Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

* Get To Work * Hasty Retreat Exit Sign * UPDATE with recolours. MIRROR IMAGE OBJECT

by Duncan Disorderly Posted 7th Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2017 at 7:48 PM by Duncan Disorderly : update

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:25 PM
Good idea thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:46 AM
Thanks
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:30 AM
thank you! I simply don't understand why they don't automatically include mirrored versions of all of these things from the start!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:06 AM
Thanks so much for creating this. I've had it on my wishlist for ages.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:56 AM
Thanks for this generous download, my Sims will be able to evacuate the laboratories on the other side as well
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:45 PM
Good job Duncan! Nice to see you're also making mods now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:23 PM
I am glad you made this item for the game. It has been a sore spot for me also that this exit sign only when one direction. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:58 PM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 10th Oct 2017 at 4:52 AM. Reason: typo
Wow!

Today is the first time I've seen my item available to download and I was blown away by the response. So many thank you messages! There's even one from Bakie, one of my favourite creators at MTS! And, over 100 downloads already! Fantastic. It's so rewarding to see my very first creation will help make some fans game just a touch better.

Saying that, I realised I didn't include the alternate colours for the item. So, I want to update the object eventually. I just have one problem. I have no frikkin clue how to do this and I have tried. However, I just need to Google a bit more. Hopefully, I'll figure it out. lol In the meantime, at least we have this in the game.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words and support. It's genuinely appreciated.

Peace.
DD.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:49 PM
Updated to include recolours.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 6:19 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:50 AM
Thank heavens for this! It always bothered me that there was only one way for my sims to run in an emergency!
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:49 PM
Do you think you could simply edit the original sign and have new swatches as the mirrored version? Things can get very cluttered in buy mode very quickly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daviisim
Do you think you could simply edit the original sign and have new swatches as the mirrored version? Things can get very cluttered in buy mode very quickly

Hiya.

I know what you mean about cluttered menus. My Mods folder is 3.5 gig. >.<

Since I'm new to all this, I didn't even think of that. I get what you're saying, but if I did what you asked, wouldn't it just create a separate version of the original, but with 6 swatches, instead of 3? If there's a way round this, I'll need to find out how to do it.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:25 PM
Also, wanted to acknowledge the latest few thank you posts. They are genuinely appreciated. I'm pleased to see I wasn't alone and other fans wanted the same as I did. Then again, it's no surprise, as it was a pretty obvious niche really. Just glad I've been able to fill it.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:42 PM
I don't really know how it works but I've seen several mods that simply add new swatches to an existing object rather than create a copy or override the object completely without creating a new version of it. I don't know if this link will clear anything up or not. http://sims4studio.com/thread/5151/...de-add-swatches
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daviisim
I don't really know how it works but I've seen several mods that simply add new swatches to an existing object rather than create a copy or override the object completely without creating a new version of it. I don't know if this link will clear anything up or not. http://sims4studio.com/thread/5151/...de-add-swatches

Sorry for the delay. As usual: Real Life > internet. I had a look at the thread. Parts of it made sense, but only a bit. Like I said, I'm not overly experienced doing this, as this was my first item. Making this wasn't complicated. After I made this, I figured I would do the same with other objects that need a mirror image. I applied the same technique as I did for this item, but none of them worked and I have no clue why.

That said, I'm not willing to give up and I'll read over the thread a few more times and try to understand it better. I will try my best to figure this out, but considering my real life commitments, finding spare time is difficult. Hopefully, I'll eventually figure it out and I promise to send you a private message if or when I do, to save you from having to check yourself. Just don't hold your breath. lol

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 12:45 AM
Great Job :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 8:43 PM
Haha, yes, I waited for this, too. :DDD Thank you 4 doing it! :DDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:20 PM
omg, thank you! I've been using these at all my exits and it was soooooo bugging me! haha thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 7:36 AM
Keeping the thread alive. So pleased to see people have appreciated my modest contribution.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!