springs, which is hilly as all get out, is too complex for this to work well. One of the roads is practically vertical, much of it unusable, and the center side road running off of it, though it will take lots, has such steep terrain that they're tricky to run.

Bwinney43
22nd Apr 2012, 6:49 AM
This might be completely pointless to put out there but I'm throwing my two cents in anyway...

You might also consider, if you aren't already implementing one, getting a camera hack that allows you to go farther to the edge of hoods. Opens up tons of space that you normally could not reach with the default camera. I'm using GunMods, I think, and I love them. I had to tweak them a bit to get them to my liking but so far it's given me more opportunities for lot placement now that I can actually reach around the whole map.

Kukaelio_ono
22nd Apr 2012, 7:01 AM
Isla Segudo hands down-- but I don't use it much anymore because there is TOO much space!

DigitalSympathies
22nd Apr 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm a Driftwood fan personally, that and the Veronaville template. It just *works* for me.

Auluna
22nd Apr 2012, 11:06 AM
Always been a Driftwood fan, until Bon Voyage and beaches came about...Now I usually wind up using Belladonna Cove for my hoods. But hey, to each their own.

M.M.A.A.
22nd Apr 2012, 2:33 PM
This might be completely pointless to put out there but I'm throwing my two cents in anyway...

You might also consider, if you aren't already implementing one, getting a camera hack that allows you to go farther to the edge of hoods. Opens up tons of space that you normally could not reach with the default camera. I'm using GunMods, I think, and I love them. I had to tweak them a bit to get them to my liking but so far it's given me more opportunities for lot placement now that I can actually reach around the whole map.

I already have one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312294 by Tom Duhamel. Its really helpful.

Is it me or is it that some terrains seem larger in size than others?

lipe2k
22nd Apr 2012, 4:13 PM
I already have one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312294 by Tom Duhamel. Its really helpful.

Is it me is it that some terrains seem larger in size than others?

No, when creating them in SimCity4 you can only use the smallest city size available, so they're all the same size :)

I've already tried to use vanilla terrains, but I really don't like their layouts. I'd go for a custom one, or editing one of them in SC4.