PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason why the great grandparents didn't acknowledge Lucian?

Yazoo
27th May 2012, 4:53 AM
Alright so I had the family come over to meet Lucian and Hannah. Lucian only sees Aria and Ursula.as family but not Lillian, Kraven or even Brenda. Brenda is Lucian and Hannah's great aunt. And Lillian and Kraven are their great grandparents.

So is there a reason they don't see them as family?

TortureTheNannies
27th May 2012, 5:10 AM
IIRC, the family tree extends only to three generations. Therefore great-grandparents do not know their great-grandchildren are family. It was referenced in another player's question when they saw great-grandad dating his great-granddaughter. So, do any of your other great-grand generation sims see them on the family tree? Or are they all unaware?

Fivey
27th May 2012, 5:10 AM
It's normal.

In the game, great grandparents aren't considered relatives, as with any family tie that isn't within a three generation basis within the same line. Weird, I know.

Aegagropilon
27th May 2012, 5:19 AM
The game only recognizes three generations, though it can be extended to four with the use of hacks. Here (http://faiuwle.pbworks.com/w/page/7391063/Sims2Hacks) is a link to the hack. I recommend the inlaw fix as well; it has the added benefit of recognizing step-grandchildren as family.

Though it is interesting to sometimes see family dynamics in place without the family tags to support them. For example, Olive Reaper dotes on her great-granddaughter Olivia in much the same way as she doted on Olivia's mother Grimhild. Olive doesn't give a damn about any of her other great-grandchildren -- and this includes Grimhild's two sons -- but she ignored Grimhild's siblings as well (and the only one of her grandkids' spouses that she even tolerates is Grimhild's husband Siggeir, and she adores him...as long as he doesn't argue with Grimhild in front of her).

Edit: I don't have the extended family hack in place in my game right now -- only the inlaw fix -- because I don't want to deal with a reset at the moment. Hopefully someone who's using it can vouch for it :)

Yazoo
27th May 2012, 5:21 AM
Thats stupid. I mean seriously I would want to know my whole family

GEGNER
27th May 2012, 5:25 AM
I doubt Maxis originally expected that adult great grandchildren would be meeting adult/elder great grandparents, and that's why they can date and why they aren't recognized. Also why great^n grandchildren can date great^n grandparents.

Yazoo
27th May 2012, 5:31 AM
Its pretty sick that they can date their great grandkids

AlexandraSpears
27th May 2012, 6:09 AM
The game only recognizes three generations, though it can be extended to four with the use of hacks. Here (http://faiuwle.pbworks.com/w/page/7391063/Sims2Hacks) is a link to the hack. I recommend the inlaw fix as well; it has the added benefit of recognizing step-grandchildren as family.

Thanks! I always wanted grandaunts and granduncles to be recognized. Second cousins, not so much...as I've married off second cousins (so that second link would be great for me).

Yazoo
27th May 2012, 9:32 AM
Hmm, how would I know if I already have a hack with BHAVs? Because I have a few hacks already in, and I really really do not want it to frack up my game...Because I am now on the fourth or maybe its the third generation of the Forysthe family :D

joandsarah77
27th May 2012, 10:24 AM
I have those hacks, works well. Now in-laws only have family kiss. :)

Ghost sdoj
27th May 2012, 2:37 PM
You can get the HCDU if you are worried about the new hack modifying the same BHAVs.

Yazoo
27th May 2012, 5:21 PM
Forgive me. But what is HCDU? And I wouldn't mind getting the hack but I don't want to start over because of the reset. That would make me like really sad actually. :(

Peni Griffin
27th May 2012, 5:32 PM
Hack Conflict Detection Utility. It lets you know whether you have two hacks that affect the same code and therefore have the potential to interfere with one another.

A neighborhood reset doesn't make you start over. Each household will start at the time you last saved, with all members awake, alert, and with most of their motives in the green. Beds that were being slept in will have mounded covers until slept or relaxed in again. Pets may appear to be swimming through the floor but will sort themselves out almost immediately.

Orilon
27th May 2012, 5:37 PM
The Hack Conflict Detection Utility can be found at the Sim Wardrobe: http://simwardrobe.com/ (go to Sims 2 then go to programs) and download it. You can only run it when you aren't running the game.

It won't cause a reset, but resets don't make you start over.

M.M.A.A.
27th May 2012, 6:09 PM
Too bad the extended family hack conflicts with InTeen. :( OH WHY?! UGH!

maxon
27th May 2012, 9:09 PM
Forgive me. But what is HCDU? And I wouldn't mind getting the hack but I don't want to start over because of the reset. That would make me like really sad actually. :(
Hack Conflict Detection Utility or something like that - over at SimWardrobe.

You do realise 'reset' in this instance just means jumps the sims out of what they were doing when you saved the lot? If they were in bed, you'll find them standing beside it instead. Nothing, even slightly, major.

Sunbee
27th May 2012, 10:22 PM
Too bad the extended family hack conflicts with InTeen. :( OH WHY?! UGH!
Because Inteen modifies EVERYTHING. The hacks we sacrifice having for our teens :lol:

iCad
27th May 2012, 10:47 PM
Because Inteen modifies EVERYTHING. The hacks we sacrifice having for our teens :lol:

Indeed. :lol: I'd really, REALLY like to have that extended family hack...but I want the Inteen functions even more, so...yeah. :)

I wanted to mention, RE resets: If any Sims were at school/work or off-lot in general (for instance, if you have the Community Time hack), when you last saved the lot, they will be back on-lot when you load the lot after a reset and the time will be whatever it was when you saved the game. Generally, if you have AL, you can have the kids walk to school and the adults walk/drive to work and everything will be fine, although the adult(s) will usually get an "X is late for work!" warning. But before I had AL when this has happened, I had kids lose a grade at school and, once, a Sim lost his job because he'd already missed a couple days, the slacker. Since I have Community Time, I once had a family lose the car that they drove to a community lot after a reset. (THEY came back to their lot, but the car didn't. It wasn't a big deal; I just familyfunded them money and re-bought the car, but... Yeah.) So, if this kind of stuff is a concern, it's something to consider. You might want to play your lots until everyone's home and then save before you install a hack that you know will cause a reset. Or not. Whatever's important to you. :)

Yazoo
27th May 2012, 11:14 PM
Thank you. Well, I will get the HCDU. And I didn't know that the reset meant that. Sorry :(

Aegagropilon
27th May 2012, 11:52 PM
Thank you. Well, I will get the HCDU. And I didn't know that the reset meant that. Sorry :(

I should have explained that, too, when I mentioned it. I just haven't had the drive to go through every household and make sure no one's at school, work, class, or on the phone when the reset hits. I need to, though: I want the extended family hack in my game! :D

maxon
28th May 2012, 12:19 AM
This is partly why I always save at 6am. Everyone's home in bed.

Yazoo
28th May 2012, 2:50 AM
All my Sims are at home, its like at night now. o.O Mhm, and plus, Dina doesn't have too work ^.^ YAY! Anyway, I will download the HCDU first :)

EDIT: IF I put the "In Law Fix" that would mean Aria and Nina can't get married, right? Or well joined. Due to the fact Spencer (Aria's sister) has gotten to married/joined to Dina (Nina's sister)

Aegagropilon
28th May 2012, 3:19 AM
Nope, it won't affect that. It just means that Aria can't interact romantically with Dina, nor can Nina interact romantically with Spencer. Aria and Nina are free to get married :D

Yazoo
28th May 2012, 3:21 AM
OH THANK GOD! I am so very worried about that. Because like...Yeah o.O I really wanted Nina and Dina to be Forsythe's. Sadly, I need to move Micheal Bachelor to the Cemetery that I have built in Pleasantview. o.O

AlexandraSpears
28th May 2012, 3:32 AM
I still maintain it would've been nice for a Family Sim to roll a want of Get a Great-Grandchild...and it be worth a bunch of aspiration points.

Yazoo
29th May 2012, 5:08 AM
I so agree with you, AlexandraSpears.

Alright, so. I did put the hacks in, and I did run the HCDU. But when Spencer went and bit Ian. Ian's face went le poof. It was black, and like..Scary. So I changed his appearance, and his face came back. Was this because of the hacks, (HCDU said NONE of the hacks were conflicting with each other) or was it a bug/glitch?

joandsarah77
29th May 2012, 5:23 AM
That is more likely to be caused by default skin tones, a glitch, graphic card overheating/troubles or neighbourhood corruption then those hacks. But if you have default skins Id say it probably glitched on him turning into a vampire.

Yazoo
29th May 2012, 5:26 AM
I hope a glitch, because I do not have default skins. Plus...Well, I haven't done anything to corrupt the hood, I do not think. I moved Micheal Bachelor to a Cemetery, so he can rest well :) But then again, I did go on a biting frenzy with Spencer >.<

joandsarah77
29th May 2012, 5:32 AM
Just so long as you have creature fixes in you will be right with the biting. Without that hack Crumplebottom can get bitten and then not only your hood but your entire game can be toast. If you are on a lap top they can get overheated easily and changing into a vampire would require a bit of extra juice from computer I would think.

Yazoo
29th May 2012, 5:34 AM
Ah okay. Well, next time I'll remind myself to not go on a biting frenzy, take it easy. Lol. Thank you, joandsarah77