Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:08 PM
Default The way sims get married :(
Does it bother anyone else the way the sims get married? I mean they don't even change into wedding attire.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
>_> it depends on how you operate their weddings. if you do a private wedding for them to change clothes for formal and then do a private wedding.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
Did you have a wedding party? I can't remember if they change for that cause I usually rush it and have a private ceremony.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:25 PM
If you have a wedding party you set the dress code.
Otherwise just change them into the formal gear before they do the private thing. Just click on them to change their outfit (love this, hated changing in TS2, yknow.. walking ALL the way to a dresser)
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM
Oh, the weddings su*k big time.
My sim, Peter married Agnes Crumplebottom. It was lame.
I so miss the videos of major events.
I guess you could set up a nice party, have people over, and so on. Really this is just another bad feature removed from the Sims.
Pouts...where is the champagne bottle??

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:49 AM
no wedding cake, no champagne to toast, no arch and no wedding gowns...they gimped weddings. Severely.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I so miss the videos of major events.

YES!!!! i totally agree!!!
i loved the videos and i really think they should have been included in TS3
i wonder why they took them away...
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:44 AM
I can't get my sims re-married :-|.

My sim had broken up with her husband once and now I want her to re-marry another sim. They have been best friends for ages and the only thing they do everyday is amorous hugs, compliment, flirt,... They can only kiss or make out when cuddling on sofa or bed. She even has a baby with him but the status still remains "best friends" not "love" so I cannot get them married.

Any idea??
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petty
I can't get my sims re-married :-|.

My sim had broken up with her husband once and now I want her to re-marry another sim. They have been best friends for ages and the only thing they do everyday is amorous hugs, compliment, flirt,... They can only kiss or make out when cuddling on sofa or bed. She even has a baby with him but the status still remains "best friends" not "love" so I cannot get them married.

Any idea??

He might be with someone else. The exact thing happened to me with a guy I had. I've heard there's a option to ask them to break up with whoever it is, but I haven't seen that yet. I never found out who the guy was though, but I checked her info, the traits and stuff, and it said she was together with someone.
Inventor
#10 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 20th Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: image dimensions exceed forum limits: 800x600
Weddings are what you make them to be...

With a little bit of preperation you can throw nice weddings with all the bells and whistles.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-759.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-760.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-350.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-348.jpg

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Theorist
#11 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:44 PM
I don't know...it's yet another thing that 'is difficult and time consuming' to get done in the game.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darim
He might be with someone else. The exact thing happened to me with a guy I had. I've heard there's a option to ask them to break up with whoever it is, but I haven't seen that yet. I never found out who the guy was though, but I checked her info, the traits and stuff, and it said she was together with someone.

No. The guy is single (because I created him to be her neighbor and to marry her ). My problem is I cannot get their relationship any further than just "best friends" although they already have a baby together. He even flirts with other girls in front of her.

They can only...

And the relationship is...

See? I really want them to get married but... T_T
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petty
No. The guy is single (because I created him to be her neighbor and to marry her

See? I really want them to get married but... T_T

Ask him to move in. Then you can control him and maybe move things along.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadohart
Ask him to move in. Then you can control him and maybe move things along.

He has already lived in her house before they had the baby T_T. They talk everyday, spend a lot of time doing stuff together but they only kiss and make out on sofa / bed, and the relationship isn't going up. She can't even senerade him with her guitar. T_T. Things are okay but I don't want the baby to grow up without a proper father in the family tree haha :D.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:19 PM
Try spamming the romantic interactions until it says that Sim A thinks Sim B is being 'extremely irresistible' from then on you can probably find the 'go steady' option, and then propose.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:30 PM
I honestly am happy with the weddings. I had a beautiful beach wedding during sunset. They got married in their swim wear because let's face it, they're hot. XD
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:09 AM
Maybe a themed set will appear in the store at some point?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:55 AM
I wish I could get my Sims to get married at Town Hall. My Sims are too busy to really do wedding parties, but some kind of "official" wedding would be cool.

I'm glad the weddings are religion-neutral, but c'mon! Let's see some more options!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dappybint

*Cough*
EA store must die
*Cough*
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MINIggy03
no wedding cake, no champagne to toast, no arch and no wedding gowns...they gimped weddings. Severely.

Agreed.
-cries-
I bought that rose fence thing as an arch and held it in Central Park, but it took forever to make them stand in front of it and it just wasn't the same.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:55 AM
I had two sims who actually got married in the bathroom. I suppose it is an unusual experience :s
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowpelt
*Cough*
EA store must die
*Cough*

-nodnod-

I'm sorry, but I don't live to please you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
I don't remember there being all the options we had in sims 2 in just the base game. I know some things were added with a stuff pack.

And I think that weddings taking time to look nice is just like in real life. You don't throw a wedding together overnight.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dappybint

How dare you suggest that as a solution to the lack of wedding objects! The EA Store causes the problem, NEVER solves it.

I've yet to have a wedding, but from the sounds of things, I'm disappointed. No wedding arch or cake? Come on!

I would have liked for the cutscreens to be in TS3, but it'd get complicated with the seamless neighborhood. Could you imagine having another sim cooking something while the wedding is in place and right before the cutscreen, a fire breaks out. So you're stuck in a cutscreen while your other sim could potentially be on fire. Not cool.
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
How dare you suggest that as a solution to the lack of wedding objects! The EA Store causes the problem, NEVER solves it.

I've yet to have a wedding, but from the sounds of things, I'm disappointed. No wedding arch or cake? Come on!

I would have liked for the cutscreens to be in TS3, but it'd get complicated with the seamless neighborhood. Could you imagine having another sim cooking something while the wedding is in place and right before the cutscreen, a fire breaks out. So you're stuck in a cutscreen while your other sim could potentially be on fire. Not cool.

Computer pauses the game.. runs the cutscene.. the gives control back after its finished.. easy fix

I do agree with you on the store, for sure. Some of the stuff they left out is beginning to make me believe that everything that we have come to know and love about this game, they are going to now sell us.. even things from the base sims 1 and sims 2 packages... really unsettling, for sure.
Page 1 of 2