Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:07 PM
Petchy, ohh thats good. Is that a chocolate hippo in a bukkit? :D

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:58 AM
I donated but,I didn't put in my login info didn't see that part until I hit pay...but,,,I donated..thanks to all the great creators!!!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:48 AM
All good things must come to an end at one point or another. Sadly, MTS2 will also reach its end. The Sims 2 game is reaching the end of its expansion packs. Eventually the Sims 3 will take over and we will forget about the Sims 2, like we did with the Sims one, hopefully not too soon though. I can only hope that there is a similar site for the Sims 3. MTS2 is the only site, in my opinion, that combined game content, support and the best collection of creators. All ran on donations! Anyone can join and anyone can create. The perfect site for the Sims 2. Don't get me wrong, this site still has PLENTY of potential in 2008. It just disappoints me, as it does to all of us, that it will eventually be no more.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 4:11 AM
Oh my gosh. So are you saying that MTS2 is going to dissapear? And here I'm only just now getting good at creating!
There are absolutely NO sites that are as good as Mts2! All of the items here are fantastic, and there are so, so many that I just can't do without. As Autie said, it's definately the PERFECT site.

I would donate, I really would, but I'm certain that my parents won't let me. They don't like using Paypal on anything other than eBay...it also makes me sad that I haven't been able to download as much as I've wanted to because my internet is dialup! So much to download...so little time!

How soon are you expecting Modthesims2 to wane?

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 10:17 AM
I'd estimate the site has at least another year of life in it, perhaps a little more.

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I'd estimate the site has at least another year of life in it, perhaps a little more.

Also if you are worried about it, download it now, then back it up to disks or external hard drives. I have 2 external hard drives. One has 250GB and the other has 500GB, not that downloading what you want, would take up that much.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 5:23 PM
How much has been raised in donations so far? How much more do you need? I donated once, but I will donate again if necessary. Could you put something up that shows the goal and how close you're getting? Seems to me that in the past, there was a way to find out, or am I thinking of a different sims website? I just know that people are worrying and I'd feel better if I could see if MTS2 is even close to what it needs. :-)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsane
How much has been raised in donations so far? How much more do you need? I donated once, but I will donate again if necessary. Could you put something up that shows the goal and how close you're getting? Seems to me that in the past, there was a way to find out, or am I thinking of a different sims website? I just know that people are worrying and I'd feel better if I could see if MTS2 is even close to what it needs. :-)

Its at the top of the site, in a big blue box, as of right now its got 2362 of a target of 3887
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 5:26 PM
I just made a donation because I know this is the Best Site Ever! Thanks Everyone!

(Thanks for throwing me the Line when I lost sight of it, your the only reason I can exhale)
LMP
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah
Its at the top of the site, in a big blue box, as of right now its got 2362 of a target of 3887

There is also an image at the bottom of the first post...

Scholar
#61 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 5:56 PM
Yes and the bar is progressing ! 62 % now ? Great !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#62 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:08 PM
I gotta insist that the hippo/bukkit picture be copied to the OP. You claim that the thread features a hippo in a bukkit, yet the image does not even appear on the first page. This is misleading and deeply disappointing. If we can not trust you with our hippos, how can we be expected to trust you with our bukkits?

RG

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#63 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:28 PM
Well, since you asked nicely... (and it's you! Hi!)... I shall do that. :D

Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#64 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:44 PM
Is that..?? No! Halp! I'm caught in the MTS2 Wayback Machine!

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Theorist
#65 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
I'm caught in the MTS2 Wayback Machine!

Me Three!

Urp the past!

Delphy: Yes, You can't beat it! I wish I had a heated hot-tub Buckkt...

Still waiting for the turtles (and/or sheep)

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#66 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:55 PM
Damnit, now I feel like a staff newblet again.... .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#67 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Damnit, now I feel like a staff newblet again.... .

Not at all. I'm an ancient. I haven't simmed since before Nightlife was released.
/me waves to CC

Thank you Delphy and Petchy for restoring my faith in your bukkits.

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
Theorist
#68 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:15 PM
Its only natural, You get one look at a hippo in a situation lik that an you suddenly get a
'OH MY! I SOOOO WANNA BE THAT HIPPO!'
feeling...

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#69 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Not at all. I'm an ancient. I haven't simmed since before Nightlife was released.
/me waves to CC

Thank you Delphy and Petchy for restoring my faith in your bukkits.

Wow, blast from the past! You've got a lot of catching up to do then. :D

DDO
Theorist
#70 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 8:04 PM
THIS IS A PERFECT TIME TO INTRODUCE MY IDEA!

Why not add the history of 'The sims 2' onto the wikki??

There's already a page for histroy, why not add a bitta that?

IE: dates, EPs, SPs, People going from the community, Mesh tool, the big 'Switchover' ie. Maxis goes EA way, etc
This info isn't open to the public, Heck, I don't know a 6th of it! I joined in 2006, this site has been going since 2004! and for lots of '06 I was a 'D/L, Get memory pen, upload, Go upstairs,' rince wash repeat! And then we got wireless...

All the achivements and all the losses! WE WANT TO KNOW!

And yea thats my idea!

And If anyone can tell me where such information is already avalable, Pease PM me.

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
The ModFather
retired moderator
#71 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 8:16 PM
*Numenor faints*

(after few minutes)

*Numenor recovers*

RGiles?? It's SOOOOO nice to see you online again! :D
Now finally the young creators will know WHO they have been crediting for so long for the CEP (and many other things)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Vixenia : 10th Jan 2008 at 8:58 PM. Reason: typos :P
would luv to donate but christmas funds went on simcity 4. which i had to re-install my computer and lose all my hard work just to get it to work. Evil hackers/virus makers... Anyways hope you have fun in your retirement and maybe (just maybe) if he/she/it creator of sims2graveyard could upload some famous (and some infamous but fabby) creations to he/she/it's server when eventually hopefully in many years time when mts2 waves bye bye we can still get faves stuff! the shame! hope u have a VERY long goodbye
ALL HAIL KING DELPHY LORD OF OWNING A SITE WHERE BAD CREATORS CAN LEARN THE TRADE AND PEOPLE CAN UPLOAD THEIR CREATIONS WITHOUT DIFFICULTY AND HAVING TO SUFFER FREE STUFF COMMENTS i wished tsr would die before mts2...
Forum Resident
#73 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 9:11 PM
It's payday so I'm in for 50, brothers and sisters. It's the least I can do to keep the site alive. I've enjoyed MTS2 for a long time and been a regular contributor for a while. I'd rather spend it that money on the site and know what I'm getting than on a PC game and risk not getting my money's worth. I've bought 2 PC games since November, EA's disappointing Simcity sequel, and the crapfest called The Witcher (note: NOT Vista compatible) I really enjoy sharing my creations and being able to see other people's creations, too. So until MTS2's far-off but iminent demise, I'm in.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 9:30 PM
First of all: millions of big thanks to all of those enthusiastic people, who made a donation!!!!!

And now something for completely... laugh like a horse:
Maybe it'a a kind of my idiocy or I have a stupid credit card (with a silly bank account as well). I try to contact my bank first and ask someone if I have a possibility to make a donation. On the other hand, I am not sure that as a non-dolar country, I am able to send money to this wonderfull page. Probably, you will have no idea what to do with 200 Czech Crowns :-D ...and the meanless think that one PayPal transaction will cost me more than you want <lol>
The ModFather
retired moderator
#75 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 10:18 PM
As far as I know, PayPal does everything without requiring anything on your side: you specify an amount in your currency, and that exact amount is taken from your account. Any possible transaction fee is paid by the recipient (MTS2).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 3 of 6