Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:42 PM
mts2 is the first site i visit when i turn my comp, this is also by far the best the site for thesims2 out there!
Advertisement
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#27 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:46 PM
Hehe - I found the site accidentally while searching for something. I certainly didn't plan on getting involved with the Sims 2 community (I come from a very hardcore FPS lanning and competition background) - but MTS2 popped up on my search. I immediately liked its irreverant attitude and the fact it embodied what game modding is about - you do it for love, not for money Plus it had the word *Mod* in the name and heaven knows I love modding ANY game - I even modded special console backgrounds by request for Quake 3 and made skins for Q1, 2 and 3!

Anyway I signed up as member number 99, started sticking my nose in everyones business, was honoured to be asked to be a moderator, was flabbergasted when I was made an admin, took a break and came back as a mod again =) Back at the start there were only 2 admin, that is all. I was the second mod taken on. Imagine trying to run it like that now!

This site has always been the focus of discovering how to do things for TS2. The first thing I used was Delphy's Neighbourhood Camera hack =) The utter joy as Pescado fixed the many horrid Maxis errrr *features*. The utter joy when Phervers sent me a little package of 4 new floor tiles to test, the ecstasy of recolouring Maxis objects - and wondering why RGiles and Numenors heads didn't explode, Clean Pack Installer (I spent months manually updating the hack list as they were released - UGH) and SimPE changed my ocd affected life and gave me a great excuse to download as much crap as I could. Then meshes!! (I remember us cajoling Delphy in staffchat - *go oooooon work on that you won't regret it!) Remembering boblishmans first meshes and how making them recolour enabled was HARD! And always, always waiting for Numenors next best thing to make our buildings look fantastic - so excited I built a glass castle, had just jumped on to upload it and saw he had totally revised the the window walls and I had to redo EVERY wall panel with the new style windows =) I remember us discussing Daisyies, LyricLee and CynicalChick as mod additions in staff chat when things started to get a little out of control - I really wish I could take back my votes of yes!!! Mwahahha - I may not be on often atm but I *AM* still an utter bitch girls =)

But through it all there really has been one constant, amazingly dedicated, often grumpy, a few times threatening to quit person - and that is Delphy. He didn't sleep so that we could have a great community site. When I would see people whining about this and that and the site it made me want to poke their eyes out - then perhaps they would appreciate that yes, the site IS free, but it doesn't build and maintain itself so hey stfu yeah!

So really my birthday wishes go to Delphy - and if he is super lucky it will come with a hug against my great pair

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#28 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:48 PM
Oh man LR you forget I know where you live! Nice working with you too! psh
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:56 PM
Awwww *big squishy hugs to Loverat* Thank you (and all) for your kind words :D

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 6:28 PM
well done Delphy, for raising MTS2, and everyone for putting up with it (her? MTS2 I mean, not Delphy) for a whole 2 years!

**Breaks open the moo moo cabinet and grabs a glass** Here's to another two years!

NOTE: This is an early birthday toast, just incase I forget in May, with my birthday and everything =P

Support BOB and his lil' bro. Visit http://bigball.atspace.com for more info!

http://totalsims2.awardspace.com - For all your sims houses!

Visit my website - http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?...stevengodofevil. Don't forget to join!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 6:48 PM
Happy early Annie to MTS2! :D

I've been hooked to this site ever since I first joined.. Thanks to all you awesome people, especially Delphy, for making this place so great! :valentine

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:05 PM
woot mts2!!!!!!!!!!!!!fav web its my homepage
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:08 PM
Thank you sooo much for creating MTS2!! This is pretty much the only site I visit to download items, etc... i love it!!! HAPPY B-DAY MTS2
Instructor
#34 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:27 PM
Happy Birthday to my home away from home. I am almost more here. hehe Thanks for the memories, downloads, and friends that have come from this site!
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:57 PM
HAPPY ALMOST ANNIVERSARY!! This is honestly the best site around,full of VERY talented people. This is the very first site I come to on a daily basis cause I cannot wait to see what the newest creations are...I am addicted to this site!!! Thanks a bunch for all the downloads and hacks from the last 2 years and heres to many many more!

Life is too short to be mean or hateful...so...kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and FORGIVE QUICKLY!
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 8:50 PM
Hbd!
:baloons: YAY!
Happy Birthday MTS2!

.............................Tired Of Life..............................
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 9:03 PM
:baloons: Wow!! two years almost, how fast go's the time!
Wish MTS2 many anniversary's in the future, this site is so huge! its incredible that it grows so fast in a short time..wondering how many members you have over another year :insane:
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 9:12 PM
Congrads on 2 year anniversary of ModTheSims2.com. Delphy and staff. I dearly love this site. Wow, almost two years already! Guess time does fly when you are having fun. Thanks for all the fun guys.

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 10:02 PM
You've inspired me. I am going to try (and fail) at making something!

Sclumbly doo! Bannoodle visudlbre!
If you can translate, I will give you a cookie :)
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 11:31 PM
Congrats on the forth coming birthday :baloons: :clap: (was looking for a party smilie but cant see one ). Am pretty new to sims 2 but have used your site a lot since using a link to here for the CEP. Thank you and everyone else who have contributed their wonderful work, and time to this great sim2 site. Keep up the good work!!

<peers about> um.. as to making something <points up to the 'am pretty new to sims 2' mention> I wish! So far have only made a couple of walls and played with recolouring a skin. Only thing I can think of doing is creating a cute toddler.. or attempting to.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 12:00 AM
Happy 2nd Birthday MTS2!!! I'll post some new toddler outfits as soon as I can get them to upload.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 12:36 AM
Almost two years? I didn't know it was ony up for that long, but it's a cool site,

Um I don't know how to create clothing, items etc so I don't know if I can help much with the birthday toddlers.

Unless if you want me to make a toddler out of all the parts that I have downloaded 9Skintone, hait etc), but the clothes would have to be somethig I laready donwloaded or maxis clothes..
Forum Resident
#43 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:07 AM
Happy Birthday/Anniversury!
I've only been with this site for about a year, but I realized it was the best site ever only after 5 minutes! (Yep, it's that good!) I would just like to say thank you to everyone, especially Delphy, for starting up one of the best sites on the whole internet. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSURY, MTS2!!! :baloons: :baloons: :banana: :banana: :banana:

*goes out and buys a birthday cake and mails it to Delphy*
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:57 AM Last edited by DameSporkalot : 10th Apr 2006 at 3:05 AM.
Yay! Happy Birthday MTS2!!! Woohoo!!!

Honestly though? MTS2 is my favorite site, ever. I was really new to the whole fourums thing when I first found the site, but everyone here was totally sweet about anything I needed help with, and I caught on fairly quick. The way this site has grown since I first became a member is *amazing*, and I've met some people who I now consider close and dear friends thanks to this site. As stupid and cheesy as it sounds, I simply cannot imagine what my life would be like without MTS2 and it's wonderful staff and members.

I can still remember the first few times I went into the #adults channel... if I'd only known then what I know now... well... I'd still have come.

Cheers, Delphy, you gave birth to something beautiful. I know it's been hard, but it's been worth it too. You're doing great, and even if people get stupid and never say thank you, we all appreciate your hard work and dedication to this place. It really is like raising a child... only it's got about 300,000 different personalities that you have to cope with. But you're a good daddy, Delph, I promise.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 4:23 AM
Thank you all so, so much. I think I can remember a time before MTS2 - nope; can't. How many people are part of this now?

You realise that moderators are living legends? I work in a place full of kids who like to drop your names; oh, so casually. Maybe a lama invasion is also imminent.
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 5:36 AM
Woo! Go MTS2... my fav. download site!!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 7:02 AM
It's been that long already? How time flies! Happy anniversary in advance to MTS2!
I can't thank Delphy enough for making this place and all of the modders that create all this awesome stuff.

Managing Managers' Managers is a long alliteration.

Sim 1: "We're 3D! Wow!"
Sim 2: "I sort of miss the old days... When we'd kiss, we just might have made a child, and we'd have to pay ยง20 to play around in bed."
Field Researcher
#48 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 8:05 AM
Happy early birthday, MTS2! :baloons:

This is a great site, and keep up the great work.

Since my birthday is the day before MTS2's, I'll be more than happy to share my cake, balloons and prezzies with the site. :p

If you'd like to what else I've made, please click here and here.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 8:06 AM
windgirl, wow they do? That's kind of funny since I doubt anybody here where I live knows who I am. :D

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 8:40 AM
*sings* Happy Birthday to MTS2!!!! This is the best sims2 site I've been to... wow... 2, that's amazing! *sighs* it seems just like yesterday I joined... well actually a week ago... but still.... I love this site...
Page 2 of 4