MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
The "Earth Muffin" Cabin
by iCad Posted 7th Dec 2010 at 1:09 AM
263 Thanks Thanks 35 Favourited
A look into the little living room:
And here, have a night shot, just because I've never done one:
The Teal Deer Summary:
Lot Size: 2x2 (My favorite size!)
3 Bedrooms: 1 master and 2 family
2 Bathrooms: 1 master and 1 family.
Fireplace on a full-stone wall in the wee living room
Fenced back yard that I use as a doggie yard more than a kiddie yard, given its narrowness.
No driveway, but if you're into your Sims having cars, there is space for one if you move/rip out a tree and a shrub. I'll let you figure out where...
3 Maxis flower squares and 5 Maxis shrubs in front will need maintenance. The balance of the landscaping is maintenance-free.
Each of the bedrooms will accommodate a double bed, so you can pretty comfortably house a family of 6 on this lot, if you have kids share the two secondary bedrooms. The sacrifice for having more/larger bedrooms on a lot this size is a smaller living room and kitchen, however. But this actually suits my play style very well. Maybe the same is true for you.
The house sits on a 2x2 lot and takes up most of it. If you've been looking at my lots, you've probably guessed by now that I'm not really into my Sims having huge yards. They never seem to use them unless I tell them to, which I rarely bother to do, so I figure why take up neighborhood space with big lots? However, I DO strive to create logically-expandable floor plans, just in case I have an unexpected baby boom in a family. For this house, you could add a half-story second floor pretty easily.
The price of this one, as is, is $31,946. It can be made less expensive if you want it to be. For instance, I gave this one a higher-end kitchen, using rather expensive counters and the FreeTime appliances, including a dishwasher, because this lot was originally built for a Cuisine Sim. If you wanted to shave money off the cost of the lot, you could certainly start by replacing those with cheaper items.
Now, some Important Messages From Our Sponsors!
1) Like the majority of my lots, this has a complete kitchen and complete bathrooms. There is at least one light fixture in each room. There is a phone. There is a mirror in each bathroom. That's it for furnishings. You will do a far better job of interior decorating than I would. Seriously, you can't possibly be worse at that than I am.
2) The windows and doors are Maxis recolors or are from Maxis completer sets. The shutterless country windows are plasticbox's and they pick up whatever colors you have of the Seasons country window, although there is the white recolor for that window in the package. The front door and the shuttered window are white recolors of Seasons items. Since recolors apparently don't always package (or at least, I can't figure out how to get recolors in there when they don't conveniently pop themselves in there all by themselves), I have included the white recolors I have in the file separately, NOT in the package. If you don't already have white recolors of those objects, the front door and the shuttered window will be a light wood color instead of white, and you won't be able to recolor it. Those two files will fix that, but if you already have white recolors of those objects, you don't need them.
3) The white-edged roofs: Not CC, not included. Instead, I use Phaenoh's default-replacement white-edged Maxis roofs in my game. If you're smart, you will, too. This lot certainly won't look very nice with Maxis's nasty grey-edged roofs, which is what it will have if you don't have that mod or don't change the roof material to a CC white-edged roof that you might have.
4) Now that I think about it, I'm not sure whether or not the tree I've used on this lot is Seasons-enabled. I've only used it before in desert neighborhoods because I think it can pass for a cottonwood, which are ubiquitous in the near-desert where I live. My desert neighborhoods don't have fall or winter. I only just decided as I was getting this ready for upload that I didn't like the trees I had on the lot and replaced them with that one. So...Yeah. You tell me.
And that's it! Until next time, kids.
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: 31946
Custom Content by Me:
- Basic Bathrooms 12" Ceramic Tile in Pale Gold
- Basic Bathrooms Full Tile Wall in Pale Gold
- Basic Bathrooms Half Tile Wall in Pale Gold
- Basic Bathrooms Plaster Wall in Brown
- Basic Diagonal Wood Siding in Earth
- Basic Horizontal Wood Siding in Earth
- Smitty's Less Distressed Floorboards in Weathered Saddle
- Basic Vertical Wood Siding in Earth
- Plaster of Paradise in Coconut
- Plaster of Paradise in Desert Island
Custom Content Included:
- Country Windowed Door, White Recolor by senesi2003
- Country Window, White Recolor by senesi2003
- Lush Grass Terrain Paint by 4 Ever SimFantasy
- Recolorable Deck Stairs by Numenor
- Giggly Grass by buggybooz
- Stone Terrain Paint by HabboArwen
- Backless Tub/Shower by HugeLunatic
- Gable decoration for 5 tiles by Marina
- Colonial Fireplace Without Chimney by mia86
- Independent Expressions Privacy Window by MaryLou
- Nengi's Huge Oleander by nengi65 at simscrossing
- Lisa's Tree by Nengi65
- Outdoor Lantern by Numenor - MTS
- Jumbo Shrubby Shrub by HystericalParoxysm
- Deck Stairs, White Recolor by Patty3428
- Country Window With Shutters by plasticbox
- Country Window Without Shutters 2 by plasticbox
- Country Window Without Shutters 1 by plasticbox
- Country Window, White Recolor by plasticbox
- Wood Fence #13 by Piggi
Earth Muffin Cabin.rar
Size: 1.69 MB · Downloads: 3,114 · 7th Dec 2010
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents