Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:23 AM
Those fins are so awesome great work, I'm glad I'm not the only one still interested in this discussion, I've been meaning to make more stuff for mermaids but I have no idea how to correctly assign bones to meshes, every time I try I fail and get frustrated and lose interest, you're lucky you can make anything you want for The Sims 3 and I hope to see more from you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 11:27 PM Last edited by abufi : 13th Jun 2018 at 5:28 AM.
skin weighting is definitely the trickiest part of the 3D process :S and with sims it's even tougher because of all the specific stuff you have to do to make sure it's compatible with the game. i'm a maya person, not a milkshape or blender person, so milkshape's tools for assigning joints to verts are very confusing to me... it's hard to keep track of everything. i haven't had much luck with trying to make CAS items that need to be assigned to more than 2 or 3 different joints because then it just becomes too much to try to keep track of within milkshape's workspace.

i just wrote up something really quick here on the basics of what i do. i hope maybe it helps!

anyway, i made some more things, but i actually just submitted them to the main MTS site and now they're awaiting approval. i'll link the thread here when they get approved! in the meantime here's a tiny little preview featuring the new things i made:

EDIT: and it's live! here is the download page for all of the fish stuff i've made so far.
Page 4 of 4