This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
I have created a whole set of CAS face replacement templates.
What is a face template?
There are 27 face templates in the game. When you create a new Sim you can choose from precast faces. I have created 27 new ones which overwrite the old ones.
Why use face replacement templates?
Maybe you have created a new realistic and beautyfull sim and notice that the other ages of the sim look terrible. With theese new face templates this won_t happen. Or do you hate the ugly townies in your Sim town? With theese templates all new generated Sim will use them and won't be ugly anymore.
Features of my templates
- I have created 27 faces.
- Every face has adapted 8 stages: toddler, child, teenager female, teenager male, adult female, adult male, elder female, elder male.
- My templates aren't according to the original Maxis faces. But I've tried to make diffrent ones. Some with longer noses, wider chins, slitted eyes, and so on.
- I have tried to make realistic faces.
- I have created 3 elfish faces: Nr. 24, 26 and 27. 24 is a LOTR-like elf, 26 a pixie-like elf and 27 is a asian-like elf.
- Facefile 25 and 21 are only for adults. It's Maxis fault. We can't do anything against this.
How to install them
- Download all 3 files below the thread. Extract them with WinRAR
and put them into your downloads folder. (My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Downloads)
- Delete following files: "My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/cigen.package"
and "My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package"
. The game will generate new ones, if you restart it. Theese files are the little preview images of the faces. You should delete the old files, to see the correct thumbnails of the new faces.
- You don't have to use all 27 faces. You can use only some of them. Just remove the folder of the face you don't like.
How to deinstall them
- Just remove them from your downloads folder.
(You should also delete cigen.package and CASThumbnails.package to get the correct preview images.)
Effect on your game
- The face templates will not effect existing sims. So it won't change existing townies too.
- All new created townies and Sims will be based on the face templates
- If you delete my face templates, Sims which are created with my faces won't change their appearance.
- The best effect you will have, if you create a complete new neighbourhood.
Other face templates
- First create a new neighboorhood
- Type Shift+CTRL+C and use the cheat "deleteAllCharacters" to delete all standard Sims which comes with the neighbourhood. (Theese standard Sims won't use the new face templates).
- Then create your first family and let it move in. Activate the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true".
- Hold shift and click on the mailbox. Choose "Debug- Generate New NPCs." (If you have Seasons Choose More>Neighbourhood>Debug-Generate New NPCs) The game will generate 30 new NPCs. You can do this a few times to create more NPCs.
- After this you can use the option "Debug- Generate New Townies". 30 Townies will be generated. Do this 1-3 times. Deactivate the testingcheats Cheat again: "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false".
If you don't like my new faces, there are diffrent other face templates out there:
- AmberDiceless' faces
- Terrakosmos' faces
- DocDoofus' faces
- AllenABQ's faces
- Sarakadie's faces
- Selzi's faces
- Nailati's faces
Want to create your own face templates?
- Motoki's tutorial for making CAS face replacements
- German translation of Motoki's tutorial by me
- AllenABQ's base faces
Pictures of my new face replacement templates
All 27 faces - stage: adult female
Example of all 8 stages: face template 04
The elfish faces 24 (LOTR-like) and 26 (pixie-like) - front view adult female, side view adult female, front view adult male
Example: Face 10 and 06: front view adult female, side view adult female, front view adult male