Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#26 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:02 PM
Making a good terrain paint job can be compared to art. Painters paint on a canvas, world painting is painting and sculpting on a square flat surface with ground textures.

I look at the painting job when I decide if I like a world, and I'm very hard to impress.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#27 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
(...)
Speaking of which, has anyone made a French-style world? A Dutch one, perhaps? I would be all over a Dutch world.

(...)
Where's the challenge in that? You take a completely flat map, paint it green, place some of the fake cows from buydebug and some tomato fields and there you are: the Netherlands
Field Researcher
#28 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Danish. It's Danish.
Don't worry, you're not the only one. They're easy to confuse. We're both very flat and we love bicycles, and our languages sound made-up enough to be a massive hoax (like Bielefeld). And Denmark IS the capital of Holland, of course, and Holland is the country in which the Netherlands lie.

Hey, I tried! ¯\_(&#12484_/¯
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#29 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:36 PM
Dronningslund is nice as a concept, but I don't think that it plays very well, but Fagersims' other world Enekjaer is also a real keeper.
I think it is the first world that encouraged me to build my own houses from scratch, looking at architecture pics from Denmark and trying to rebuild some of the houses I saw.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:49 PM
Point Ouerbacker:
http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...ased-get-it-now

88 lots, and a Northern California settings. All prefurnished and perfect for those wanting a ranch/small town/vacation town/Marin County feeling.

Mad Poster
#31 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Where's the challenge in that? You take a completely flat map, paint it green, place some of the fake cows from buydebug and some tomato fields and there you are: the Netherlands

And to think I'd rather play in that than 95% of the other worlds.
And that would be a tulip field and one of these because otherwise people will think it's Germany. Well it's either a train or a windmill but it can't be Dutch without both of them.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Point Ouerbacker:
http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...ased-get-it-now

88 lots, and a Northern California settings. All prefurnished and perfect for those wanting a ranch/small town/vacation town/Marin County feeling.

Wow. That's sure beats my Tickville by a yard and a mile.
Scholar
#33 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:57 PM
Point Ouerbacker looks really nice. I've looked at pictures of it a few times before, but this time I actually got around to downloading it.

If you're looking for a world that doesn't have that "generic EA" feel to it, and you can handle playing a very big map, then I suggest Los Aniegos. I've played it a bit, and it has a very different feel to it than any other TS3 world I've tried. There's also Prato di Livori which looks absolutely gorgeous, and seems to be pretty free of American style buildings.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:23 AM
So much depends on our hardware. I am on an i7 so can handle pretty much anything. Even though I can handle the huge worlds I prefer medium the most. The custom worlds I like most are a theme. Rinn Fada was beautiful when I looked at it and a manageable size. When I see the EA rabbitholes in worlds I tend to pass as I prefer worlds using RH rugs to not disrupt the look. The world I am doing now has one lot that has most of the RH in the basement so they are not seen. I did that so players who want no CC will use it. In my version the basement will be nuked and I will use my rugs.

I pick a theme for each world I work on. It makes it more interesting for me to do.

edit: here is that lot if it helps any of you working on worlds

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7729901
Mad Poster
#35 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:52 AM
I've got games in the blank version of Evermore Falls,Deery Meadowslite,Storybrook County lite,Gibsons,Winfield,Oak Leaf,Glenvale County and Sunset Valley2.I love empty worlds for playable towns as the population is added by you and it can be added over time instead of all at once.I also build my own community lots and those rarely have routing issues with them.
I've got another world still in CAW called Logan which will be blank without any lots added except in the game once exported and it should be playable as I've not had any issues with Evermore.
Scholar
#36 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon

At least that will be very easy on your pc. If you leave out the millions of bicycles and canals anyway.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
At least that will be very easy on your pc. If you leave out the millions of bicycles and canals anyway.

How about the bicycles IN the canals?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 11:30 PM
It depends on the type of your favourite city, if will be a beach world, a small-town world, a farm world, a huge city world, etc. When I get a new computer, I will start a city with a brazilian houses, roads, buildings styles. I will try to model my own mountains and try to become then perfect (its because i sucks). And I'm not talking about the tourist citys and famous citys like Rio (There is one called Sao Paten, I really liked and that is so beautiful, i dont remember the name of the creator), I'm going to build based in some citys I think they are gorgeous and not so well known. After that i will share and i hope some people enjoy my work.
Page 2 of 2