Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 2:34 AM Last edited by Senko : 7th Jul 2020 at 8:56 AM.
Default Has the horror genre been removed from writing or is there a way to unlock it still?
I've got all packs/expansions and lvl 10 writing but there's no horror genre. However I recently unlocked a commedy genre and I'm wondering is horror truly gone or is there a way to unlock/mod for it? If there isn't what do you think would be the best genre to simulate it? I'm tossing up between mystery, sci fi and fantasy depending on the story.

EDIT
Looking like its just gone that's a shame especially as university is just spawning horror idea after horror idea

1) clay beings that crop up as lumps of clay in common places like dorm rooms and university bars, take a DNA sample from those who play with them then assume that persons shape, kill the original and steal their life.
2) getting a call from a dormmate saying they've lost their key and would appreciate it if you could let them no rush but right now would be good then when you arrive their gone and then more people start dissapearing from the uni with no explanation.
3) Getting an inheritence from a long lost releative on the condition you spend one night in a haunted house but its not haunted rather their in a hidden lamp planning to steal your body and a new start on life.

and more.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Senko
I've got all packs/expansions and lvl 10 writing but there's no horror genre. However I recently unlocked a commedy genre and I'm wondering is horror truly gone or is there a way to unlock/mod for it? If there isn't what do you think would be the best genre to simulate it? I'm tossing up between mystery, sci fi and fantasy depending on the story.

EDIT
Looking like its just gone that's a shame especially as university is just spawning horror idea after horror idea

1) clay beings that crop up as lumps of clay in common places like dorm rooms and university bars, take a DNA sample from those who play with them then assume that persons shape, kill the original and steal their life.
2) getting a call from a dormmate saying they've lost their key and would appreciate it if you could let them no rush but right now would be good then when you arrive their gone and then more people start dissapearing from the uni with no explanation.
3) Getting an inheritence from a long lost releative on the condition you spend one night in a haunted house but its not haunted rather their in a hidden lamp planning to steal your body and a new start on life.

and more.

Lets hope they took it out to work on a pack that enlarges the theme, like they did with the Eco Lifestyle pack, They have a tendency to bring back things which lost in past polls as the off the grid idea did, resulting in the Laundry one. There were lots of complaints about that, as there were about the haunted, Grim Reaper type themes that lost to Nifty Knitting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 11:03 AM
Hopefully its a fairly major novel cateogry that just doesn't fit in the other's properly.