Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 4

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Site News (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   MTS Competition: Calendar Winners, Activity Participants, and Multicultural Create (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=494461)

Phaenoh 31st Dec 2012 5:43 AM

MTS Competition: Calendar Winners, Activity Participants, and Multicultural Create

Hello MTSers! As part of our relatively new MTS Competitions we are announcing the winners from the LolSim Calendar Contest, advertising the activity participants, and kicking off January's competition.

November Calendar Winners!
First our winners! As we did last year, the winners will get their own news post to shine in throughout the year. We also have created TS2 and TS3 in game calendars of our winners and they are available for everyone to download and enjoy! Our panel of judges consisted of about a dozen staff members voting anonymously. Just as last year, anyone who submitted two entries had their best one chosen to let as many people win as possible.
MonthTS2 WinnersTS3 Winners
JanuarySweetCat4444's "Milkshake"spladoum's "Childzilla"
Februarygodspeed's "Statue Kiss"Lunararc's "Creepy Ex"
Marchaisquared's "Ran out of Canvas"varpunen's "Chili"
AprilPhaenoh's "No Room"Guysim1993's "Soon My Pretties"
MayMimiSim's "Extreme Toddler Sports"naiyasfury's "Haz you Now"
Junejoandsarah77's "Prostate Exam"Japalion9's "Diver Malfunction"
Julynikel23's "The Reach Around"PlayinSafe's "Magnetism"
AugustDigitalSympathies's "Cantaloupe Curling"Black_Zekrom's "Arcade Boss"
Septembertarysaah's "FireStarter"MidnightTear's "Not the Dentist"
Octobertcbandie10's "Beware of Todzilla"ButchSims's "Limits of Medication"
Novemberwhiterider's "Grown Up Conversation"laracroftfan1's "Zombie"
DecemberCroutonian's "Priesiez"InEmergencyDressing's "Hiding from Mortimer"

December Activity Participants
There was a pretty modest turnout for our first activity month but we had some pretty cool creations nonetheless It's now officially closed so congrats to those who were able to take part and hope you’ve not worn yourself out too much; there’s more creating to do Hover over the images to see full titles, and click on the pictures to go to the thread.

Sims99Fanaticmaybesomethingdunnojoandsarah77Phaenohcyclo_tripzPSDuckie
Piercing of the Barriers (Machinima)
The Man That Time Forgot"Claira the Clairvoyant"Island Time Fun Zone'Let Kids Be Kids'Four Forever RingsPiercing of the Barriers
TS2 Global ModTS2 Object ModTS2 Community LotTS2 Config ModTS3 AccessoriesTS3 Video

January Create Competition - Multicultural
This January (you have all month) we are hosting a create competition. You make something and upload it just as you would any other download, but tag it with the search term #CreateMulticultural. You may make as many or as few things for it as you like, they will all be considered. Both TS2 and TS3 are allowed, and they will be judged separately. 1 in 10 will be win, so you stand a pretty good shot!

What do we mean by multicultural? Well, create something for a present-day or recent-past culture and upload it. You will be judged on the quality of the upload and how faithfully you recreated it, so do your research and teach us something in your post. Chances are, we have no idea what it is or why it's important. We've had some fantastic examples of these uploads in the past: N8ive Sims First Nations project, Jeka's Russian Clay Stove, Masaharu777's Japanese style lots, Nouk's 'dark lady' hairs, TwoHorse's Indian Bindis, jadedicara's Scottish Kilts, Gerald_Sim_'s Indonesian Batik's patterns, -Shady-'s Mexican Flair lot. These are by no means the only types of uploads or cultures that should be represented, it's just what I could dig up in one evening. You also don't have to only stick to your own culture/country/ethnic group, just try to do justice to whatever you make.

What's in it for us you say? Well, all winners (the 24 lucky calendar winners are our first) and whoever earns a spot as a winner of the Multicultural Create Competition will receive 3 fantastic prizes! Behind door number one is a pretty little blue ribbon icon for their avatar, the second prize is a purple achievement badge on their profile page (participates who do not win receive a red one as our thanks) and the final prize is a fantastic in game trophy item! It doesn't just look snazzy, but it helps your sims out with skilling. Winners will receive the version for the game they submitted to.

Well, that's it, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

heaven 2nd Jan 2013 9:27 PM

Congratulations once again everyone for your participation and support in both the calendar contest and the activity theme! Good luck with the upcoming create competition!

Aree 2nd Jan 2013 9:36 PM

*squee* An excuse to finish my WIPs! They all fit this theme!

PrincessPretty 2nd Jan 2013 9:38 PM

Does the contest allow CAS! screens or lots?
Curosity.....

Phaenoh 2nd Jan 2013 10:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LillianAllen
Does the contest allow CAS! screens or lots?
Curosity.....
Anything you can think to upload is allowed, just make sure it fits the theme!

PrincessPretty 2nd Jan 2013 10:08 PM

Oh great!!
Just got a idea!!

Karen Lorraine 2nd Jan 2013 10:25 PM

How about a roman bath house? or is that too ancient?

Phaenoh 2nd Jan 2013 11:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
How about a roman bath house? or is that too ancient?
Are they still around and being used today? If yes, then go for it!

Karen Lorraine 2nd Jan 2013 11:08 PM

not being used but being visited as museums eg http://www.romanbaths.co.uk/

think you can still drink the waters - but it's disgusting!

Arisuka 3rd Jan 2013 1:37 AM

Wonderful, I happen to have so much stuff laying around that could fit the multicultural theme! This will be fun!

Phaenoh 3rd Jan 2013 3:34 AM

Halie, no fantasy stuff for this theme. We do fantasy themes a lot (and karen lorraine, historical stuff too) so this time we are doing current or barely recent past cultures. But, if you really want to do a project, do it! Don't let our silly competition stop you, just know that you prolly won't win if you don't fit the category as well as others. There is also no limit to the number of things you can upload to this competition, so its not like you need to put all your eggs in one basket.

DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo 3rd Jan 2013 4:53 AM

Is teaming up allowed perchance?

ButchSims 3rd Jan 2013 5:08 AM

How do the winners actually get the trophy download? Will they get a PM, or similar?

porkypine 3rd Jan 2013 5:32 AM

Yippee! ...back burner-ing New Year's party time dress _Mesh is made but have to work on the 2 and 3 lods.. and starting on some pow-wow gear! (I have no idea what I can get done in a month.. Cross your fingers but .... you know... when-ever time.. lol ...maybe it's time to get the pow-wow horse parade gear off the back burner... I've had an interesting time on TS3 clothing meshes... different from TS2.....

edit: I'd be more likely to finish if I stuck to TS2 rather than TS3....

Karen Lorraine 3rd Jan 2013 8:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Halie, no fantasy stuff for this theme. We do fantasy themes a lot (and karen lorraine, historical stuff too) so this time we are doing current or barely recent past cultures. But, if you really want to do a project, do it! Don't let our silly competition stop you, just know that you prolly won't win if you don't fit the category as well as others. There is also no limit to the number of things you can upload to this competition, so its not like you need to put all your eggs in one basket.
That's ok, Phae, thanks for the clarification, probably gonna make a Roman Bathhouse anyway.

Mai2008 3rd Jan 2013 3:16 PM

Is this a parts of the world type thing or a celebration thing or both? So you could do a celebration only celebrated in america or japan or something like that, or is it more create (insert country of choice) lot/ item/ whatever else?

PrincessPretty 3rd Jan 2013 4:16 PM

Can it be like a chinese culture?

Phaenoh 3rd Jan 2013 5:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
Is teaming up allowed perchance?
Of course!
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
How do the winners actually get the trophy download? Will they get a PM, or similar?
We will be PMing them with a special download link.

porky, can't wait to see what you come up with!
Quote: Originally posted by Mai2008
Is this a parts of the world type thing or a celebration thing or both? So you could do a celebration only celebrated in america or japan or something like that, or is it more create (insert country of choice) lot/ item/ whatever else?
Either or both.
Quote: Originally posted by LillianAllen
Can it be like a chinese culture?
Yes, all cultures are allowed.

Mai2008 3rd Jan 2013 6:52 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

PSDuckie 3rd Jan 2013 9:28 PM

I'm going to be going for American culture, specifically the American dream.

Kittylynn74 3rd Jan 2013 9:29 PM

Could "recent past" be as far back as my 2 Great Grandmother in Scotland?

Her journal was found in my Great Grandfathers belongings and Ive been scanning it into my computer. While doing so I couldn't help reading some of it and it details some of her experiences in the Textile industry before she moved to America when my Great Grandfather was a teenager. Just for a time frame my Great Grandfather was born in 1895 and passed away at the age of 105 in 2000. He was a little bit of a horder and going thru his paperwork has been an extensive & fascinating process.

I have already started creating a custom Textiles career for S2 and perhaps it will fit this category? The career starts as Aprentice and ends as a Haberdasher (still a name used as a seller of custom tailored clothing in parts of Scotland)

joandsarah77 3rd Jan 2013 9:45 PM

Oh my I really didn't think I would win. Thanks mods for voting for me.

PSDuckie 3rd Jan 2013 10:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Oh my I really didn't think I would win. Thanks mods for voting for me.

Congratulations on winning!

cyclo_tripz 4th Jan 2013 3:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh

What's in it for us you say? Well, all winners (the 24 lucky calendar winners are our first) and whoever earns a spot as a winner of the Multicultural Create Competition will receive 3 fantastic prizes!

How many spots/winners will be chosen for the Multicultural Create Competition?

ruby mc nugget 4th Jan 2013 3:48 AM

i can do my austraian one because im aussie :D