Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 7:42 PM
Default Tot and Girl one specific recolor not showing in CAS
My late sister made cute rosebud undies for both the toddler and girl sims. I remember using them in game many years ago. They worked. Now, a decade later, they do not show up. The only commonality that I know is that they use the same design/print for their texture. Her other recolors all seem to show up just fine.

In SimPE I can open the package and the texture shows up appropriately. It is a recolor of the diaper for the toddler. It is 512x512.
What other information might be useful in troubleshooting these packages? HELP! I haven't recolored anything in 10 years, and only did a few things then. I don't remember what to do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 11:24 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Apr 2020 at 4:28 PM.
Perhaps you could make a recolor of the mesh in question (in bodyshop), export it and then swap the texture with the texture from your sister in simpe? (if you don't remember how, let me know and I'll explain it to you).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 1:53 AM
Check if the files have a Binary Index and a Text resource. If not, they're Project templates and won't show ingame.

When you make CAS items with Bodyshop, make sure you always click "import to game" and then go find the new file in SavedSims (will have an 8-digit number in front, so if your project was named "RedDiaper" the files in SavedSims would be named something like "36cd3e21_RedDiaper.package". The Project files are just templates and lack some important resources and references, so they won't actually show ingame. You can reuse project files several times and then rename the SavedSims files to whatever you like (but descriptive and longer than "red" or "diaper" because there's a chance files with the same name will only show the file last loaded into the game).

The outfits probably showed because there were files in the SavedSims folder at some point, but these were probably removed and no longer show up. You can still extract the textures and remake the items, though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 2:57 PM
I know I can make the undies again if I can find a nice sample texture to use. I’d have to go step by step using the tutorial, though. I was hoping I could provide info that would indicate why it is apparently a broken .package file.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:39 PM
Sorry if I was unclear, what I meant was that if you make a new recolor of the same mesh you can just replace it with the texture from the broken file in SimPE. Swapping textures is really easy and is done in seconds. I can do it for you if you'd like. On the other hand, simmer22 did explain ways to see why the file might not work
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:46 PM
You can extract the exact textures from the project files - they'll still work fine if you extract them and make a new project in Bodyshop with an outfit that uses the same mesh as a base.

I usually extract with SimPE:
- first the alpha
open TXTR resource in the Plugin window, right-click the texture, choose the "export alpha channel" option
- then the texture (Export...)
(I prefer to get the whole texture and not just the post-alpha'd one if it's for a Bodyshop project - you can do that by "import alpha channel" with a fully white 1024x1024 or 512x512 texture as a PNG depending on size, which will be the biggest size shown directly under "Blocks", and then use the "export..." button. You'll now have the full texture with all the black parts. This often makes a neater result in the finished project).
- Open Bodyshop, make new project with the proper mesh, and use Photoshop (or similar) to paste the alpha and the texture over their respective counterparts.
- Update project to see the result. Make changes if necessary.
- Import to game, and find the files in SavedSims.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Check if the files have a Binary Index and a Text resource. If not, they're Project templates and won't show ingame.
<snip>
The outfits probably showed because there were files in the SavedSims folder at some point, but these were probably removed and no longer show up. You can still extract the textures and remake the items, though.

Since the project file never resided on my computer, but my sister's, and the .package file worked on my computer, I think I can pretty safely say it's not just a project file. Here is the package open in SimPE. The other texture file is just the Maxis diaper texture.[IMG]rosebud in SimPE[/IMG]
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 5:06 PM
That's a project file (doesn't have Binary Index or Text). No idea why the file worked in your game (you could've had a working SavedSims copy back then for all I know, maybe in addition to the Project file), but the file in that picture is a project file for sure.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 3:58 PM
Ah, thank you. How do I make it into a real package, then? Just hit build?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 8:11 PM
You'd need the full Project folder for that. But like I said above, you can easily make a new project.

Extract the textures as described above, find the diaper in Bodyshop and make a recolor of it, replace the textures with Photoshop/Gimp (or similar), hit "update" and if/when you're happy with the result you can click "import to game", and then find the file in SavedSims.