Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 5:24 PM
Default It's been a while...
Years ago I had inquired about if there was a thread I could go to request custom Sims. If I remember correctly there was no official "request" thread, but a mod linked me to several people who may be interested in doing requests. Has this changed, or is there still no request thread? If there is not, can you post a list of currently active creators who may be interested or a thread where that is already listed?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:07 PM
Here's the link to Creators Who Take Requests, it hasn't had a reply since 2016 though. That's for creators to post their availability/willingness, requests are not permitted.

http://sims3.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533542
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:36 PM
I don't understand... making sims is easy. I mean, I can never make them look like the people they're supposed to represent... but I just pretend.

Making clothing, hair and all that ... now that's hard.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 9:09 PM
I can make Sims well enough. I have made several original Sims, and I love them all. It's creating Sims that are based on people which I have issues doing. I limit my CC usage, so I do not have access to everything I may need, and I am also a busy person. I cannot spend enough time researching these things. I have also made "simple" Sims for friends and strangers alike, but those do not require as much time as making a Sim using references. I had one request done for me ages ago for Piper Perabo, but that creator has retired or moved on from The Sims. Otherwise, I would have asked them if they would be interested. Secondary to that, I simply do not trust my skill enough to attempt creating Sims based on actual celebs.

Note: I can see that the thread is pretty dead. Most creators have probably moved on to Sims 4 creations using their own personal blogs and such. Unfortunate, but I would be lying if I said I was surprised at that news. The Sims 3 is still played a ton, but very few people still make content for it. Sure, The Sims 4 is less demanding on machines by a lot, but they cut too much from what made the series good. Sorry.

Naito_Shade on NRaas
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:00 AM
If I bump into any creators who take requests out there in the blog-o-sphere, I'll be sure to point you in their direction.
Theorist
#6 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:28 AM
It's probably not a helpful comment, but I found out that you can learn to make sims after real people better with time. You learn just by doing. I have two hoods filled with sims created after characters in movies. First attempts were lousy, but in about a year I noticed that I can make sims who resemble their protorypes well most of the time now, so I went back to remake the first ones and they started to resemble their prototypes pretty much spot on. That's a lot of unintentional progress in just a year.

However, I understand being busy and not wanting to bother. I simply had no choice, since noone would create that many sims for me even if they took requests. Well, there are still some characters I can't recreate well as sims, although that may be because I don't want to spend too much time trying. I don't really enjoy creating sims at all.

Well, at least I learnt how to make 15y.o. looking characters out of adult sims. It's very funny that it's possible. (I needed full adult functionality for them, that's why I even attempted that)

Btw, a tip: find some custom sim who looks close to what you want, then modify. That's how I did it at first. If I had to create from scratch, I'd have given up in the very beginning.

Well I suspect you have no time for all of this, so it's most likely useless information.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:38 PM
It was not useless information. I have used "close looking" Sims models to make Sims in the past. It does help out a ton. My inquiry was more of a "why not at least try" type deal. I honestly was not expecting to get even one reply, but I did so thank you to you all. lol

Naito_Shade on NRaas