Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 2:56 AM Last edited by xxGuyxx : 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:37 PM.
I'm finally gonna attempt this challenge again, although I will be using a Medieval theme, instead of a Western theme.

Btw, are anti annoying behavior mods allowed? I have a hack pack from MATY that contains hacks to fix broken EAxis code, and there's also anti annoying behavior hacks in the pack. There's nothing that will make a sim skill faster or anything.
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxGuyxx
I'm finally gonna attempt this challenge again, although I will be using a Medieval theme, instead of a Western theme.

Btw, are anti annoying behavior mods allowed? I have a hack pack from MATY that contains hacks to fix broken EAxis code, and there's also anti annoying behavior hacks in the pack. There's nothing that will make a sim skill faster or anything.

You're talking like the autonomous behaviours EAxis put in, right? (Which reminds me, God, I need to find a hack to stop that autonomous "make bed". I'm so tired of deleting it from the queue and having them stubbornly continue to do it until they've finished. And I need to find that 'anti-spam call' hack again... (A lot of things in Freetime are great - the constant phone calls from hobbyists aren't one of them))

I don't see why those should be a problem.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:36 PM
I found a way to make things easier. Here's what I did.

1 wall(toilet goes on one side, sink on the other)
1 toilet
1 sink
1 stove
1 fridge
1 bed (cheapest one)
1 bookshelf (cheapest one)
1 counter
1-2 of the cheapest floor lamp
1 medium lake

Might seem unrealistic to have a toilet and sink connected to the same wall, but in those times, there weren't toilets and sinks out west. They used outhouses or did their business in the bush, and collected rainwater or used lakes/rivers/creeks for washing, so I think this is justified.

Right from the start, I got cooking up to 2 so I could cook fish. I made sure to greet any neighbors who appeared, and had them join me while fishing so I could get some fishing done while socializing at the same time. I had just enough money to make a 2x2 plot, which will get me over 400 simoleons when I harvest them.

The only problem I had was with heatstroke, and the sink breaking down a bunch of times due to wash hands spam. But I'll try the water balloon fight interaction, that should hopefully get my sim's temperature down.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:21 AM
Anti-annoying behavior hacks are perfectly fine. I have a couple myself, although I have no idea exactly which ones. I'm pretty sure I have a no-make-bed one, because I hate that it's impossible to cancel the action in the queue.

catvonpaxton: Absolutely, feel free to adapt it to S3! I'm not planning on getting it any time soon (if at all), and I'd be honored to see someone enjoy it enough to update it to fit S3. =D
Scholar
#105 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 8:14 PM
I couldn't take it anymore, and I re-installed Seasons. I started playing this challenge again almost immediately. With new people, of course:

John Smith, the founder, proposing to Gretchen Chin.

Their first child's birth.

Their first child.

Seriously, the day after this ones birth, they ACR'd themselves another son. And, well, I didn't take any pictures of him because...to be honest, he's pretty non-essential. Plus, you'll have noticed that their children aren't the most attractive things ever >_<
Scholar
#106 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:22 AM
Here's my proof of Gretchen and John dying in platinum:

Test Subject
#107 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:04 PM.
Default Farm Challenge
A bit like the Legacy challenge. The point is to reach 10 generations as a farmer. The only EP you need is seasons.

Make a sim. They need to be adult and by themselves.

Put them on a big lot, it doesn't have to be the biggest.

Give them these items:
A pond big enough to fish in

A 3x3 garden plot (no sprinkler or greenhouse)

A 2x2 shack (you can put wall coverings on it but you may not have a floor) with a toilet and the cheapest shower available.

The cheapest fridge that is not a mini fridge

One cheap counter

A fire alarm (optional)

A park grill

One cheap chair

One cheap bookshelf

The cheapest fireplace (the campfire, if you have BV, does not light during winter)

A telephone

A tent if you have BV, if not, either the cheapest bed or a cheap sofa.

To play the challenge:

Put everything but the toilet and shower outside.

Spend all the rest of your money except 1,000 simoleans on trees or any other useless landscaping item (no statues).

Your sim cannot have a job. They must make their money gardening, fishing, painting, or any other way you can think of that is not a job. (Robot bench, junked car, pottery wheel, etc. No cheats!)

They do not have to get married or have another adult living on the lot, but they have to have an heir, who can be adopted.

If they do get married, there are no limits as to whom, but you can play so they can only marry townies.

If a sim that moves in has a job, they must quit it.

You can use all aspiration rewards except the money tree and the conterfit machine.

Your heir can go to college, but their free 20,000 simoleans must go either to trees or, if they have a fiance, you can give them a nice wedding and honeymoon. (When they get back, then you must buy trees until you have spent all the free money.)

You may also buy a non-profit community lot, such as a park.

Repeat the heir process for 10 generations. No one on the lot may have a job.

If your sim has more than one kid, they only need one heir. Any other kids may move out and may have jobs as long as they are not living on the lot. Your heir does not have to be your first born (or adopted) child.

If you have AL and someone networks with your sim and gives them an item, you can keep it in your pocket and never use it or sell it and buy trees.

You may not keep it or keep the money from selling it.

You can keep items from dates and outings, as you have earned those.

If you have Freetime, the Humble computer is the same as items from networking.

If someone who moves in with you brings money, you may buy them a decent outfit and then you must buy trees.

You may have pets.

You lose if there is no one playable left on the lot.

You win when you reach 10 generations (your first sim is generation 1, their heir is generation 2, ect.)

To make it more challenging, you can have your sims sell al their items through a home buisness and not directly to you. If you can think of any other ways to make it more challenging, go ahead.

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Test Subject
#108 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:10 AM
Are we allowed to make the plot and/or shack bigger by say...2x2, with each new heir?
Because otherwise it seems more like a Failing Farm Challenge
Test Subject
#109 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:28 AM
You can make your house as big as you want and move your stuff indoors, you just have to earn the money to do so. The 2x2 shack is just to start out with.

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Test Subject
#110 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 7:54 AM
Alright :D
That's what I thought, after I read the Legacy rules carefully, but I wanted to make sure. thank you!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 11:05 PM
Wow, this sound like fun. It was hard following the rules since it's all bunched up. lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 4:10 AM
Awesome job, Prosthetics. To date exactly 0 of my Sims have died in Platinum, although they're doing fairly well for themselves thus far. At Generation 4, they have a six-room (one-story) house, a fairly large garden plot brimming with eggplants, and something like $25,000 on hand. Not too shabby. (It's the combination of eggplants and the Talk to Produce skill that helps.)
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:08 PM
I'm going to try this challenge again. I had to reinstall my game. D:
Test Subject
#114 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:42 PM
Ooh sounds interesting! I'm going to try this :D
Test Subject
#115 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 3:14 AM
I started playing this :3

This is Miles Greenhorn

And his shack

And so far the only thing exciting to happen (since I JUST started playing) is he met two female townies. One of which will be his future wife (I haven't decided which)

I'm going to make him fish a lot because I do not have enough to plant anything o.O And no toilet! He peed himself and went into the red
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:33 AM
Nice Pictures. :3
Test Subject
#117 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:37 AM Last edited by Kellee : 4th Jun 2010 at 6:17 AM.
Hehe thanks

Not too many changes. I decided since things weren't going well between him and the two townies to create a townie to be his wife >_> So here she is, Emma!

She came bringing 20,000 but I cut it down to 3,000: which was enough to add onto their house and get stuff they needed (AKA a toilet!)

Emma got pregnant... even though they're not married...

So Miles quickly proposed xP (Which put them both in platinum!!)

They'll probably be married a few days before Emma gives birth =)

Oh, and the town I created for them is called Pyramid Lake which is based off of a real town in Nevada xD

EDIT:

Emma had TWINS! A boy and a girl! I've named them Charles and Mary. (Don't worry, they were married first! You can see the ring on Miles :3)

Charles-

Mary-
Scholar
#118 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:57 AM
I have a question.

This challenge has become one of my favorite challenges to do ever, but my game tends to lag on larger lots. Is there any way I can place them on a smaller lot? I would take their funds down appropriately, of course.
Test Subject
#119 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:54 AM
Woo, a lot has happened xD

Okay, first Mary and Charles grew into toddlers...

(^ doesn't he look evil?! )

Then they grew into children... I kinda think Charles is ugly... =(

Then Emma got pregnant, and then she had a new baby boy named Josiah!

I kinda hope Josiah is prettier than Charles... if he is, he might be the heir XD

Also, we've now made it through an entire sim "year" (aka 4 seasons). I managed to keep my crops alive through the winter, somehow, and Miles fished a LOT before winter time so they managed to survive on fish for... every meal x)'

Miles becomes an elder in 13 days, so if Emma wants anymore kids they had better hurry up! (Emma has 20 days, due to the start-time where I realized Miles had no chance with the townies.)

Oh, and I was able to expand the house some more!

Even though my Sims fished a lot, I still hardly caught any boots =( So paying bills was hard. However, my harvests came just in time and without spending more than necessary, I managed to pay my bills before the repoman came! The household currently only has 5 simoleons
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
I have a question.

This challenge has become one of my favorite challenges to do ever, but my game tends to lag on larger lots. Is there any way I can place them on a smaller lot? I would take their funds down appropriately, of course.

Well since it's lagging and obviously interfering with game-play, then I think it would be fair, for those facing a similar situation, to pick the second or third largest lot instead of the most largest lot. However, since it's not my challenge, I don't set the rules. Maybe you could message and ask the challenge leader to add a lot handicap.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:03 PM
I just started this challenge yesterday. It's HARD lol. Does anyone have any suggestions for old western clothing and such?
Test Subject
#122 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:03 PM
Josiah grew into a toddler...

then into a child, but I didn't get pictures of that... so now he's a teen!

And Mary and Charles grew into young adults/teens...

(Is it just me or does Mary look like she should be back in New York?)

Emma had another son (blessed with boys?) who was named Peter. I have been so busy with so many people in the home I didn't get a baby picture, but he just turned into a toddler so here he is!

Fishing trips are always fun...

Emma is pregnant again, I'm hoping for another girl since I married Mary off and moved her out. I'd like to have one son and one daughter stay in the home. This will be Emma's last child as Miles will be turning into an elder soon

BONUS PICTURE:

Look who got his first kiss >8D

I still haven't decided who will be the heir. Charles has been amazing with farming while his brother has been amazing with the children. It's a very hard choice. It will all come down to who I decided to let them marry, I guess.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:32 PM
The heir has to be the same gender as the founder. X3
Test Subject
#124 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:20 PM
Hehe I know :3 I started with a male ^^

She had another boy D: I was really hoping for a girl, but ahh well. Miles also turned into an elder, but the bubble predicted he will have a 'long life' so here's hoping! Miles managed to get a gold Fishing and Farming badge, and has of yet not turned into a plantsim.

This is Jesse -

And the now elder Miles -

And look who grew into a child while I was typing! Peter! And I just realized I didn't even mention Simon and Tristan, the twins you see as children in this picture. How did I forget them?!!?

That brings the total child count (and final child count) up to 7. 6 males, 1 female. 2 sets of twins.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:41 AM Last edited by addict12 : 6th Jun 2010 at 5:57 AM.

This is my founder, Mekin Hawthorne.

Perfect! Has charisma and at least one bolt of chemistry. X3 F'ugly sim though.

He has awesome skills too.

This is before...

This is after! X3 I used a hack to change his appearance and such.

Here are his badges. Sliver in pottery and bronze in sewing. Too bad he can never sew or make pottery again.

Page 5 of 12