PDA

View Full Version : Strange files...

Mew1210
2nd May 2012, 1:42 AM
My Bodyshop has been crashing while loading recently. While searching for the possible cause, I found these MDMP files in my Sims 2 folder.
I've never noticed them before. What exactly are they, and what do they do? O:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/bluberrie3/BodyShopFiles.png

Josepina
2nd May 2012, 1:46 AM
Windows Minidump files. Sent to Microsoft when an error occurs. They are useless.

Mew1210
2nd May 2012, 3:08 AM
Ah, okay. I'll just delete them then. :P Thank you!

Dizzy-noodles
8th May 2012, 3:12 PM
Hiya, I had BS crashing when loading recently, and it turned out to be a few dodgy Saved Sims files. I took them out (put on desktop), then put them back in one at a time, loaded BS, until I found the ones that made it crash, and deleted them.

Mew1210
8th May 2012, 11:08 PM
Hiya, I had BS crashing when loading recently, and it turned out to be a few dodgy Saved Sims files. I took them out (put on desktop), then put them back in one at a time, loaded BS, until I found the ones that made it crash, and deleted them.
That's exactly what happened to Bodyshop on my computer. xD I thought it was a mod or something I'd downloaded, but it turned out to be a Sim I downloaded a while ago. :wtf:

maxon
9th May 2012, 12:15 AM
You could try deleting the cache files in the Sims 2 folder. That will often deal with crashing problems. Be careful if you use AnyGameStarter though - don't delete the file called fullgame.id or something like that.

SMartin_Sim2
9th May 2012, 1:31 AM
I always delete the Cigen and the cache files before starting BodyShop or the game. Reduces the number of startup crashes significantly.