Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 10:34 PM
Default functional bus stop/taxi replacement
Is there an object that has a "call bus" interaction, which calls a metro bus instead of a taxi? I was thinking that actual public buses with schedules and all would be interesting but maybe processor heavy, but maybe there's a happy medium between metro station and taxi for smaller suburban worlds.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:04 PM
After looking around google, seems the Sims 2 had functional bus stops but all I see for the Sims 3 is decor only. Sorry.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by featherkeys
Is there an object that has a "call bus" interaction, which calls a metro bus instead of a taxi? I was thinking that actual public buses with schedules and all would be interesting but maybe processor heavy, but maybe there's a happy medium between metro station and taxi for smaller suburban worlds.

I recall seeing a default replacement of the taxi with a street car, but I never got it to work in my game. I found it here: https://scifits3ccblog.tumblr.com/p...axi-replacement

I know there's an actually running subway in Boroughsburg, but I don't believe your Sims can actually use it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:26 PM
Blooms Cable car is a replacement for the spawning taxicabs in City worlds, if you play suburban worlds, there are no spawning cabs, so you can't see it ingame.
And you have to place the file in the right folder of course
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by burn
Blooms Cable car is a replacement for the spawning taxicabs in City worlds, if you play suburban worlds, there are no spawning cabs, so you can't see it ingame.
And you have to place the file in the right folder of course

Well, that explains a few things. Thank you! (Although that makes me sad that I can't have a historic cable-car suburb neighborhood unless I play in a city world. Oh well, lesson learned.)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:06 PM
Well, I'm not familiar with TS3 modding, but I think it might be possible to make a functional bus stop. Thinking of the Food Truck, or "Mel’s Boroughsburg Public Transit Bike Set", which works with some Ticketssystem. Should be worth for some expert mod maker to investigate this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Expect No Mercy
Well, I'm not familiar with TS3 modding, but I think it might be possible to make a functional bus stop. Thinking of the Food Truck, or "Mel’s Boroughsburg Public Transit Bike Set", which works with some Ticketssystem. Should be worth for some expert mod maker to investigate this.

Mel's mod reskins EA's ticket machine. I'm not familiar with the object, but seems like a clever use of it.