Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#13601 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Veronaville is broken out of the box.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Peni.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#13602 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Peni.

All three Eaxis premade hoods are corrupted from the start, Strangetown being the worst one
Mad Poster
#13603 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your help and concern. I tried sending my Sim (Keith Cormier) on a date with Mallory Mace. Both Keith and Mallory were originally Veronaville Townies, but they've both been living for some time as playables in my Downtown Teen Townie Hostel. At first things went well and Keith got all his wants back, but later he lost some again. At the end of the date he had two empty want slots and one empty fear slot. They went to Bopperz, my club for straight teens. While they were there I spotted both Puck Summerdream and Hermia Capp in the background. They split up recently because Hermia caught Puck cheating -- with a boy! I wanted them to make up a little so I made Puck controllable. He has a want to apologise to Hermia, but was about to poke her! Odd behaviour for a Sim with 8 nice points? I cancelled "Poke" and got Puck to apologise to Hermia, over and over again. But when the want to apologise was fulfilled, Puck lost two of his wants. And his slots too stayed empty.

Keith and Mallory had a dream date, but the outlook for the 'hood doesn't look too good does it? I've had minor glitches before, but I'm afraid this looks like it might be the beginning of serious corruption. I fear it looks as if I should cut my losses and restore from my latest backup. If that doesn't work, I'll try the backup before that. I backup about once a week, but I may be able to get an intermediate "backup" from "Previous Versions".

I've invested so much of myself in this 'hood that I don't want to give up without a fight. But if I can't get any of my recent backups to work, I suppose I'll have to try Tarlia's version of Veronaville, and import the likeness of my CAS Sims into it. In particular I don't want to lose the McBains' two babies Peni Jo and Peregrine. I think I'll try at the very least to play their lot till they become toddlers, because I don't think you can extract babies.

Any advice?
Top Secret Researcher
#13604 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:35 PM
Looks like the empty wants & fear slots is starting to spread, isn't it. Run the hood checker and see if there are any issues. If there are, try to fix them using the Hood Checker. Back up first!

If empty slots continue to show up, download Tarlia's fixed templates (if you haven't already) and get ready to replace your old Veronaville with the fixed one once it finally blows up. It really hurts to lose a hood you're closely attached to, but seeing that your hood is already a ticking time bomb, you'll probably have to abandon it sooner or later.
Inventor
#13605 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:42 PM
I had no idea sims turn into PlantSims when they do lots of gardening. Why do they do that?
Mad Poster
#13606 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:46 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Any advice?

It's none of my business and I can't judge corruption, but if I were in your shoes I'd start fresh and remake the hood. Either just re-make the Sims and continue on where you where as if nothing happened, or re-creating the basics of the storyline. You know the hood is corrupted, you are having problems. Why prolong it? From the looks of it you'll be playing this game for a long time, seems like a worthwhile investment to me. But then again I am apparently an oddball when it comes to how I play and how I do things, so perhaps that's just how I see things.

If you do decide you want to remake it, you are welcome to prod me with questions, since that's all I've been doing for the past year. By now I've got the routine down.

Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
I had no idea sims turn into PlantSims when they do lots of gardening. Why do they do that?

Bug spray. If you want to avoid plant Sims, avoid having to spray bugs (greenhouse, ladybug house). If you want a plant sim, make a big garden and let bugs spread and then spray them all.
Alchemist
#13607 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
But then again I am apparently an oddball when it comes to how I play and how I do things, so perhaps that's just how I see things.

Hm... how are you an oddball?
Mad Poster
#13608 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:11 PM
Most notably that I detest free will, and prefer mindless zombies that do what I tell them and stand in one place until they die if I forget about them (which does not happen). There's other things too that I do differently than what it seems others do, but I've forgotten what they are exactly.

Plus there's the fact that I am an oddball in reality and bring that to anything I do. Life's more fun that way.
Top Secret Researcher
#13609 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123

Apparently, this is EAxis's play on "evil poisonous bug spray" and how it turns humans into plants. I have no problems with this, except EAxis borked along with half the code in the game. If you cure a sim of PlantSimism, the next time they spray for bugs they have a very high chance of turning back into PlantSims.

This mod from Cyjon fixes that. Also useful if you don't really like PlantSims, but don't want the feature completely removed.
Test Subject
#13610 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:07 AM
I tried sending my Sim (Keith Cormier) on a date with Mallory Mace. Both Keith and Mallory were originally Veronaville Townies, but they've both been living for some time as playables in my Downtown Teen Townie Hostel.
Most townies do not have wants at the start. They are given CAS History upon visiting a lot, only if they are townie at that point. Depending on which time you edited them, they may have not received their primary wants that serve as a trigger for later wants.

You can try my Memory Commander to give the selectable person a "Reset Memory.../Full CAS Reset". The object is found under Electronics -> All. If this causes a jump bug due to not working in your expansion pack, well, then reload the game without it, and there little more harm done than lost time.

I like gardening with my Teens. They are protected by Eaxis from pesticides because Eaxis didn't find it important to write a teen stage for plant people.
Site Helper
#13611 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:35 AM
I've invested so much of myself in this 'hood that I don't want to give up without a fight. [...] Any advice?
Backup. Run the HoodChecker. Allow the HoodChecker to fix what it can. Try playing and see whether things are improved.

Before giving up completely, try backing up and deleting all of the SWAF (Sim Wants and Fears) records in your neighborhood package. Wants and Fears are often based on the existing Wants and Fears history. There's no way to fix a broken history right now, but you can delete the entire SWAF, which is sort of like giving your sim's amnesia. It might get your wants rolling again, and you won't lose their memories, relationships, skills, jobs, etc. The main thing that you lose is that little "extra" part of their personality that comes from the way that you've trained them.
Mad Poster
#13612 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 2:57 AM
Is there a mod that allows plant teens and kids?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Site Helper
#13613 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 3:14 AM
grammapat, you've been here long enough to know that your question belongs in the WCIF (where can I find ...?) forum.
Mad Poster
#13615 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 9:56 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: minor typos
Thanks again everyone!

HoodChecker is giving me an almost routine report:

I get these phoney Sim Relations all the time, and even get them in my test 'hood, which was based on Argon's empty template from MATY.

I got these missing wants in the first Veronaville lot I had opened since I last backed up and ran HoodChecker, and they appeared within a couple of Sim hours of opening it, so I'm not very hopeful of being able to fix it with HoodChecker, or even restoring from my last backup. (I'll try both though -- I haven't got anything to lose.) After that I'll try deleting the SWAF records, and then j7n's Memory Commander. Losing my Sims' learned/trained behaviour is a pity, because some of them (Andrew, Gloria and even Tybalt Capp)are much nicer than their personality points would suggest, because of the way that I've always played them. And losing all of a Sim's memories is a pity, because it's part of the history of my 'hood, but of course, if I start off again with cleaned templates, I lose all their histories anyway.

Trying to recreate my present 'hood with Tarlia's cleaned templates will be a pretty massive undertaking, even if I don't try to replay their history the way gummilutt is doing. I suppose I could copy my community lots to the lot bin as they should be safe to move to the new 'hood, but I'd have to build/rebuild my houses manually. Fortunately only two of my houses are self-built, but some of the Maxis ones have been extensively altered. Then I have the task of re-creating all my Sims' skills, personalities relations, etc. Some of my townies and Downtownies are nearly as important as my playables, so they'd need to be brought in too. And I believe the townies are different in Tarlia's 'hoods.

I can see why it's tempting to start again with new Sims. But I'm so attached to my existing Sims :lovestruc -- I am Andrew and Gloria!

I think I might take a few days off the Sims while I think things over.
Test Subject
#13616 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:24 AM
After that I'll try deleting the SWAF records, and then j7n's Memory Commander.
I'd try resetting only the problematic people's memory/wants first, before deleting the wants of the entire neighborhood.

Quote:
Some of my townies and Downtownies are nearly as important as my playables
:lovestruc I totally agree here. I'm even giving some of my townies faces. It's a shame really that townies got their memory cleared upon move in the umodded game.
Mad Poster
#13617 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:28 AM
Thanks again everyone!

HoodChecker is giving me an almost routine report:

I can see why it's tempting to start again with new Sims. But I'm so attached to my existing Sims :lovestruc -- I am Andrew and Gloria!

I think I might take a few days off the Sims while I think things over.

Hoodchecker always gives me those errors, even in a brand new hood. I have to either delete them as they come or never play past the hood building stage lol.

And as someone said, export your favourite sims' appearance and use it for a new hood. Just make a note of their aspirations/personality points etc. so you can fill them in.
Top Secret Researcher
#13618 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 11:40 AM
Yes, Hood Checker always gives me these weird results of my Sims having relationships with themselves, or with a Sim that doesn't exist. Really annoying... and weird.

Try deleting your SWAF records for the affected Sims. If it continues to spread or if it doesn't work, destroy the SWAF records for the entire hood.

If you do need to reconstruct your entire hood, the InSIM and the Sim Manipulator are here to help.
Mad Poster
#13619 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:20 PM
Trying to recreate my present 'hood w Tarlia's cleaned templates will be a pretty massive undertaking

It probably is, but if you are organized it's quicker than you might think. When I first started looking at lots and realized that I should rebuild everything (including community lots because I am paranoid) I wanted to quit Sims forever. Then my stubborn kicked in, and two days later I had rebuilt most lots, including my huge ones with a bajillion decorative items in them. You just need a system where you document the house properly, so that you can consult images/notes instead of having to go back to the original house.

Like I said in my last post, if you do decide to, I can tell you how I've done it. Both in terms of extracting Sims, rebuilding things, and giving Sims their stuff back without having to re-play it.
Theorist
#13620 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
What type of error was it? Could you upload the error log for us? This looks like it belongs in the Help forum.

I don't feel like going through the "remove all mods" process or whatever else complicated right now, that's why I asked the question here. I'm pretty sure that if there's no "easy method" that I hoped for, then the issue with mailbox is solvable by moving sims out and back in. And if not, that lot can be copied again from a newly generated hood.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Hoodchecker always gives me those errors, even in a brand new hood. I have to either delete them as they come or never play past the hood building stage lol.

Same here. So I don't think that's a matter for concern, if there's nothing else amiss.
Alchemist
#13621 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
All three Eaxis premade hoods are corrupted from the start, Strangetown being the worst one

I never heard of this before. What about the ones that came with the later EPs?
Mad Poster
#13622 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:29 PM
So far only the 3 that came with the base game are corrupted or as far as I have heard.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#13623 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:32 PM
Thanks, marka93. I had no idea any of the hoods that came with the game were corrupt. Good to know.
Top Secret Researcher
#13624 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
So far only the 3 that came with the base game are corrupted or as far as I have heard.

Actually, there's corruption in all hoods, especially in Belladonna Cove, where EAxis screwed up big time. Thread about the issue.

Fortunately, Tarlia's fixed templates do a good job in removing most, if not all, of the corruption that's in EAxis's hoods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13625 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:49 PM
How long is it before ghosts come out on an owned community lot? Or do they just come out when they feel like it? I made sure the ghost had come out on the home lot first before having my undertaker move him to the graveyard that he owns. I had him stay 3 nights there and the ghost didn't show up once.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 545 of 1000