Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 19

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Site News (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Some sad news (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532820)

Tashiketh 4th Sep 2014 2:28 PM

Some sad news

Today I have very sad news to share with you all - one of our long term members, Mootilda, had been ill with cancer for some time. On Monday 1st September she was admitted to hospital and died peacefully on Tuesday morning. This announcement post gives us the opportunity to share our condolences with her family and to remember her for all the great mods she made for us, and more importantly, to remember her for her great character and her kindness in helping others.

Mootilda was a highly respected member of the community and could frequently be found helping out in modding discussions and help forums. She was an accomplished programmer who loved to share her knowledge with others as well as being a site helper here on MTS for a number of years, and contributed extensively to the site and the community.

Mootilda - we will miss you, rest in peace.

leefish 4th Sep 2014 2:29 PM

I will always remember Mootilda as a no-nonsense person with a genuinely kind heart. She helped me when I was new to the site and I always enjoyed reading her replies and of course using the great mods she made for us. Whenever I play my game or visit this site I shall remember her.

Inge Jones 4th Sep 2014 2:32 PM

OMG this is very sad! She was amazing with her work on the lot mover, and I spent quite a bit of time working with her.

xDemoiselleGothique 4th Sep 2014 2:32 PM

Oh my God, that's really awful.

Dear Mootilda, we will all miss you so very much!
You were always helpful and nice.
I hope you will now find peace.

My heart goes out to the family.

Johnny_Bravo 4th Sep 2014 2:34 PM

Oh wow. I've never really known her, nor her creations, but I'm glad to hear she died peacefully. Cancer can lead to an awful death.
Rest in peace, fellow Simmer.

simsfreq 4th Sep 2014 2:42 PM

Oh my gosh, how awfully sad. Mootilda was always so patient, talented and a truly creative problem solver. A huge loss to the sims community, and I am sure to the world in general. She will be sadly missed. My thoughts are with her family.

joandsarah77 4th Sep 2014 2:46 PM

Oh my gosh how awful. She was a very integral part in keeping the community and the Sims 2 afloat. She was amazing.
I only knew her a little and I'm really sad. You will be missed Mootilda.

RedheadStpChild 4th Sep 2014 3:00 PM

My condolences to her family.

baskerwil 4th Sep 2014 3:07 PM

This is terrible news! So very sorry to hear this

justJones 4th Sep 2014 3:08 PM

Prayers and condolences to her family. So sad to hear.

RedSneakers 4th Sep 2014 3:13 PM

That's so sad. I'm glad she was a part of this community. I didn't know her personally, but she was a big part of this.

cecim 4th Sep 2014 3:26 PM

I am a long time member of Mod the Sims. Mootilda has always been an integral part of this site. So when I read the news today, it was a tremendous blow. I am terribly sorry to hear this news. I send my heartfelt condolences to her family, friends and loved ones. In their healng, I hope they know that she was admired and had a wonderful impact here. Rest in peace and thank you very much, Mootilda. You will never be forgotten.

--Ceci

CatherineTCJD 4th Sep 2014 3:35 PM

Sad, sad news - for us, the simming community, and the world...
She is in a better place now - and her pain is gone.
Peace be with her.

Best_Leopard 4th Sep 2014 4:00 PM

My thoughts and love go out to her family and friends.

Karen Lorraine 4th Sep 2014 4:07 PM

Such sad news, my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends. Thank you for all the help and support given to myself and the simming community.

Rest in peace, Mootilda.

Vampire_aninyosaloh 4th Sep 2014 4:14 PM

This is so sad. I always found her to be extremelly helpful both with her posts and her work. She was an amazing part of the community and will surely be missed a great deal and never forgotten. My best wishes are with her family and friends. Rest in peace.

IAmDeath 4th Sep 2014 4:18 PM

Goodbye Mootilda. I didn't know her but it's still very sad to hear.

Amura 4th Sep 2014 4:38 PM

Condolences to her family. We'll have her in our prayers.

missyhissy 4th Sep 2014 4:53 PM

Gosh, that is so sad to hear. Condolences to her family, and may she Rest In Peace.

drewzahh 4th Sep 2014 5:02 PM

Thoughts are with the family. That's so sad to hear.

applefeather2 4th Sep 2014 5:12 PM

Very sad news. Rest in peace, Mootilda.
Thank you for letting us know, Delphy.

rockergrrl37203 4th Sep 2014 5:22 PM

I have no words. May she rest in peace.

cherry4567 4th Sep 2014 5:23 PM

didn''t know her...but that's so sad.Condolences to her family.rest in peace Mootilda.

balmz 4th Sep 2014 5:24 PM

farewell our beloved friend rip

Klaartje 4th Sep 2014 5:39 PM

Oh no, this is terrible My thoughts are with her friends and her family.