This tutorial will explain how to recolor a clothing package using SimPE.
What you will need
- A graphic editor that can handle 32-bit PNG files. These are files that use four bytes for each pixel: three of them are the familiar RGB, and the fourth is the Alpha
Why do we need this?
We don't; Bodyshop does the same thing.
- this method allows you to chose the package by name, instead of the time-consuming method of running Bodyshop and searching the file by name
- this method modifies an existing file, and the modification is applicable to Sims that already use the clothes
- If you are playing, close the Sims 2 game
- Backup the package you want to change
- Start SimPE
- Select the Open option, and chose the clothing package by name
- Go to the images directory of the package
- Select the image you want to edit and export it
- This will create a PNG file. The name is something like ##0x5f20a6c7!body~stdMatBaseTextureName_txtr_1024x1024.png
- Edit the PNG file using an external application, modify it and save it
- Verify if the PNG file wasn't corrupted: one way is to check in its "properties" to see if it's still a 32-bit PNG
- You didn't close SimPE, so you are still in the "export image" option. Now use the "import" option and replace it
- Save the package
- Restart the Sims 2 game and check if the modification was ok
- If anything went wrong, recover the backup and try Bodyshop