Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 2:46 PM
Oh this is very nice, so clean and tidy. Frankly, I did not care for that chatbox. It just seemed to give the site a less than professional feel with mostly silly chatter going on. (granted silly chatter can be good, but not for the homepage of a site this popular)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:30 PM Last edited by blubug : 8th Mar 2005 at 4:00 PM. Reason: just realized!
Quote: Originally posted by Gnostic Dreamer
I like the new look!!! It is so clean...and yeah, it was a bit of a surprise, but a good one. My only thing is that when I scrolled over the topics, it used to show the first entry of a thread.

Thanx.

Oh dear now I have to wait for a window to open before I know what the thread is about! Usually the threads aren't too informative, they're like the first few words of a sentence that could go either way... Oh well I loved that feature the best but if it does clutter something, or causes slower load time for anyone I can't really complain too much (sniff)
Other than that, I used the who's online very frequently too but I'm happy to see it's still partially there (on another page) - No complaint whatsoever with that one

Anyway thanks for having a great site and keeping it great!!!

**EDIT**

I just went into the object forums now and I see that the first feature I was talking about is still there!!!! Is it just disabled on the homepage? Oh please say it is delphy, it would make me the happiest forum browser in the world!!!!!!!!! (I feel kind of chirpy since I came into the forum, I had a terrible day and I feel so happy just being here, helps me take my mind off things...)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Delphy : 8th Mar 2005 at 5:08 PM.
blubug,

On the advice of a couple of the mods, I've re-enabled the preview on the latest forum posts.
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:18 PM
:howdy: I absolutely, positively, love it. better navigation and I like the clean new look, less clutter, less is best.

Its not what you have in your pocket but what you have in your heart that counts, p.s. only a broke person would say this, lol.
Instructor
#30 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:29 PM
Love the LESS cluttered look! :D

"S"
V^^^^V
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:45 PM
Quick, efficient, easily manuverable,.....brilliant. Well done and highly appreciated! Especially the death of the chatbox...
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:51 PM
The front website gets wonky if you make the window smaller while browsing.

http://x3.putfile.com/3/6611500855.jpg

Also, the site news/poll split looks wierd to me. The split just doesn't feel right. Maybe the poll could go on the left side where the chatbox use to be? Just my two cents. If you do leave it where it is, spllitting the row 1/2 with announcements and 1/2 with poll (right now it's about 2/3 and 2/3) it might not look so odd.

Otherwise, great job! Love the new site. It's running *so* much better for me too!!

Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 6:08 PM
*mourns the death of the chatbox* poor elven isn't going to like this...(she can't use the live chat b/c her dad has it blocked...)... :err:
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 6:11 PM
Can't she just use Aim or something then?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 6:18 PM
the people (other than me) that used the chatbox with her used MSN, and she can't get it. So the chatbox was her way of talking with them, unless they get aim..lol
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 6:36 PM
Looks good, I like the latest downloads section there
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Delphy : 8th Mar 2005 at 7:25 PM.
Fro99ie,

The IRC server runs on port 80 as well, so it negates any firewalls.

See the "How do I use the Live Chat" link thread for more info.
Faster kill pussycat
#38 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:36 PM
wow Delpy it look even better than last night! Have you even slept yet!
you were still here last night at 4 Pacific time. Ijust got up and It is 11:38. I still want to sleep! You rock!

Nova

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 8:02 PM
I don't blame you for getting rid of the chatbox. People would just ask questions that could have been found by using the FAQ or doing a search. This loaded much faster for me too. Nice work
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Fro99ie,

ok, i'll tell her

"I'm offended by your attempts to not offend me"
"Anatidaephobia: The fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you."
"Where in the rhyme does it say Humpty Dumpty was an egg?"
♥Robyn♥
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 8:57 PM
Much Much nicer
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Eriksrocks : 8th Mar 2005 at 9:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Fro99ie,

Quote: Originally posted by Fro99ie123
ok, i'll tell her

Yes it runs on port 80, but that still doesn't mean that you can't block it without blocking anything else. You can setup your firewall to block any ingoing/outgoing traffic on an IP or web address so then you could block irc.modthesims2.com, and still use the rest of the internet. (OK that was a little off topic.... :D)

As I commented yesterday, I am kind of dissapointed that it was changed (I liked the old template ), but it still looks good. One thing that I would like to see improved is the Site News & Announcments and the Poll thing look kinda weird (I think someone said it earlier). You should show the first Site News & Announcements post, and then put the second one in list form (like you have it right now) below that. As for the little Poll thing, since the page would be bigger, I would put the poll over in the left column, like maybe were the chatbox used to be. I think that would make it look a lot better.

EDIT: Noticed you changed the link color (except not in the quote). I like it. (Once I get used to it.... :p)

Want the best browser?!?! Get Firefox.

- FIREFOX -

- The safest, fastest, best browser out there -

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 9:46 PM
Delphy I just got here and saw the front page previews were working!! So I headed straight here Thank you you are the greatest, I love the new layout, I never even looked at the chatbox anyway, so I don't miss it at all! Hooray to all the Moderators at MTS2! (Gosh I'm very chirpy here :D)
Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:00 PM
Absolutely AWESOME!! i love the new Layout!!
*claps for all the MTS2 staff*
Good Job guys and Gals!!

-Tone
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:56 PM
you Guys NEVER seize to amaze me!
Thank you!
I love it!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 12:02 AM
Delphy, This place looks amazing, so clean and fresh! You really have been spring cleaning ROFL!
Anyhow just a quick question, I dont seem to be able to edit my posts anymore, is this option now gone, or is it just me?
Annie -x-
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#47 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 12:21 AM
Great job guys, straight and to the point now. I like it much better.
Merry Schizoid
#48 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 1:23 AM
Love the new look. Load times are nearly instant, now. Big improvement in that aspect. Great work! This site just keeps getting better and better.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 7:54 AM
I love the streamlined look. Great improvement on a great site!

Whenever cannibals are on the brink of starvation, Heaven, in its infinite mercy, sends them a nice plump missionary..........Oscar Wilde
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 9:00 AM
Just so everybody knows, the front page is NOT the only change we are going to do it's just the most visible at the moment

We have big plans for the download areas as well as restructuring the forums themselves.

Aine, no, you do have the capability but the webserver process that hosts images.modthesims2.com keeps dying.

Eriks, you are right - you can block irc.modthesims2.com specifically too - but it's worth a try

Also, we wanted to keep the front page *vertically* quite short. Right now you hardly have to do any scrolling to get to anything, and it's all there and easily accessable.

Regards
Delphy
Page 2 of 3