Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 4:42 AM
Default Fences into objects?
Hi, I came across a wonderful creation by LandofWoe, fence bridges(bridge the gap). They allow the look of continuous fencing between lots. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to create such objects so I can possibly make a few more designs available. Any ideas??

Thank you!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 11:56 AM
Hey there! 

Sounds like a really cool download! Could you maybe link it here? That way it's easier to check it out how they did it 
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hey there! 

Sounds like a really cool download! Could you maybe link it here? That way it's easier to check it out how they did it 

Thank you for your reply! Yes it is a very cool creation indeed.

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/201...access.html?m=1
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 1:48 PM
Pretty simple- just use TSRW- under BuildItems, you will find the fences, which are all single-tile objects.

Extract the mesh (under the 'Mesh' tab) and textures, and then make a new normal object using the extracted items.

If you want that offset, you may need to use Milkshape to shift the object location one-tile over.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Pretty simple- just use TSRW- under BuildItems, you will find the fences, which are all single-tile objects.

Extract the mesh (under the 'Mesh' tab) and textures, and then make a new normal object using the extracted items.

If you want that offset, you may need to use Milkshape to shift the object location one-tile over.

Hello! Thanks for your reply. I'll test this out asap and come back with an update.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 5:03 PM
Sorry that I use this thread for asking something but is related. I want to use the tall wooden fences from Build mode in CAW to create a seamless suburb, I don't like how the fences look when they are built inside a lot, plus you need the one square gap between two lots, the problem is that I have tested this mod they need to be placed inside one of the lot and not in CAW/Edit Town.

Someone have and idea on how to do it or if it's already exist where can i download it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2020 at 6:46 AM
Hi. I enabled the fence bridges to show up in caw and placed them that way. The only problem is the textures are off when placing them this way.(for me) You can try and see if it looks fine for you though. I hadn't tried to fix the texture because I was still learning but since I've had more practice I'll see if I can fix it.