MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
*Recolourable* Ford Mustang GT
by Numenor Posted 15th Apr 2007 at 10:12 PM
2,773 Thanks Thanks 126 Favourited
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
IMPORTANT: GAME COMPATIBILITY
- If you have NIGHTLIFE (and optionally any other EP): you just need to download the package attached below.
- If you don't have Nightlife, but you have a newer EP (from OFB to SSN): you must download the package below *plus* the additional "Car Kit" available at the Exchange (LINK).
- If you have only the base game (optionally with UNI): this car won't work for you.
ORIGINAL MAXIS Vs. THIS IMPROVED VERSION
(Click on the thumb to see larger animated screenshots)
- This Mustang is recolourable (exterior and interior, separately)
- The recolours are visible in Neighborhood View, too
- The original Maxis car has a bug with the front light (see screenshot) that appears if you DON'T have Pets (the original lights use a texture from Pets). This bug is FIXED in this version.
Download the mesh, and optionally the recolours, attached to this post; unpack the files to your Downloads folder. If needed, download also the additional "Car Kit" from the Exchange (it's a Sims2pack) and install it as usual.
NOTE: This recolourable version of the Mustang has the same filename and the same GUIDs as the original one, so that it will overwrite the Maxis one, if you already have installed it.
IN GAME USAGE
You don't need me to explain how to use a car
DO NOT CLONE - DO NOT REPOST ANYWHERE (not even in lots): if needed, include the Maxis car in your lots, and suggest your downloaders to install this modified version separately.
RECOLOURS ALLOWED: you can post your recolours anywhere, but don't include the mes; provide a link to this thread, instead.
CREDITS and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Credits to Maxis for the original Mustang: it's a great car! Credits to Numenor (that's me ) for enabling the colour option, creating the black and yellow recolours, and fixing the bug of the front lights. Oh! And for the fantastic animated screenshots, too!
Ask Maxis The mesh is theirs, not mine
This download has custom installation instructions!
In addition to the normal installation instructions, this download also has a custom instruction, as follows:
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|Recolourable_FordMustangGT_mesh.rar||579.7 KB||53,756||15th Apr 2007|
|Recolourable_FordMustangGT_Recolour_Black.rar||78.9 KB||42,492||15th Apr 2007|
|Recolourable_FordMustangGT_Recolour_Yellow.rar||86.4 KB||32,067||15th Apr 2007|
There are 8 recolours of this mesh on MTS:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by Numenor.
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
112 Comments / replies (Who?)