Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 6:34 PM
Default Any tips on getting a nice boxy jaw?
(not sure if this is quite the right place but here I go) Hi, even though I've been making Sims for nearly a year now, I'm still not 100% confident on how to get a nice, "boxy" (octagonal-ish) jaw. Something like the jaw on this Sim here. [NSFW-ish] Any pointers on how to achieve my desired shape? Thanks.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:20 AM
For starters, "Jaw Shape" goes all the way to the left (some people may tell you that you need slider multipliers, but I have never had to in order to get that jawline... most of my sims have that jawline). Then play with "Jaw Width". You can play with aWT's jawline sliders if needed. If you don't have them I can link you to them as the original links no longer work. That sim also looks like it has benefited from GnatGoSplat's chin width slider.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
For starters, "Jaw Shape" goes all the way to the left (some people may tell you that you need slider multipliers, but I have never had to in order to get that jawline... most of my sims have that jawline). Then play with "Jaw Width". You can play with aWT's jawline sliders if needed. If you don't have them I can link you to them as the original links no longer work. That sim also looks like it has benefited from GnatGoSplat's chin width slider.

A link to the aWT's jawline sliders would be useful, thanks.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 11:13 PM
Here you go!

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 5:56 AM
Here you go!

Oh I know this set. I have it already, but thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 6:08 AM
Hmmm, it's still not there. For reference here are my sliders right now (ended up having to use a few more):
Jawline Height: 256
Jawline Rotate: 127
Jaw Height: 26
Jaw Height Only: -191
Jaw Line Width: -15
Jaw Shape: -256
Jaw Width: -256
Jaw Width (Male): 65
Chin Height: -3
Chin Scale: -85
Chin Underlip Depth: -256
Chin Width: 221
There is a chance I may have to resculpt the jawline from one of the presets. Which one, if you do, do you use?
Screenshots
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:29 PM
Okay, so not "exact" copy of that sim's jaw, but reasonable facsimile - my chin is a bit wider and the jaw height is lower. The sim you referenced from ifcasims on the right, mine on the left.

And I did it with no slider multipliers and only 1 cc slider. Is this close to what you are wanting to achieve?
(I'm listing only those that actually affect the view of the chin from the front here)

EA sliders
Jaw Height -80
Jaw Shape -55
Jaw Shape -100 <-- you can go farther left, but blance it with the jaw width if it ends up too wide.
Jaw Width 30 (There is a glitch on the EA slider where -255 looks super wide at first, but it's actually narrow to the left and wide to the right)

Chin height -15
Chin scale -80

Cheekbone height -120
Cheekbone shape 16
Cheek Fullness -150
Cheek jowls 50

CC Sliders
GnatGoSplat Chin width 160
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 6:19 AM
Okay, so not "exact" copy of that sim's jaw, but reasonable facsimile - my chin is a bit wider and the jaw height is lower. The sim you referenced from ifcasims on the right, mine on the left.

And I did it with no slider multipliers and only 1 cc slider. Is this close to what you are wanting to achieve?
(I'm listing only those that actually affect the view of the chin from the front here)

EA sliders
Jaw Height -80
Jaw Shape -55
Jaw Shape -100 <-- you can go farther left, but blance it with the jaw width if it ends up too wide.
Jaw Width 30 (There is a glitch on the EA slider where -255 looks super wide at first, but it's actually narrow to the left and wide to the right)

Chin height -15
Chin scale -80

Cheekbone height -120
Cheekbone shape 16
Cheek Fullness -150
Cheek jowls 50

CC Sliders
GnatGoSplat Chin width 160

Thanks, I will try this out
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:17 PM
Update: Getting there, thanks, I just wish it was a bit sharper. Obviously I'll need to narrow down that part of the face for him.
Screenshots
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 11:43 PM
He's getting there! I would say possibly reducing the EA chin scale slider a bit because that ends up causing it to look rounder as it increases the entire chin on all 3 axes.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:26 PM
He's getting there! I would say possibly reducing the EA chin scale slider a bit because that ends up causing it to look rounder as it increases the entire chin on all 3 axes.

I reduced the chin scale (left) and realised he was getting there, so I went a few steps further and modified some other features such as jaw shape and width (right). It's definitely there but not quite as sharp as it should be...

Screenshots