|Sims 3 Game Help Categories:|
|MTS Help Q&A Forums|
Photography is a skill career, so your sims can register as a Self-Employed photographers, earning special rewards for selling their work.
The most important part of photography is a good quality camera! Better cameras mean getting your skill up faster, so use your money wisely when buying your camera. There are 3 different cameras to choose from:
- Snaptastic Filmsy-Cam (ยง250) - The cheapest of the 3 cameras and the worst one if you want to get your skill up. It can only take small photos.
- ChannonTek Outlaw SE (ยง850)- The average camera of the 3. This camera is good for beginners and can take small photos and medium landscapes. (Only available in Egypt)
- Hikon QX40di Gladiator (ยง3,250)- The most expensive and the best camera of the 3. It can take all type of photos in really high quality. It is probably worth saving up for this as it's very good quality. (Only available in Egypt)
To start learning the skill, one of the easiest ways to do this is start taking pictures. Just press shift-c with a camera in your inventory to take a picture. If you want a good start in photography then buy a photography book at the Al Simhara bookshop. Read the book until at least level 3 before taking more pictures.
Your camera has many different modes so your pictures can be more interesting and fun. The better the modes and filters, the more money you can make from photos.
- Small Portrait: This is the default setting at level 1. The size is the lowest grade photo available.
- Medium Landscape: The next step up from a Small Portrait. Takes bigger, more high quality shots.
- Large Portrait: The second best size used usually for basic shots.
- Panorama: After reaching level 10 your sim can use Panorama mode. This is the biggest, most high quality size and can take brilliant photos!
- Colour: The default setting for taking normal photos.
- Black and White: Used for black and white photos after reaching level 2.
- Sepiatone: A sepia tone for your pictures after reaching level 4.
- Classic Vignette: The best picture filter available after reaching level 9.
There are several photography challenges your sim can complete to unlock rewards for that skill.
- Photog: Capture 75 different subjects to increase the base value of your photographs
- Architectural Eye: Capture 10 Unique Landmarks to increase the value of all photographs featuring Landmarks.
- Human Form Expert: After capturing 50 unique Sims, Human Form Experts can increase their relationship with Sims they already know by photographing them.
- Paparazzi: Capture 60 different strangers and your photographs of unknown Sims will be worth more.
- Shutternut: Complete 5 different photo collections and taking pictures will be free of charge.
There are several collections your sim can complete by taking a picture of each item in the collection. Certain levels will unlock some of the collections, but you can unlock them at any time by taking a picture from one of them.
Note: The In-Game Description is what the caption says when you hover over the item name in the Photography skills journal. The Tips given show items that are known to satisfy a particular photo. These are not necessarily exclusive; many more items may be used, these are just the ones that have been confirmed.
Architecture and Buildings
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips City Hall A French Market Town Theatre General Hospital Mausoleum Sports Stadium Academy The Market Chinese Garden Nectary Bookstore
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Child Being Carried Pizza Delivery Mail Carrier Political Demonstration A Group of Sims Lovers at Night Police Officer Firefighter Babysitter A Sim in the area Kid Playing with Toybox Kid Playing with Oven A Sim Cooking Repairman on the Job A Sim Gardening Someone Painting A Sim using the Computer A Chessmatch Remedy for a Hot day Two's Company Maid at Work Four Sims Eating A Sim Fishing Photo of Photographer Three's a Crowd
Home Sweet Home
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Outdoor Stuff Any two outdoor activity items Furniture Two pieces of furniture Kitchen Kitsch Toys & Hobbies A Nice Garden Three plants Baby Stuff Any two baby items Something Yummy Home Decor Cute Teddy Bear A Toilet Gadgets Galore Phone and video game system on a table A Party! A couple of party objects Bathroom Stuff
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Candles Television Video Game System A Couch Objects Box of Tissue Wish-You Tissues Nectar and Food Garden Decorations Shocking PInk Flamingo - 2nd Edition Flowers Blossoming Sunflower Vase Tombstone
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Places in Town Any two places of interest The Beach The Park The Bistro Grocery Store The Spa Diner Picnic Bicycle Car Gym School Police Car
Family and Friends
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips My Friend My Spouse Two of My Friends Housemate Three of My Friends Ghostly Family My Child Family Member My Main Squeeze My Gradnchild
Plants and Flowers
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Renoit Grape Vine Apple Tree Cherimola Blan Grape Vine Lettuce Plant Onion Plant Tomato Plant Cranerlet Nuala Grape Vine Pomegranate Tree Plum Tree Avornalino Grape Vine Meloire Grape Vine Gralladina Fran Grape Vine Watermelon Vine A Life Plant Flame Plant A Lime Tree Bell Pepper Plant Potato Vine Hydrangea White Rose Red Rose Garlic Plant Death Flower Bush Sun Flower
Oh the Calamity!
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips One Sick Sim Slap Fight Soaked to the bone Oh no! Snake! The Repoman A Social Worker A Thief! A Fight A Singed Sim
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips China Statue Set Green Dragon, Snake of Simhara, Wandering Tiger of Baroo Zodiac Animals Luminorious Gem Pink Diamond Opan White Diamond Tiberium Egyptian Statue Set Seth of the Desert, Statue of the Cobra, Horus of the Sky, Sultan of the Sphinx Dangerous Creatures Statue Set Statue of Ammit, Statue of Anubis, Fudog, Fearless Gargoyle Dropa Stone Set Mercury Vial Canopic Jar Set Geode Gold Quartz Space Rock Copper Mummitonium Rainbow Gem Magic Gnome Topaz Iron Silver
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips A Pyramid Shower in a Can Pushable Statue Snake Charmer Relic Pile of Ancient Coins Pile of Rubble Floor Trap The Great Sphinx Lovers in China Treasure Chest Giant Boulder The kind you have to destroy Floor Switch Lovers in France Sarcophagus Lovers in Egypt Soulpeace Statue Found inside the Sphinx Abu Simbel Torch of Anubis Dragon Cave
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Mummy Having a Snack A Ghostly Problem A Mummy A Ghost My Dead Enemy Doubly Dead Take a picture of a ghost mummy Death on Vacation My Dead Spouse Simply Death A Serious Ghost Problem Wandering Ghost Too Many Ghosts It's Haunted
Best in Class
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Limo A Money Tree Supercop Omniplant A Top Chef Military Bigwig Master Criminal Superstar Expensive Stereo Nectar Rack Luxury car Chief Lifesaver Diplomat Extraordinaire Fancy Tent
Sims in Motion
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Honing Body and Mind Refreshing Swim Sims Dancing Making Nectar Playing Catch Pushing Statue Sims Sparring Board Breaker Get a Room! Pleading to Sphinx Running Sim Making the Bed Great Tunes Dumpster Diving Solo Dancer Fighting Flab
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Sculpture Garden A Makeover Eccentric Collection Fire in the Hole! Top Brass Getting a Tattoo Big Air Tools of the Trade Bake Sale A Fire Engine
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips A Celibity Sighting! A Hotspot A Mixologist Dancing Fools! Rocking Out Skinnydipping A Vampire Food Truck Bar Games Cocktails
Photo Name In-Game Description Tips Graduation Party Sims Caught! Pillow Fight For Science! Backyard fun Imaginary Friend Sleepover Fun Party Dancers A Wedding
|Sims 3 Game Help Categories:|
|MTS Help Q&A Forums|