Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2017 at 6:19 AM
Default Making CC without SimPE: Is it possible?
I'm dying to get some of my old downloads from the sims 2, especially the makeup CC by ZombieJill and Bruno :lovestruc . From tutorials, it LOOKS like creating makeup isn't much different/more complex than it was for TS2 except I would need to download SimPE(which I assume is supposed to be similar-ish to BodyShop? Sortanotreally). And here is where my problem lies: I don't have a recent Operating System. I run on Windows XP and can't get SimPE to work on my system.

Is there a way to use SimPE on a device that doesn't have The Sims installed? My mother has Windows 10 on her computer, but not a photoediter or the game...

Maybe I am doing something wrong. Any tips if so?

If it isn't possible to do this without SimPE, then is it possible to commission someone else to make the conversions?

(my all time favorite OC was created around a recolor I made of ZJ's Spectacled Spectacular makeup, I desperately want him in TS4)
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 15th May 2017 at 8:52 AM
Yes you can run SimPE on a system without the game installed. There is a commandline switch which you can edit into a shortcut that allows it to run in IIRC "local mode". By default mode it does expect the game installed. The switch was introduced at a late stage to convenience people who did their creating on a different computer from the game.

Near the bottom of this article http://pooklet.tumblr.com/post/1473...me-new-glitches it describes how to access local mode

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:30 PM
Hi! Your main question was already answered but I just wanted to add that if you do use your mother's computer and you want to use a 2D editor on it, you could download either GIMP or Krita (my favorite and probably better for this IMO) for free, but if part of the problem is that she doesn't want you actually downloading programs on it, there are ways to do it in a browser. There's a site called rollApp which lets you use GIMP and Krita and also lots of other programs in browser without a dl. There's also Vectr which, as the name suggests, is more for vector editing, but that was made to run in a browser. It's not as fit for this task but it might be of some help for you.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:15 AM
You don't need to have sim pe to make mods. You can use Sims 4 Studio and a graphics editor.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 28th May 2017 at 11:23 AM.
You need sims 2 tools if you want to extract Sims 2 resources as part of the process, Sally.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:02 PM Last edited by SallySims : 28th May 2017 at 9:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You need sims 2 tools if you want to extract Sims 2 resources as part of the process, Sally.

Woop. Yep. Sorry. The breadcrumbs at the top:
Site Map >Modding and Creation >Sims 4 Creation >CAS Parts >Got a question about creating clothing, makeup etc? Ask here
And obviously I didn't read the actual post as closely as I thought.

Sims 2 I don't remember as well anymore, but I believe it came with a program called Body Shop that you could use with a graphics editor. I don't think you needed sim pe, still.

Edit: Never mind, it seems like sim pe is the only way to extract textures that I can find, which is what it seems like you're trying to do =)