Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Zeedrea : 15th Oct 2017 at 10:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Game lagging extremely badly with AM
Note: I am unable to register at Awesomemod Forum so I couldn't post my question there. Tried googling everywhere but couldn't find anyone with the same problem as me. Therefore I decided to post here.

There are some features of AM that I would like to have such as RoboticHandOfGod and SkipSpeedFinishQueue which I can't find anywhere else.

Some information:
1. Game runs smoothly with Nraas mods
2. Game is basically unplayable once I input awesomemod.package file into Mods folder:
- Just a single mouse/keyboard input takes about 1 minute before anything happens (pause/unpause, zoom in/out, etc)
- shift+ctrl+c: "showconfig" shows me 4 pages of AM settings - so this means AM is working, right?
- Disabled StoryMode in AM (so it wouldn't conflict with Nraas_SP)
- Used Nraas_MC ResetAll including Active Household just in case
3. Tried removing all mods except AM, get the same sluggishness as #2: unplayable.
4. Removed AM and replaced with Nraas mods - game is smooth again!

Latest update on what I have tried and failed:
1. Reinstalled the entire game completely
2. Disabled everything in AM except HandofGod

My base game version is 1.67 and I googled that Awesomemod is also patched to 1.67.

I really have no idea what the problem is, maybe something in other folders (not Mods) is conflicting with the AM mod? Where should I be looking at?
Appreciate any help I can get, thanks for reading!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:10 AM
LOL...
Patient: "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
Doctor: "Then don't do this."

For the OP, try test #3 again but on a clean game folder and a new test game -- move or rename the TS3 user game folder in Documents for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next launch, set up the mods Framework again, and put in only AM and its config file. You can always put the existing game folder back again later if wanted. If AM is not going to work properly on a fresh game and a fresh game folder with no added content including no other package files at all, then I would conclude it's just not going to work out. But if it does work fine, then you might slowly begin adding your content and other mods back in until the problem reappears to help identify the culprit.

For some tips on using AM together with NRaas mods, if/when you get to that stage again, we have this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:10 AM
Thanks for the replies. Agree with nitromon, I only want some functions of the AM.

Latest update on what I have tried:
1. Reinstalled the entire game completely
2. Disabled everything in AM except HandofGod

After above two, the game is still lagging. Looks like I just have to suck it up and go without AM
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:33 AM
AM was last updated in July. You have the latest version?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
AM was last updated in July. You have the latest version?

I downloaded it from the AM forum. I assume that's the latest version? And it does work, except make my game lag badly.
#8 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 4:00 PM
If it's from 07/23/2017 then yes.

Another question though: how did you install it? Did you place it where you placed your other mods or did you follow the instructions from MATY?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 2:12 PM Last edited by Zeedrea : 16th Oct 2017 at 3:41 PM.
i checked it is from 23 July this year.

Installed it in the mods folder under documents, and also the framework. I just tried running it together with all my mods with just RoboticHandOfGod and SkipSpeedFinishQueue and it seems to be slightly better, but still too jerky for normal gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FaYdjY4Qkc recorded a video for your reference.
#10 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:43 PM
Please undo everything that has to do with the framework that MATY provides, particularly the extra files you had to install in the game folders. (I can't remember, but if you had to also replace game files, put back the original ones). This is the old method and completely different from the current one with Mods/Packages in Documents. You're supposed to use only one method and not both. Just keep AwesomeMod and the config file in Documents/.../Mods/Packages
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:48 PM
I did not touch any files in Program Files if that's what you meant. I replaced the framework files within the Documents folder itself. Should that be undone too?
#12 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:54 PM
Then I am not entirely sure what you did. The framework provided by MATY goes into the Program Files, the framework provided by MTS goes into Documents. You cannot use any framework files from MATY in the framework from MTS and vice versa. The resource.cfg, for example, is completely different.

ETA: I also watched your video. This is not normal and I have never seen the game act like that even on a Mac laptop. But that was years ago with only two EPs. On the other hand, I've never used RoboticHandOfGod, what does it do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 4:21 PM
Hand of God automatically gets rid of dirty dishes, thrash and laundry instantly. It beats using MC_Clean All. I prefer to have it because of all the thrash people leave in the University dorms.

I may have messed up my documents folder with the old Resource.cfg file. I'll probably reinstall the entire game again to clean out the Documents folder, then put the mod back in without the framework and see what happens. If it still doesn't work then I guess I'll have to do without AM. I'll update tomorrow because right now it's bedtime.

Whether it works out or not, I really appreciate your help!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM
If you have never touched the file structure in Programs, there is no point in uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game. You can instead pull your TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next launch. Then back out and redo the Framework (the MTS one) on the fresh game folder and begin adding your content and mods back in.

We still don't know anything about your system. Yes, the lag in that video was awful but I've seen that before on systems starved for RAM without AM being a factor. If you would like us to comment on how well the game should be running we would need to know the specs of computer you are playing on and whether we're talking about PC or Mac. A copy/paste of the contents of your DeviceConfig.log file, in your game folder, should help us see what you are working with -- just the first 40 lines or so, you can stop when it gets to the longs lists of game options.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:37 PM
nitromon: I'll check out the link you gave, but I'll probably just use Nraas_MC Clean All function if AM fails.

igazor: Okay I've removed the Doc folder and regenerated a new one. Put back saved game and AM, but the game is still having that insane lag.
I'm not sure why the log file says windows 8 but I'm actually on Windows 10 version 1703.

=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3293 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 3991 RAM: 8109 Adjusted RAM: 7597 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Family: 6
Model: 10
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 8109MB
Free memory: 4196MB
User:
Computer:
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Name (database): GeForce GTX 960 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1401, Board: 39623842, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 22.21.13.8494, GUID: D7B71E3E-5741-11CF-DC7A-6F191BC2DB35
Driver version: 8494
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:16 AM
Okay I've fixed the texture memory. As for the free memory, I'll try to use RAMDisk as what you have stated here.

Will report back in awhile.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:43 AM Last edited by igazor : 18th Oct 2017 at 2:53 AM.
What nitromon meant was that at the moment the game was about to start up, before it had a chance to do anything at all yet, your computer was using half (4 GB) of its RAM on other things. That's a lot. Task Manager might reveal what's going on there, but with that many heavy processes already running, the game isn't going to get all of the resources it needs on starting up.

A RAM Disk would actually make things worse and tie up even more RAM as the game starts up, unless all that activity was a one-off and has been addressed already.

What I don't see anyone having asked yet, in addition to the above, have you taken steps to cap the frame rate on that GTX 960 video card for TS3 and verified with the fps on cheat code in-game that its frame rate is staying under the refresh rate of your monitor? For most that would be 60 Hz, so 60 fps. Some monitors can run higher. Unlike newer games, TS3 does not have a built-in fps limiter and needs helps from the Nivdia Control Panel or another program like Nvidia Inspector to accomplish this. Graphics cards as powerful as yours will otherwise run wild with frame rates all over the place and that can cause all kinds of performance issues in general, as well as potentially lead to burning out the card over time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:37 AM
Okay, I've removed RAM Disk and reverted back. I think it's using so much memory because I've left my Chrome Browser open. I closed it and then relaunched Sims3 so now it shows:

Memory: 8109MB
Free memory: 5644MB

I've just fixed my fps rate to 60 in Nvidia Inspector (for Sims 3 profile and within the game itself).

Another thing I've noticed is that I now get no lag when my mouse isn't moving. When I try to move the screen it freezes and makes it almost impossible. Now that I've removed AM and kept just Nraas mods (SP, MC and Careers are amongst the heaviest I would think), the lag is gone. Moving the screen is almost seamless. https://youtu.be/_3LfxMT9Hnw

Really appreciate your help igazor, nitromon and Don. You guys have been extremely helpful. Even though I still can't use AM, I think I've got some other issues I didn't know of fixed too.

If anyone else still has other ideas I do not mind giving them a try. Otherwise I will enjoy my game with just the Nraas mods. Good enough for me.