Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:31 PM Last edited by Kitty Paine : 9th May 2011 at 6:44 AM.
Default Treeag's Edit in CAS - Not working
How do I use it? I have it installed but I'm not sure how to actually use it. Can someone explain please? Ugly chilluns need makeovers. D;

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th May 2011 at 9:29 PM
Just click on any sim, Edit in CaS will be on the pie menu like Romantic or Friendly or Change Outfit. It will be showing on the top menu.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2011 at 5:31 AM Last edited by Kitty Paine : 9th May 2011 at 6:45 AM.
Ok, thanks. ^^
EDIT: Its not showing up in the pie menu. Do I need auto testing cheats enabled true or a dll to make it show up?

Test Subject
#4 Old 9th May 2011 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Paine
Ok, thanks. ^^
EDIT: Its not showing up in the pie menu. Do I need auto testing cheats enabled true or a dll to make it show up?

YOU NEED THE DLL IN BIN FOLDER. I HAD SAME ISSUE.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:04 AM
Ah, thank you very much misshey01.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th May 2011 at 1:10 PM
I'm having an issue with clothing. I tried to change an NPC's clothing but what I choose doesn't show in the game, only in CAS. I thought maybe it was an issue with disabling the clothing filter, but even filtering the outfits didn't work and now it won't let me change the stupid page outfit the game put her in. Any ideas?

If you're in hell, and are mad at someone,
where do you tell them to go?
RattySim
<:3 )~
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th May 2011 at 3:37 PM
Only way I have found to change an NPCs outfit is to use the dresser or trunk to plan another sims outfit.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th May 2011 at 5:15 PM Last edited by DeeDawg : 18th May 2011 at 5:18 PM. Reason: Wrong information
Quote: Originally posted by RattySim
I'm having an issue with clothing. I tried to change an NPC's clothing but what I choose doesn't show in the game, only in CAS. I thought maybe it was an issue with disabling the clothing filter, but even filtering the outfits didn't work and now it won't let me change the stupid page outfit the game put her in. Any ideas?

I've been struggling a bit with that too. However, as kasta13 suggested, you need to use the dresser, to successfully change a NPC's clothes.

The problem is that there are three types of outfits in this game. The 'everyday' outfit, the 'sleepwear' outfit, and the 'profession' outfit(s). And apparently, NPC's are the only ones with an everyday outfit, for some reason and NPC's always wear their everyday outfit.

When you try to edit them with CAS, they almost always change into their profession outfit immediately (which looks exactly like the everyday outfit), and when you quit the CAS, they change back into their everyday outfit.

This is why you only see the change in CAS. And the profession outfit, that you just edited, will most likely be overwritten when you exit the CAS, so it matches the everyday outfit again.

Before the game got patched, the dresser had the same problem.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
I've been struggling a bit with that too. However, as kasta13 suggested, you need to use the dresser, to successfully change a NPC's clothes.

The problem is that there are three types of outfits in this game. The 'everyday' outfit, the 'sleepwear' outfit, and the 'profession' outfit(s). And apparently, NPC's are the only ones with an everyday outfit, for some reason and NPC's always wear their everyday outfit.

When you try to edit them with CAS, they almost always change into their profession outfit immediately (which looks exactly like the everyday outfit), and when you quit the CAS, they change back into their everyday outfit.

This is why you only see the change in CAS. And the profession outfit, that you just edited, will most likely be overwritten when you exit the CAS, so it matches the everyday outfit again.

Before the game got patched, the dresser had the same problem.

DeeDawg - I believe the NPCs always wear their "Professional" outfits. I changed one of my NPC's "Everyday" outfit, and the next time I noticed her walking around town, she was wearing her "professional" outfit. If you want to change their professional outfit, have them "Change Outfit" and choose professional. Then click on the NPC and use Edit in CAS to change their outfit. This will change their professional outfit. I've found (so far) that this change will hold when you return to the game.

If you use "Plan Outfit" or "Plan another Sim's Outfit," the everyday outfit is the one which (I think) gets changed. When your sim returns to the game, they'll be wearing their professional outfit. Choose "Change Outfit" to place them in their new everyday garb.

I won't say that I'm 100% correct - changing outfits is rather confusing!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:38 PM
What .dll is it I need in the bin folder? All I got in the download was a .package file.

Found it. For anyone else who's confused it's here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th May 2011 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
DeeDawg - I believe the NPCs always wear their "Professional" outfits. I changed one of my NPC's "Everyday" outfit, and the next time I noticed her walking around town, she was wearing her "professional" outfit. If you want to change their professional outfit, have them "Change Outfit" and choose professional. Then click on the NPC and use Edit in CAS to change their outfit. This will change their professional outfit. I've found (so far) that this change will hold when you return to the game.

If you use "Plan Outfit" or "Plan another Sim's Outfit," the everyday outfit is the one which (I think) gets changed. When your sim returns to the game, they'll be wearing their professional outfit. Choose "Change Outfit" to place them in their new everyday garb.

I won't say that I'm 100% correct - changing outfits is rather confusing!

Yeah well, I'm just speaking out of my personal experience. I'm sure that the information you provided, is correct. I just shared my solution and the reason why, because his situation sounds alot like mine.

But I've seen some other threads about this, and apparently, this issue is very different from player to player.
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:20 AM
sorry to bump this thread but same here the edit in CAS doesn't work with my game. i have the base and P&N patched to 2.0. i also moved the dll to the bi folder but when i did that my game won't load and gets stuck in the loading screen. any fix?
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
sorry to bump this thread but same here the edit in CAS doesn't work with my game. i have the base and P&N patched to 2.0. i also moved the dll to the bi folder but when i did that my game won't load and gets stuck in the loading screen. any fix?

Did you download the dll from here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=438344&page=1

The dll goes in the TSM Bin folder, not the P&N one.

The dll goes in tsm/game/Bin
There's a bin folder inside the Bin folder so make sure it's in the correct one.

Sorry, just checking it's all set up right. If you're sure it is, then try redownloading and reinstalling the dll. That works for a lot of people.

Also, edit in cas was updated for P&N so make sure you have the correct version.
The updated one was made in August 2011, if the package you have pre-dates this, then it's not compatible.
Instructor
#14 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Did you download the dll from here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=438344&page=1

The dll goes in the TSM Bin folder, not the P&N one.

The dll goes in tsm/game/Bin
There's a bin folder inside the Bin folder so make sure it's in the correct one.

Sorry, just checking it's all set up right. If you're sure it is, then try redownloading and reinstalling the dll. That works for a lot of people.

Also, edit in cas was updated for P&N so make sure you have the correct version.
The updated one was made in August 2011, if the package you have pre-dates this, then it's not compatible.

yeah i did that but then my game won't get past loading when i put the DLL on my bin folder.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 8:23 AM
yeah i did that but then my game won't get past loading when i put the DLL on my bin folder.

Did you check you have the right version of Edit in CAS?
The game not loading points to an install problem, or a corruption problem.
Try removing your mods but leaving the dll where you've put it, and then running the game.

If you tried re-downloading the dll, did you also try re-downloading the Edit in CAS mod?

Also, where did you put your resource.cfg and the mods/packages folder?
Instructor
#16 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 6:20 PM
Did you check you have the right version of Edit in CAS?
The game not loading points to an install problem, or a corruption problem.
Try removing your mods but leaving the dll where you've put it, and then running the game.

If you tried re-downloading the dll, did you also try re-downloading the Edit in CAS mod?

Also, where did you put your resource.cfg and the mods/packages folder?

yeah i downloaded the latest version of CASEdit and re-downloaded the DLL. the cfg file is in my medieval folder same with my mods folder.
Scholar
#17 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 7:43 AM
yeah i downloaded the latest version of CASEdit and re-downloaded the DLL. the cfg file is in my medieval folder same with my mods folder.

Did you run the game with the dll in and mods removed?
Instructor
#18 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 11:49 AM
Did you run the game with the dll in and mods removed?

I did and i found the mod that is conflicting with the .dll file. it was the wish for a child mod. i already deleted it. shimrods camera mod still doesn't work though. my camera still has restrictions.

anyway thanks for the help.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 12:05 PM
I did and i found the mod that is conflicting with the .dll file. it was the wish for a child mod. i already deleted it. shimrods camera mod still doesn't work though. my camera still has restrictions.

anyway thanks for the help.

Grim's core has the functions to get a child. They're available on the messenger boxes and on the well.

There are 2 cameras at Shimrod's site.
One is called the 360 degree lot camera and the other is the TSM camera.
They can both be installed at the same time.

Glad you found the problem
Instructor
#20 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 11:30 PM
Grim's core has the functions to get a child. They're available on the messenger boxes and on the well.

There are 2 cameras at Shimrod's site.
One is called the 360 degree lot camera and the other is the TSM camera.
They can both be installed at the same time.

Glad you found the problem

i can't find the 360 camera the only one i found was TSM camera which is what i'm using right now i also have the zoom in CAS camera mod. do you think they are conflicting with each other? the zoom in CAS camera wors though.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 9:50 AM Last edited by blackmood90 : 21st Nov 2012 at 1:07 PM.
Hi everybody! Recently I re-installed the sims medieval + P&N. I had Treeag's Edit in Cas before and it worked.
Yesterday, I downloaded the mod, the dll file and put them in the right places. I started a new kingdom and the mod worked! I saved and closed the game, but today it doesn't work anymore! I click on my hero but the pie menu doesn't appear! I can't find the problem!
But if I start a new kingdom, it appear... So it's a problem of hero?
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 12:18 PM
I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I have all of the modding stuff down (dll is in the bin, resource in correct place...), but this mod isn't working. Not only is it not working, but if it's in the packages folder at all, my kingdom won't load (it is specifically linked to this mod, to narrow it down I tried loading the game with only one mod in the folder at a time, and the only time it'd do this was with the Edit in CAS, the other mods work).
Scholar
#23 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaye00
I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I have all of the modding stuff down (dll is in the bin, resource in correct place...), but this mod isn't working. Not only is it not working, but if it's in the packages folder at all, my kingdom won't load (it is specifically linked to this mod, to narrow it down I tried loading the game with only one mod in the folder at a time, and the only time it'd do this was with the Edit in CAS, the other mods work).

edit in cas was updated for P&N so make sure you have the correct version.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 2:20 AM
I too, am having trouble.
Scholar
#25 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LOLcatz
I too, am having trouble.

What kind of trouble? Need a little bit more info? I assume you mean with edit in cas. Do you have any other mods that are working?
Page 1 of 2