Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 3

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Site News (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Official 2012 MTS Calendar Contest (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=462097)

heaven 26th Nov 2011 8:22 PM

Official 2012 MTS Calendar Contest

Official MTS 2012 Calendar Contest

In just a few short days, we will be launching not one, but two calendar contests for 2012. The contests will run for the entire month of December. There will be one specific for TS2 and one for TS3. This contest will give you a chance to share unique screenshots of your sims celebrating throughout the calendar year.

On December 1st, details and a chance to enter will be posted in the Sims Contests site area.

Use your creativity to showcase your sims in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be a scene with sims in it representing the "feel" of a particular month. Have the family gathered for Christmas dinner? Take a picture! Beach party in June? Snap that scene! A winner will be chosen for each month for, up to, a total of 24 winners (12 for each game)!

Check back on December 1st, start taking pictures and have fun!

TS2 Contest

TS3 Contest

porkypine 27th Nov 2011 1:22 AM

Hi! What if we are like 'brain dead' for some month's ideas but have a couple of good ones otherwise. Can we enter for just a couple of months or do we have to do all 12?

heaven 27th Nov 2011 1:35 AM

The contest will only take place during the month of December. At the end of the month, winners will be chosen for each month and then the winning pictures will be made into a calendar. Sorry about the confusion!

leefish 27th Nov 2011 1:37 AM

Is there a limited number of entrants per month of the year? If so, I am gonna go camp in the sims contest forum so I can get my preferred month

heaven 27th Nov 2011 1:41 AM

There is a limited amount of entries per month. 15 per month to be precise. However, make sure to read the rules BEFORE posting your entry.

leefish 27th Nov 2011 1:45 AM

Ok - I know there is gonna be a Rules thread and stuff, but just to get a general idea - in the REAL month of December 2011 we can all posts pics of our sims/houses/pets/worlds and the pic we post is to represent a month on a calendar - right? And there are 15 places in each month...so if I get to the thread too late on 1st December and there are already 15 entries for the month of February I have to pick another month?

OMG...

porkypine 27th Nov 2011 1:47 AM

Darn! It's a shame I haven't finished all my new outfits or I'd make a winter snow snake scene for January... and a pow-wow horse parade for August.. :D

Ok. I'll see if I can get the old 'imaginative section' neurons fired up.

porkypine 27th Nov 2011 1:49 AM

p.s. I think perhaps if we limit each person to one entry per month that we can let in more than 15 for each month? **begs*... *Whimpers*... *tears up pitiful tears**

leefish 27th Nov 2011 1:52 AM

Porkypine - we can camp out in the Contests Forum, but I don't have WA so I don't have a tent

porkypine 27th Nov 2011 2:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Porkypine - we can camp out in the Contests Forum, but I don't have WA so I don't have a tent

How about an umbrella? An old car that doesn't leak?

We can at least start making up some scenes and getting snapshots. :0) Kentucky Derby is May 4/5 weekend thereabouts.... But May day will probably take that month... the interesting thing will be to see if the entries are May day as in old heathen coming of spring revival or as in political movements.

heaven 27th Nov 2011 2:02 AM

/me whispers - there is a cap on how many months contestants can enter. But think of the judges! 180 pictures to judge already!

porkypine 27th Nov 2011 2:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by heaven
/me whispers - there is a cap on how many months contestants can enter. But think of the judges! 180 pictures to judge already!

Morphead 27th Nov 2011 4:20 AM

I have the perfect idea for this for my birth-month! Hopefully CAH will be fixed by then :S
/me also remembers he has to finish a story @.@

simsample 27th Nov 2011 9:47 AM

Ooh, I was 'Miss January' in the last Calendar competition, so I'll be keeping my eye on this one!

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=101919

TheGuySim 27th Nov 2011 1:35 PM

I need to do this! O.O

Have you guys decided if you will allow picture editing? Like editing a screenie in Photoshop, or GIMP?

MogHughson 27th Nov 2011 7:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by leesester
You have Sims 2 Bon Voyage though - so you do have a tent

leefish 27th Nov 2011 8:38 PM

/lee installs Bon Voyage - good point

missroxor 27th Nov 2011 9:35 PM

hrm...*sound of rusty cogs turning*...I can't get christmas out my head, will have to work hard to think of something for the other months :p

Is it too early to give away secrets like whether or not cc will be allowed in full, in part or not at all? If it's allowed/not allowed we can start on set ideas

heaven 27th Nov 2011 9:50 PM

Not giving anything else away! I want to leave as much as I can to December 1st. It's only a few days away. /me plugs ears and hums to tune out all requests.

MzzUnvrz 28th Nov 2011 8:16 AM

This will be hard, seeing as I live in Australia and the MTS community seems to be mostly American... That means no summer Christmas, or winter in July. :/

Luckk 28th Nov 2011 2:48 PM

I might try this out. Would be a fun project to help me de-stress from school. I already have ideas in my head.

Riptide651 29th Nov 2011 6:38 AM

SO umm.. about how many people want in on this....

MarylenaSTAR 29th Nov 2011 8:24 PM

I'm so excited for this! I will deft be tryin this- can't wait till December 1st! I need to know if we can use cc or not!!

Ghost sdoj 29th Nov 2011 9:13 PM

All of my sims use the pointed ear sliders, and most of them have wings. I'm another one who is hoping to enter, but if I'm going to have to make actual human sims for it, I'm going to have to pass.

*Ariella and Damien conjure a log cabin in the Contests Forum and set out granola bars for everyone else who is camping out there with them.* ( Just be very careful not to sign anything Damien offers, even if he's "just asking for your autograph!" )

Riptide651 29th Nov 2011 10:47 PM

Riptide sets up inflatable modern pad in line at forums