Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 12:31 PM
Chicago has a lot to answer for....

Source: https://doyouspeakvintage.wordpress...rdhousechicago/
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 2:43 PM
Everyone needs a home...
Screenshots
Scholar
#53 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Everyone needs a home...

Animal print should have died with the 1960s....
Mad Poster
#54 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 4:36 PM
I'm willing to live in that house with Hugh Jackman - I guess the other guy could live there too and be our eccentric best friend.
Scholar
#55 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I'm willing to live in that house with Hugh Jackman - I guess the other guy could live there too and be our eccentric best friend.

You could then drive a leopard print Audi:

And have a tiger print holiday cottage in England:

Forum Resident
#56 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 7:11 PM
Ummmmm.....no Comment! Wow!

C.T.HOLKO88
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe

My poor eyes! The color...
Mad Poster
#58 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
You could then drive a leopard print Audi:

And have a tiger print holiday cottage in England

I think Hugh will love those.
Scholar
#59 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 13th Dec 2015 at 9:52 AM.
Theorist
#60 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 12:56 AM
I don't see much wrong with any of those. Most European towns are crowded little places.
Scholar
#61 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 9:29 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 13th Dec 2015 at 9:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I don't see much wrong with any of those. Most European towns are crowded little places.

I suppose they're the kind of ugly that you have to witness first hand. They've not been over-designed like a lot of the previous examples, they've been under-designed. In the planning process no one has stopped to think about anymore than maximizing the profit they can get from a new development on green space outside of town. These developments are very rarely within a town or city where the crowding is more understandable, they're mostly in a fields or parks just outside of town where there's no need for such small, soulless houses to be so tightly packed together. Most of the time the living room is barely big enough for a 2-seater sofa and a tv, let alone enough additional seating to correlate with the number of bedrooms the house has. Their ugliness isn't so much external aesthetics as it is internal. An architect hasn't designed a house that can't really be lived in.
Scholar
#62 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 9:48 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 13th Dec 2015 at 10:28 PM.
Ignoring my rant earlier, I came across this design recently:

My first thoughts: 'What the...'
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 12:18 AM

Well, Fergus, I can see the problem straight away. Those windows do not go with that print!
dodgy builder
#64 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 9:05 PM
Animal print only belongs on fur or leather. The pink house is kind of cute, but probably because of the colour. The turquoise house is only bad because of the colour combination. That's all in my eyes, others might disagree.

There is a lot of mock Tudor in England. I should have found you some pictures from my country, but we don't have bad architecture :p
Theorist
#65 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Animal print only belongs on fur or leather. The pink house is kind of cute, but probably because of the colour. The turquoise house is only bad because of the colour combination. That's all in my eyes, others might disagree.

I agree with you.
Oh, and animal prints also look good on shapely women.
Scholar
#66 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 12:04 PM
I'm wondering how dysfunctional/illogical the interior layout is for this unfortunate looking home?

Surely it would have made more sense to have the garage at the side rather than in the centre of the house?
Forum Resident
#67 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 12:04 AM
What in the world?!?!?! Now that is strange! Very strange~!!!

C.T.HOLKO88
Instructor
#68 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
Surely it would have made more sense to have the garage at the side rather than in the centre of the house?

Maybe? It's unusual to have a garage in the middle of a house, but there could be very good reasons for it. If your garage is solely for the storing a vehicle, you don't really need windows in the garage. You might rather instead have outside wall space (with potential window space) reserved for rooms that people will actively be doing things in. Maybe there is a home business or separate apartment on that one side. Whatever the reason, it probably made lots of sense for the owners. That sense, however, does not stop it from still being ugly. I hate garage doors, they are so ugly, so, so very ugly. So any home where the garage door is the focal point kinda breaks my spirit a little.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:25 AM
@Fergus - Wow, I think you may have found it - the world's ugliest house...

Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
..... I hate garage doors, they are so ugly, so, so very ugly. So any home where the garage door is the focal point kinda breaks my spirit a little.

It's like the house parts are afterthoughts.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:19 AM
@Fergus - Wow, I think you may have found it - the world's ugliest house...

It's like the house parts are afterthoughts.

Agreed!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:32 AM
@RoseCity

We need a contest. We need to see who can build the World's Ugliest House.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:55 AM
Looking back, I think the first Sims house I built was a candidate. I thought it was wonderful lol.
dodgy builder
#73 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 9:38 AM
What I don't like about the garage is the height above the doors and the roof. For some reason they went with the "let's make the garage something different approach", or perhaps just the cheapest solution available.
dodgy builder
#74 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 8:17 PM
Looking back, I think the first Sims house I built was a candidate. I thought it was wonderful lol.

Mine as well. It was horrible
Scholar
#75 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 10:29 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 17th Jul 2016 at 11:30 AM.
I'd like to nominate this unfinished 55 bed, 55 bath house near Houston, TX:

It has 66,000 sqft of living space, I guess everything really is bigger in Texas...

Page 3 of 5