This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
Made with patch version 1.67
I have always loved the ladybug house from the sims 2 and really wanted one for the sims 3! So here it is, a converted ts2 to ts3 ladybug house (Or well.. Bug house) I gave it 3 different color options and they're CAStable. I also chose to edit the painted bits from it, which is a stencil and 2 without the stencil!
What does it do?
The bug house
The bug house is basically a decoration object, so it doesn't have any interactions. However, I did give it a custom script to let the game know which VFX effect it should be using. In this case, bees! Because who doesn't love bees? I would have gone with ladybugs though if the game had any ladybug VFX effects but sometimes you just have to do with what you have! shrugs
The default replacement bees
Like the bold line says, it's a default replacement! It might need supernatural for it to work, just to be safe, since I didn't get the chance to test it without supernatural. I do think that it needs it though since I found it's texture file in the EP7 folder's deltabuild and not in the basegame's deltabuild.
Note: The Bug house does NOT require the default replacement bees to work! If you don't want the default replacement bees in your game, that's totally cool! The game will just generates the bees we all know from the Beehive
Where can I find it?
The bug house is riiight under Outdoors>Lawn Ornaments>Ts2 to ts3 bughouse, price 100 simoleons.
Anything I should be aware of?
One thing, the bees won't show up directly. You need to unpause your game and wait for about 2 seconds to see them showing up. If they don't show up however, please let me know in the Comments!
Additional information for Creators
If you want to create a download which has it's own effects, feel free to use this download as a base! However, do not reupload the download though! Please credit me as well!
Also, Please check out this thread if you want to know more about adding effects to your downloads: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...0&goto=lastpost
Do not reupload
Do not use my download without crediting me
Converted meshes are totally fine to use, even without crediting me, same goes for the textures
Do not reupload with money making links.
High level of details/HLOD shadow: 1283 Poly
Low level of details/LLOD shadow: 598
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Thanks guys! I'm glad you all like the bughouse and/or the bee replacement! ^-^
Lol @sweetdevil I forgot to list visual studio though! Oops... *edits credits* You saw nothing... It's basically a default replacement and uhm... trying to figure out how to eventually get those effects to be recognised by the rig, the ftpt and the rslt. I'm planning on doing one project with using the same script (Although with a few adjustments though!) But that's a secret for now ^. ~