Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#26 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 2:34 PM
Secun687 - There is a Univeristy Prima Guide but it's bundled w/ the Original Prima Guide. I have it. Bought it at Game Stop.

Saleana - You will find the build mode cheats in the Build Mode section, in a sticky by Whitefolks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:22 PM
Default Get Fresh Hot Help Here
Yes I herd the University is nice. I will be checking it out tommorow, when I buy it. :bump:
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:29 PM
Default Get Fresh Hot Help Here
Saleana- I have the original Prima Official Game Guide, even thou I was hesitating before I actually decided to buy it like about 2 months ago. So now I know the purchase was not in vain. Thanks alot for your answere, becuase I still referr back to the book for minor issues concerning the game.
Although I must add, I wish they would of added more info on the bodyshop.
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:55 PM
thanks daysies))
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:37 PM
This thread says that there is a comprehensive list of what works and doesn't work in University. So far I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone please tell me if the power expresso hack still works, and if not, where can I find an updated version?

I haven't got the EP yet, but am planning on getting it soon.

Momthing
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:47 PM
Please disregard this post. I found the information I was looking for in another thread. Thanks!

Momthing
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 8:13 PM
Thanks for the info:
Thanks for the info in this thread!!

I have been reading this forum and it helped me alot. I removed everything in my game before installing university and it didnt take me very long to install the game. Now, I just have to figure out where to put the downloads, which I asked in another forum!!

I'd also like to add, by donating to this site to keep it running, is a very good investment. I hope everyone helps out and donates at least something so this site will always be here!!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Guys, if you want help PLEASE post in the Tech Support Forum. The reason you aren't getting answers is because this is just a COMMENT thread for a news post =P C'mon - get serious if you want answers.

Perhaps the title "University : Get Fresh Hot Help Here!! " should be changed?
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secun687
Oh but I do have one small question thou that probably would be appropriate for this thread....Do anyone know if they made a Prima Official Game Guide book #2 for the University :confused:

Yes, they made a guide, it encompasses both the Sims 2 & Uni now, unsure of what it costs (probably around $20) but I saw it at CompUSA one day - less than 1/5 of the book was devoted to Uni - but it covers the basic necessities for the EP. If you want to save a few bucks, try Amazon or Ebay, they usually sell cheaper and sometimes used.

Hope this helps :howdy:
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 3:03 PM
Question about installed files in dodwnloads
When I first installed UNI I had removed the downloads folder and it was recreated by the install. There were quite a few files in the folder at the time. Since then I have been trying to put some of my old stuff back in but I must have messed up somewhere because it crashed the game. Soooo I re-removed the folder and restarted the game (works fine) but I can't remember what files were installed with the EP?! Does anyone have a list of the filenames that went in the downloads folder with the UNI install? I'm desperate here. Hope I'm not repeating someone elses question.

Huntress :weep:
Instructor
#36 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 4:05 PM
hey, are we supposed to remove the downloads, or just make a back-up??? :argh:
Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 4:10 PM
After spending the last week fixing everything for this game to work, I strongly recommend that you remove all your downloads from the game before you install Uni...then, if you know they are EP ready you can put them back in...but run them thru SimPe's Batch Converter first just to be sure. Also, be sure to check out Daysies thread at http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692 (the link is in the first post of this thread) You'll find all the info you need to make this as painless as possible.
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 6:19 PM
okay, I have lost my dvd for the sims 2, I have the gaming disk. I went to downnload the new EP and I can't without the dvd.....I know you would think it would be easy to find, but you havn't seen my room! (at least its in the case) Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass this step in the lodding?
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 6:21 PM
help please
okay, I have lost my dvd for the sims 2, I have the gaming disk. I went to downnload the new EP and I can't without the dvd.....I know you would think it would be easy to find, but you havn't seen my room! (at least its in the case) Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass this step in the lodding? Now that I have started to download the EP I can't play my origional game, someone please help me
Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 12:32 AM
As far as I know there is no way to play without the DVD. I know how frustrating this is and I'm certainly not an expert here. My hubby is on his way home and may be able to help some but is stuck in traffic from hell so I don't know how fast this will be. BUT>>>>I do know that we have tried in the past to bypass the DVD for my daughter to play after installing it and it is protected so it won't work without it, unless something has changed with the latest EP (I kinda doubt it) As a mother of 3 teenage daughters living in rooms that look like they have recently been bombed...I suggest you try to make a search for this in a methodical manner...start at one end of the room and work your way around. Also....take some time to sit and think about where you last saw it and walk yourself thru the steps of what you did then, and what you did after that...and on like that very methodically and follow your footsteps to see if you can find it. Sounds funny but I have spent the last 19 years looking for SOMEthing for someone here and have developed a very successful way to find things this way.

Good luck!
#41 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 4:46 PM
hey wots da sims2 university expansion pack's like???!!! i NEED 2 kno! o, is there ne bad fings bout it??? i hvnt got it yet u c... lol but i'll get it asap!!!!!!!!! LOL :D
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 5:44 PM
Hey people -

I didn't find anything concerning this. Here's the problem:

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours installing Universtiy (making sure I didn't have any hacks, updating all the new objects etc.) I followed step by step all the isntructions that were given in LJ-thesims2 and ModtheSims2.

I started playing and everything worked just fine, till I noticed that all my costum make up (except the one I created myself and that is located in the SavedSims folder) and the costum eye colours are gone. They won't show up in the game and bodyshop - although I transferred all the files into the Downloads folder.

Has anyone heard of similar problems / experienced that? My furniture seems to work, also my custom clothes etc are still showing up.

As I said, my self-created stuff is showing up, so I tried to move some of the eye-colours and make up from my Downloads folder into my SavedSims folder, but that didn't make any difference. Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, someone over at LJ has the same thing happening.

Help is highly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 9:24 PM
I have a question. I don't know if this is a tech question, but I installed uni and it worked fine, except for the fact that I get the spawn option by clicking on a sim instead of the uni option.
I know this is a hack related problem, so I deleted all the hacks that were not compatible with the EP (I got some EP ready ones here) and scanned my downloads folder. All those I deleted too. In the game I deleted all the recoulered objects that were flashing blue.
Now everything should be working fine. I reinstalled uni but it still comes up. Is there a specific hack or file that could cause this to happen?

I'm really annoyed by it.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#44 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 10:17 PM
Hey folks - This thread is for announcements only and comments on the announcement. I see a few tech support related and chit chat related posts here. Your posts are going to go unnoticed. Please post your concerns in the correct forums.
Faster kill pussycat
#45 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:36 AM
ok I just need to know what I am donig I did not pick a University when I firts starter the new game. So now that I am ready to put some kids in the University
I can seem to fig out how to get to it?? Help
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:58 AM
I really need help here. I got university last night. Everything works fine except when you load a lot with sims or any live action part of the game. Parts with just buy & build work but live doesn't. Please help.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nova-storm
ok I just need to know what I am donig I did not pick a University when I firts starter the new game. So now that I am ready to put some kids in the University
I can seem to fig out how to get to it?? Help

Look up in the upper left corner of the window in the neighborhood view. There should be an icon to take you to University.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:57 PM
OK where did the tech support go. I posted the same reply there as I did here and now the forum is gone. It's normally the one under the chit chat forum, but now it's not there and I really need help. Like I said in my previous post I have the spawn problem and it seems to be in the custom content stuff, but there is no way of figuring out wich one except for checking them one at a time. But seeing I have like 2000 of them that is not something I intent to do. Nore is deleting all my stuff casue I love it all. I'm really getting frustrated cause I had uni since wednesday and I haven't been able to really play it yet. PLease, please help me.
#49 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 7:16 PM
my university doesn't work even after i got rid of all my hacks and uninstalled and reinstalled, help! i can get into the game and do stuff in buy mode but i can't play the clock in the left hand corner of the screen just doesn't start! i really need you help i have dieing to play and can't!
Test Subject
#50 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 7:32 PM
does anybody know how the cheat changeLotZoning [residential | community | greek | dorm | secretsociety] work cause i realy wanna make my house a sorority

thanz
Locked thread
Page 2 of 3