Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Multi-pollination Technician with no character files
I downloaded this multi PT sim mod into the game because they are just so cute! Now, whenever I check the hoodchecker, it says they have no character data.
I put the CC file straight into my downloads folder so I didn't change anything in the folder. This is my first time downloading a multi PT mod, so I'm sorry if I completely messed up. Will the no character files corrupt my hood? Did I just corrupt all my hoods?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 8:55 PM
@wymf Multi-pollination Technicians and other special NPCs doesn't have character files, because they ARE NOT meant to be played/accesed by the players in the normal way to play the game, only when an adult male sim gets abducted an hence pregnant, one of them is randomly selected and added to the hood as a simple sim reference as unborn kid's father, the problem comes when you use a mod to make them playable and use them in your neighborhood, I'd recommend you to take an eye on this article: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...m_to_Households to get better info than the one I can give you.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:02 PM
They have character files, you downloaded and installed them. They just aren't in your Characters directory, so HoodChecker thinks they're missing, but it's incorrect. They are in your Downloads folder.