PDA

View Full Version : Another question from the space aspect of Levera's mind: Can in laws get married?

Yazoo
24th May 2012, 9:45 PM
Alright, you know it was coming. Oh yes. So, I have sisters:

Aria and Spencer

Aria is in love with Nina Caliente, and they are now engaged. And my story was set on that Spencer gets married to Dina. Oh yeah, after her lovely flings. BUT that so past the point here.

So, can Spencer marry Dina AFTER Nina is married too Aria? Or did my story go to muy crapo?

I just need to make sure o.O Because once a family member is added, for some reason they can only family kiss, and so forth. And I am just making sure that I am correct that Nina and Dina can marry Aria and Spencer. Because if not, my story is now officially in the le toilet.

katya_stevens
24th May 2012, 9:50 PM
I think if the sims are romantic interests before they become in-laws, they will have all romantic actions open to them, including proposal/marriage. I know early on in my Prosperity 'hood I had a brother and sister marry twins with no issues -- all met as teens, became romantic interests and were married shortly after graduating from university. They're all still together with the various numbers of children (and soon some grandchildren).

It seems to be that the crush/love flags override the family flags -- one 'hood I had a family of three sims: an adult female and her two (foster) children. As I made them in CAS I had to flag them as mother/siblings, but when they were teens breaking the family flags allowed them to get romantic. Even after adding the family flags back in they were able to do (autonomous thanks to ACR) romantic actions.

Yazoo
24th May 2012, 9:56 PM
Oh thank goodness. Because I know at one point that I got two parents married, and the two I wanted to get together in the end couldn't do to the fact their mothers...YAY lesbians. Ahem sorry, ended up getting married. But I think that is because they became step-sisters. But I have noticed that a brother or a sister once they get married their parents or siblings can flirt with them. I just never tried with like two sisters and another group of sisters. And I honestly wanted to make sure. o.o

Thank you. ^.^

Fivey
24th May 2012, 11:27 PM
From my experience, the game goes by legal monogamy. You can't have concubines.

However, you can have affairs with in-laws all you want. I once created a family where there was a husband and wife, and the wife's brother. The husband would boink the brother while wife was at work. He was a very careful person, seeing that I didn't have ACR then. Of course, their in-game born kid eventually narked on daddy and uncle.

Yazoo
25th May 2012, 12:23 AM
Wait wait. You are saying that Spencer and Dina can NOT get married?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please tell me this isn't true!? :cry:

*le sigh* there goes that story out the window :(

Fivey
25th May 2012, 12:52 AM
Wait wait. You are saying that Spencer and Dina can NOT get married?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please tell me this isn't true!? :cry:

*le sigh* there goes that story out the window :(

WAIT, what?

Yes, they can. Sorry, misread your post. ^^; Thought you were trying to get Aria to marry two people. I was reading off a steadily dying phone when I posted this.

A wife's sibling and a husband's sibling can get married. Same applies for gay couples.

I'm sorry I scared you. :C

Yazoo
25th May 2012, 12:55 AM
*squeals*

So, Spencer can marry Dina and Aria can marry Nina?! This makes me happy. :D

Because I want the Forsythe daughters or well, granddaughters to get married to the Caliente sisters...Was that a better way of explaining it? Lol. I really do, because...That is my story, and other weird crap. That is the main peeps in the legacy, seeing: Ursula, Brenda, Kraven and Lillian will die. :( I may cry when that happens.

@Fivey: Its okay. More than likely I should word things better. And it did scare me. But Aria is not the whore, Spencer sort of is. Romance Simming it up, Spencer. You know if I was going to play like the show:

Pretty Little Liars

I think it would have more been Aria. But then again Aria is not a whore, just goes for older dudes o.O

Thank you, Fivey ^.^ (not for scaring me, but helping me)

TortureTheNannies
25th May 2012, 3:17 AM
Yes, this is possible in the game. the spouse's brother can marry the groom's sister. I think it happens in real life too. While some cases may be lacking propriety, I've seen two sisters marry two brothers and people don't mind it at all.

Yazoo
25th May 2012, 4:32 AM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am so happy to hear this ^.^ Really. Because the story is going to be awesome! Plus all Vampires and stuffs, maybe o.O

Darby
25th May 2012, 4:08 PM
Simplest answer is that if two sims aren't flagged to each other as "family", they can marry. (Assuming both are of appropriate age, of course.)

steveundTP
25th May 2012, 5:07 PM
I know twin brothers who married twin sisters in real life and after a few years both couples got divorced and each brother married the other twin sister. If you ask them today they'll just say they switched.

Makes me want to try it out on Sims 2, so funny how things get in life.

Yazoo
25th May 2012, 6:21 PM
I am glad that they can get married ^.^ Because Spencer sort of proposed to Dina last night o.O

TychoH
26th May 2012, 3:21 PM
If Nina and Aria are married, Dina and Spencer aren't in-laws of eachother - Dina is only Aria's in-law and Spencer is only Nina's in-law. So Dina and Spencer can have romance interaction when Nina and Aria are already married.

Once I had 5 siblings marrying 5 other siblings. Of the second couple siblings, the youngest wasn't even a teen when the oldest sibling was already married, and the youngest was fine in marry the youngest of the other siblings. But I have to say that the couples were double first cousins to eachother and that I suspended their family ties with the inSimenator.

There is a hack for step-family romance: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=918 It also hacks in-law-family so they can fall in love too. If I am right, without this hack only parents-in-law can flirt with their children-in-law, while the children-in-law can't flirt with the parents-in-law.

Yazoo
26th May 2012, 6:56 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe!!! Well so far so good. Nina and Aria are engaged. Spencer and Dina already took the plunge and got married. And now have two kids :D