Locked thread | Replies: 24977 (Who?), Viewed: 1263276 times. | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 140 of 1000
Test Subject
#3476 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:41 PM
I don't think so, because all of the suspiciously dead (with the exception of Nightlife's Tricou family and Rainelle Neengia) don't actually have any sim data. They're just wandering cadavers. There's probably a long and complicated road to resurrecting them, but I know that the Nomitron won't do the entire trick, unless you are resurrecting the Tricous, in which case, go right ahead.

Also known as Skuld Lunrix, just using my MTS2 account from now on ^_^;
Test Subject
#3477 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:02 PM
Thanks, Carth It looks as though all Tybalt Capp's efforts to 'rescue' his mother are now going to be in vain... *evil snicker*
Field Researcher
#3478 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:47 PM Last edited by zumppe : 5th Jul 2009 at 5:01 PM.
I noticed a pile of trash on the livingroom floor in the house of one of my sim families (not stinky kitchen garbage, but some office style trash or something). The maid doesn't clean it up, and when I try to get a family member to clean it up, the icon "clean up" just disappears right away and nothing happens. The sledgehammer in build mode doesn't help either. What is this trash, how can I get rid of it? I have no idea how it got there in the first place... is there some meaning to it?

link to picture

Edit: I googled and found the "moveobjects on" cheat, and was able to remove the trash ("Electronic Debris Pile"). But where did it come from, and why could nobody clean it up??
Mad Poster
#3479 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:33 PM
I've not seen that in my game before but I would guess from the name and looks of it that it would appear when an electronic item is destroyed by a pet.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#3480 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:25 PM
Yes I thought so too, the only thing is that there are no pets in the family and the door is locked with "disallow pets"....
Field Researcher
#3481 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:14 PM
What are attraction markers? I've stumbled across the term a couple of times, but haven't gotten a clear picture what they are and what they do... only that they can cause problems somehow?
Scholar
#3482 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumppe
What are attraction markers? I've stumbled across the term a couple of times, but haven't gotten a clear picture what they are and what they do... only that they can cause problems somehow?

I suppose you mean those bolts of lightning next to the Sims thumbnails, they measure your Sim's attraction to other Sims, with three bolts of lightning being the most.
Those attraction bolts are marked next to some interactions too and as the sim's relationship with other Sim increases, more of those actions become available. And if you proceed with those interactions, your Sim will become more and more interested in other Sim, in romantic sense. Like first they become smitten and if you allow your Sim to go on with more and more interactions marked with bolts of lightning, then they fall in love.

Problems can be caused indeed, affecting Sims' relationship, since the Sim you aim those interactions at may refuse some of them and if I'm not mistaken then their relationship's meter may plunge more than it usually does.

This feature was first introduced with Nightlife and I'm not sure if you get it with later EPs in case you don't have NL.
Test Subject
#3483 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM
ive seen a couple of houses with this but i haven't figured out how to do it, its when you build hills around your home and the kind of melt into the walls, anyone know how or is there a tutorial that you can link me to?
Top Secret Researcher
#3484 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM
Is Nightlife the only EP that installs the Faux Hawk for male sims?

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Field Researcher
#3485 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:32 AM
Amairani: no I don't mean the bolts on the thumbnails, it's quite clear what they mean, I mean the things in the sims' memories that are invisible and seen with SimPE; it says invisible token: attraction marker or something like that. They can be "nuked" with the lot debugger, but I don't know WHY they should be, why they appear in the memories if they are harmful, and what problems they possibly cause... and what they are for in the first place!
Scholar
#3486 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumppe
Amairani: no I don't mean the bolts on the thumbnails, it's quite clear what they mean, I mean the things in the sims' memories that are invisible and seen with SimPE; it says invisible token: attraction marker or something like that. They can be "nuked" with the lot debugger, but I don't know WHY they should be, why they appear in the memories if they are harmful, and what problems they possibly cause... and what they are for in the first place!

Then I don't know what you mean :/ I will have to look at FFS Lot Debugger options for you got me interested too now.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3487 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:21 AM
Attraction markers are not inherently harmful. They are simply triggers for relationship-related wants and fears, storing the identity of another Sim your Sim will want to date, fall in love with, marry, woohoo. Some players nuke them because -- like gossip and other "junk" memories -- they can bloat character file size and actually impact game processing. (Deleting them will not affect relationship scores or chemistry.) Like any other bit of data, these tokens can become corrupt. The empty attraction marker that a Sim gains when another Sim is attracted to him/her seems particularly vulnerable.
Scholar
#3488 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:51 AM
^^ thanks mangaroo
Lab Assistant
#3489 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
In order to clean out downloaded occupied houses I've been using doing it this way:
1) Have the residents sell off any tombstones or urns.
2) Use SimBlender to turn residents into townies.
3) Put the lot in the lot bin.

This seems to leave me an empty but still furnished house that I can move to any other neighborhood. I assume turning the people into townies is the best way to remove them from the lot but what about ghosts? Do ghosts stay with their tombstones or the lot itself?

... Linux rules and Windows drools.
Site Helper
#3490 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
It involves using the Constrain Floor Elevation cheat. I saw a tutorial here for precisely that, but I don't remember who wrote it. (I -think- it was Vindicare)

The ones that I use and branch off from were written by Trif and posted at simlogical.

http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=2405.0 and http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1850.0 should get you somewhat started. Boiling Oil also posted this: http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=2453.0 which might also help. (Along with an experimental attitude.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3491 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:53 PM
Can I sneak in a little question about custom content?

I thouroughly read the "downloading for fracking idiots" and I thought it said this, but I'm not sure. Is it true that I can delete the files I extracted from after I'm through extracting and have moved the files to my download folder?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3492 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:21 PM
Yes, you can delete .zips and .rars once you have the package files installed.
Field Researcher
#3493 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:40 AM
One of my families moved, but they didn't get the Mr. Humble computer (I tried to put the old one into my sims inventory, but it didn't work), he never came.. (and neither did the welcoming committee that usually comes, "some visitors have arrived" etc.)?! O_o Now they can't blog and browse and whatnot... is there any way to get that computer anyway?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3494 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:01 PM
zumppe, you would need to install a hack to make the Humble computer buyable in order to get that particular computer. (If you want to locate a hack for that, please use Google or ask in the WCIF forum.) However, Sims with appropriate levels of hobby enthusiasm can blog and browse the web on ANY computer. Just buy one from the electronics tab in buy mode.

Also, you were probably unable to add the Humble computer to your Sim's inventory because it was still turned on. Computers need to be turned off before they are put in inventory.
Field Researcher
#3495 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
Thanks for answering, mangaroo! All my sims have top hobby enthusiasm in games and music, but there's never been a "blog about..." or "browse web for..." choice on the computers, other than the Mr. Humble one. I just checked again. Well, then I removed the computers they had (all my sims have certain downloaded ones, they were better looking...) and bought them new ones, NOT downloaded ones, and TA-DAH, they have the blog and browse alternatives!! So the computers were the problem! O_o I always thought the Mr. Humble one was the only one you're supposed to be able to use for blogging and browsing, since none of the other computers ever had the option... X) OMG.
Field Researcher
#3496 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroo
Also, you were probably unable to add the Humble computer to your Sim's inventory because it was still turned on. Computers need to be turned off before they are put in inventory.

In my game, it doesn't let me put the Humble computer in inventory no matter what state it's in.

Diving into delerium yet again.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3497 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:03 PM
zumppe - sorry, I overlooked the custom content issue because I remove all cc that hasn't been updated with the features in my latest EP. You're absolutely right: only EAxis computers or downloaded computers that have been updated to Freetime include the blog/browse options.

tlynnjpeg - I don't know what to say except be sure you are turning Humble's computer off before attempting to add it to the inventory. If you can't, it's a glitch or a hack conflict, because that is not normal game behavior.
Lab Assistant
#3498 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:33 PM
I've looked at several rolling the pacifier and firstborn syndrome sites and references but I still don't understand this.

In my sims 2 game, if I play the same couple and make them have 6 kids back to back without saving and going to neighborhood, will they all look the same?

I'm never saving, or leaving to neighborhood, or quitting so will they all look the same or not?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3499 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
Blue, the randomizer resets to its original state only when you QUIT/RESTART the game. So as long as you are playing this prolific couple without quitting the game between births, it doesn't matter how often you save your game or switch houses then switch back. Their children should not exhibit first born syndrome.

However, if you do quit the game and go back in, this couple's next offspring will be identical to the first offspring unless you use one of the methods to "roll the pacifier."
Mad Poster
#3500 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:07 PM
Why did EA bother making duplicates of the circled architecture items?

One corner can be used for all corners of a building so why the need for a second copy?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 140 of 1000