PDA

View Full Version : Creating patterns from terrain paint

Selene_Ravenwind
12th Aug 2012, 4:17 AM
Is this possible and if so, are there any tutorials? I'd like to make patterns for floor tiles out of all the EA terrain paints but I haven't made anything since Sims 2 so I'm not really sure how it works.
The incomplete room moodlet I get in rooms that have terrain paint instead of a proper floor are driving me crazy but none of the floor patterns match the terrain paints.
Thanks~

BeatlesGeorgeH
3rd Oct 2012, 2:43 AM
You should copy the texture from the terrain paint and make a new pattern. Then you can apply the pattern to the floor tile in your game. To copy the texture, open s3oc and select cloning > terrain paints, then find the one you want and copy the texture. Then make a new pattern and give it the texture you copied from the terrain paint in s3oc. I hope this isn't too difficult to understand. :) To learn how to make patterns, view the "Patterns" forum.

chasmchronicle
7th Oct 2012, 4:37 PM
I know this topic is old, but I am going to go ahead and answer it anyway. Yes, there are tutorials on creating patterns for TS3 :) You can find them here: TS3 Pattern Tutorials (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:TS3_Patterns). Then from there, you can try what BeatlesGeorgeH suggested.