Locked thread | Replies: 23017 (Who?), Viewed: 1190309 times.
Page 165 of 921
Test Subject
#4101 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishkabee
New Grant tweets:

So emotions are just a joke now. Great. I was hoping that the emotions would be better, and work at least somewhat realistically, but this confirms that they're just going to change at the littlest thing like all our Sims are mentally unstable or something. I think I first worried about this when the original gameplay trailer came out and a sad violin song caused a Sim to become depressed, but I had some hope. This just shows the emotions are ridiculous.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4102 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:36 AM
Statement in cheerleader voice:
Well, I never used the 64x64 lot size anyway, it was such a pointless lot size, too freaking big, I could never find my Sims on one of them. I'm so glad that this is finally gone. I prefer my lots and houses small and cosy. Look at it this way: now that everything is so comfortably small, when I play in full screen mode and fully zoomed in on my 48' monitor everything will be so big that I can finally count the enlarged pixels whenever I am bored by the game.
Alchemist
#4103 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
How am I supposed to get excited for this game?

5 cups of cognitive dissonance
3 bags of sheep's clothing
1/2 cup of vodka
2 tablespoons of denial
2 bottles of Fanboy Juice (TM)
1 bag of Attention Span Shortener

Let them simmer in a large pot. Sprinkle some suspension of disbelief on top, and you're all set.
Forum Resident
#4104 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:01 AM.
Where's the Mulder sim pic?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#4105 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Sim
5 cups of cognitive dissonance
3 bags of sheep's clothing
1/2 cup of vodka
2 tablespoons of denial
2 bottles of Fanboy Juice (TM)
1 bag of Attention Span Shortener

Let them simmer in a large pot. Sprinkle some suspension of disbelief on top, and you're all set.

I'm substituting that vodka for a full cup of tequila and I'm still having issues.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#4106 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:54 AM
Quote:
I can't put a mansion on a 50x50! Hell, even 64x64 was too small half the time.

50x50... 3 storys... no basements... no terrain sculpting... no pools. How am I supposed to get excited for this game?

EMOTIONS! Dammit! Have you caught on yet?!

You know I am kidding, right? *HUGS* I just get so emotional.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
Well, I never used the 64x64 lot size anyway, it was such a pointless lot size, too freaking big, I could never find my Sims on one of them. I'm so glad that this is finally gone. I prefer my lots and houses small and cosy. Look at it this way: now that everything is so comfortably small, when I play in full screen mode and fully zoomed in on my 48' monitor everything will be so big that I can finally count the enlarged pixels whenever I am bored by the game.

Well now, the game have the new art stylized, smaller lots, low level, low detailed, emotions based assets that your crummy computer can now run. Isn't that wonderful? NOT!

We all are doomed to the same, low level, pastel bloomed visuals.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#4107 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
EMOTIONS!

"Awesome! Fun! intuitive! Tactile!"
Mad Poster
#4108 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon

I know you're joking, but there's a point here I agree with: small lots. Usually, I build smaller homes - you can get a lot of detail out of them as well as a decent run speed. They're also quicker - I don't have the energy to plug away at larger homes all the time.

However, when it's time to build an estate, I wouldn't be able to. 50x50 is just a large home. I want a mansion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
EMOTIONS! Dammit! Have you caught on yet?!

You know I am kidding, right? *HUGS* I just get so emotional.

Caught on? I jumped the ship and landed on a deserted island a year ago. I think I'm better off.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#4109 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM
That Good vs. Evil tweet is stupid.

So a Good Sim will go from being Sad to Happy seeing an Evil Sim terrorize the very small neighborhood? Methinks they aren't too innocent themselves.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#4110 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycowlover
That Good vs. Evil tweet is stupid.

The game itself is stupid.
Forum Resident
#4111 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:01 AM
Hey guys! i just discovered... did you notice that the pre order price was reduced??? wasn't the deluxe version almost 60 US dolars?? now it's 45!
Theorist
#4112 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgothika
Hey guys! i just discovered... did you notice that the pre order price was reduced??? wasn't the deluxe version almost 60 US dolars?? now it's 45!

Where did you see this?
Alchemist
#4113 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzigone
That sounds ridiculous to me. Annoying, even. I'd much rather good and evil sims being opposed to each other because they have diametrically opposing goals, morals, etc. It's different with family-oriented and dislikes children sims - "live and let live" applies there. Although you could have either or both have some other trait that makes them obnoxiously try to proselytize their perspective, I guess.

Agreed. Grant's presenting that like it's a cool feature; to me it sounds broken.
Field Researcher
#4114 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:04 AM
Speaking of preorders, it looks like the toddler and pools mess didn't cause too much damage. Only 300 fewer orders than last week.
Forum Resident
#4115 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltraz
Agreed. Grant's presenting that like it's a cool feature; to me it sounds broken.

Rule of thumb: If E.A. thinks it's cool, it's probably shit.
Mad Poster
#4116 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgothika

You know what? Snap out of it and wake up from the lollipop dream! M'kay?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#4117 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
Where did you see this?

Here is an old article from SimsVIP http://simsvip.com/2013/08/20/the-s...r-bundle-types/

There it states all the prices. which i remember to be so expensive.

And if you try to pre order it in origin it displays another prices..... ooooooooooooooooohh fudges! look. In origin Mexico the price is different!! in the us displays 69

https://www.origin.com/es-mx/store/...ault_odc_intcmp

wait.. and also here: http://www.thesims.com/the-sims-4.. is it just me that i see it?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4118 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:07 AM
Quote:
I know you're joking, but there's a point here I agree with: small lots. Usually, I build smaller homes - you can get a lot of detail out of them as well as a decent run speed. They're also quicker - I don't have the energy to plug away at larger homes all the time.

However, when it's time to build an estate, I wouldn't be able to. 50x50 is just a large home. I want a mansion.
(...)|
I said it before, keep in mind that the 50x50 lot size limit applies to ALL lot types, not just residential, and suddenly there goes not only your mansion, but also your amusement park, your shopping mall...
I also wonder whether they still remember that one of the best innovations that came with TS3 Pets were horses, which required a shitton of space around them (smallest lot in Appaloosa Plains with a horse stable was 40x50). Although, come to think of it, they wouldn't make any sense in that environment anyway.
Scholar
#4119 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:22 AM
Quote:

...was my exact reaction. Is this true?

I know right! my reaction was similar like yours. When I found that out today I was like.......

I still don't get it on how this a good thing.
Test Subject
#4120 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:24 AM
Smaller lots are exactly why I dropped SimCity 4 (there were other things, but that's the main reason why I haven't gone back). I need ROOM, EAxis!
Retired
retired moderator
#4121 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:28 AM
One of my classmate's FB statuses: "The Sims 4. What is happening i don't understand. Sob."

I've never felt so "not nerdy and alone" about being effed over by a game.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#4122 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applefeather2
I think Graham said there's one 64 x 64 lot. *sigh*. (I believe it's on the vid. interview with SimsVIP.)

Egg on my face if I said that. I try to specifically say if I can't answer a question when I don't know the answer, but I felt confident about that one. My apologies - Sarah works directly in that area and would know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Sim
With great power comes great responsibility. It you believe he's got enough power to include certain features, surely he is responsible for putting the kibosh on others, especially when he said so himself:

I don't have the power to add or cut features. I have good autonomy when it comes to the specific features I own and can add/cut portions of them (within reason) to make the feature the best it can be. While I ran our Change Review process, all decisions made in there are by a committee of senior producers and designers. A year ago I ran the same process for Island Paradise, and Seasons before that. I try my damnedest to influence the game in directions that I know the community is particularly interested in, but I've still made the argument to cut things before that you all would surely be unhappy about. When we do cut things, it's because there's something even more integral that needs that development time and takes priority for getting in the game. Producers have to manage the schedule and budget that we're given to ensure we're hitting our milestones at the expected quality bar, so yeah... producers frequently end up being the bad guys who have to make difficult decisions; we're the gatekeepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
The X amount of Guru time each week was likely pushed because of the turmoil, but this was the plan all along. Online channels. Twitter. Friendface. Ahem, I mean Facebook. Bargain basement marketing, ladies and gents.

Nope, not the case for us. We have community managers; it's their job to be part of that effort. The marketing efforts are on the main franchise channels with millions of followers. The SimGurus do this because we want to, often in our own time, and with a few thousand followers we aren't going to influence sales numbers in any perceivable way. Moreover, I don't want to go on twitter or the forums and market to anyone... that sounds dreadfully boring. Why even listen to me if I'm not going to talk about the things I'm interested in or give my own take on things? You're seeing gurus out there chatting more because post-E3 is the first time we've really been allowed to say anything. Lots of people on this team have spent years of their lives building this; they want to get out there and talk about it. Some of that means difficult discussions as well about what's not in the game - I can't speak for others, but I enjoy the philosophical side of game development and talking through how a franchise evolves, what goes into game development, and why certain choices are made. I want people to know what this game is, so I like getting out there and answering what I can to give you all a better idea what you're getting. At least that gets conversations flowing and gets that feedback rolling in. I like the idea of nimble development teams that can rapidly respond and turn around feedback; to me a game like The Sims seems well suited for that. Showing Island Paradise super early and having the time to actually incorporate feedback was a pleasant change. I personally don't put much faith in the results of surveys and focus tests - I find them useful for understanding how people use the game, but not for influencing the design direction of a game. For that, I want to hear from all of you.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Top Secret Researcher
#4123 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:38 AM
Graham, can you comment on ghosts and burglars?
Theorist
#4124 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimGuruGraham
Nope, not the case for us. We have community managers; it's their job to be part of that effort. The marketing efforts are on the main franchise channels with millions of followers. The SimGurus do this because we want to, often in our own time, and with a few thousand followers we aren't going to influence sales numbers in any perceivable way. Moreover, I don't want to go on twitter or the forums and market to anyone... that sounds dreadfully boring. Why even listen to me if I'm not going to talk about the things I'm interested in or give my own take on things? You're seeing gurus out there chatting more because post-E3 is the first time we've really been allowed to say anything. Lots of people on this team have spent years of their lives building this; they want to get out there and talk about it. Some of that means difficult discussions as well about what's not in the game - I can't speak for others, but I enjoy the philosophical side of game development and talking through how a franchise evolves, what goes into game development, and why certain choices are made. I want people to know what this game is, so I like getting out there and answering what I can to give you all a better idea what you're getting. At least that gets conversations flowing and gets that feedback rolling in. I like the idea of nimble development teams that can rapidly respond and turn around feedback; to me a game like The Sims seems well suited for that. Showing Island Paradise super early and having the time to actually incorporate feedback was a pleasant change. I personally don't put much faith in the results of surveys and focus tests - I find them useful for understanding how people use the game, but not for influencing the design direction of a game. For that, I want to hear from all of you.

That makes sense, but you can't fault us since we aren't seeing much other than tweet-bits and staged video. There is unrest in the community and it's been brewing for a while. Seeing the CEO change a few times and people be cycled in and out in certain stages of development is just a tad bit confusing and we wonder if it's something that would directly impact the game or the marketing direction. The quote from the CEO just seemed to fit with the essential grass roots feeling of how the game is being unveiled bit by bit.

I guess most of us are just wondering what the big secret is and why we haven't seen anything substantial and that would directly relate to how we'll experience the game when it's in our hands.

I'm an art/word gal so business isn't my strong suit nor is the politics that goes along with it.
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#4125 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimGuruGraham
we're the gatekeepers.

Now just tell us who the keymasters are.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Locked thread
Page 165 of 921