This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
Title: Three Tile Holographic Television
1) To design a free floating "holographic" two sided three tile television object with an image that can be viewed from either the front or the back.
3) As an option, to allow the Holo TV to be placed in a conventional wall mounted picture frame.
This basegame compatible object is functionallly identical to the Two Tile Holographic Television, and it is slaved to its textures. The free floating image is 50% larger and - like the Two Tile Holo TV - it can be framed within wall decor, such as the basegame "Rolling Hills" ("MoveObjects On" is not required).
While remaining basegame compatible, the Three Tile Holo TV supports the television functions of all expansion packs except those involving pets. (In order to maintain basegame compatibility, pets cannot interact with the Holographic Television Picture - but the object is otherwise fully compatible with the Pets EP.)
For times when autonomous television use becomes annoying, the player can be "Disable Autonomy".
This futuristic object does not depreciate, it is Apartment Life/M&G height adjustable, and it is also immune to fire, lightning, repossession, snow and theft. A limitation is that when switching off the television, you may momentarily see a blank glass screen, before the default picture is restored. Apart from being unbreakable and untinkerable, the Holo TV supports all television functions, including operation of the basegame video game machine.
The Three Tile Holographic Television can use invisible screen recolour that is built-in to the Two Tile Holo TV. If this invisible recolour is placed within a conventional picture frame, the underlying picture will be revealed when the television goes off. The three tile basegame "Rolling Hills" wall decor provides a convenient picture frame.
Holographic Television - The Holo TV costs 7903 Simoleons and can be found in the television section of the catalogue. It has a Fun rating of 10 and a Room (Environment) rating of 10.
Unlike the televisions that come with the game, the Three Tile Holo TV screen is viewable from either the front or the back. To enable two sided viewing, the Holo TV contains custom routing code, which also allowed me to make the following tweaks to EA's standard routing protocol:
1) If Sims cannot find a place to sit, teens and adults will sit on the floor rather than stand and block the view of those who are sitting.
2) Elders who cannot find a seat will stand at the back of the room, if possible. They will not sit on the floor.
3) If children cannot find a seat, they will stand to watch the screen. I assume that those who are sitting will be able to see over the children.
4) If there are no seats in the viewing room, all Sims will stand to watch the screen, regardless of age.
5) If there is only one seat in the room and that seat is occupied, all other Sims will stand to watch the screen. This allows for this Holo TV to simulate being placed at an operational console with a Sim sitting at it.
You may include this item in uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. It is nice but not necessary to provide a credit and link to this page.