Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 6:31 AM
Default Adding more Coffins for The Sims 3
Hello again, everyone!

Been a while since I've posted anything on here and I'm still not absolutely sure on where my topics should fall under regarding the categories.
So my apologies if my topic so happens to not be in the preferable category.

Previously, I've been attempting to implement The Sims 4's Scientist Career Content from Get to Work and the Secret Lab Content from StrangerVille to The Sims 3, but I seem to be an absolute novice in this matter.
Though I continue to look up trust worthy tutorials and keep creating ideas on what to implement to The Sims 3.
Recently, I remembered that someone had posted custom content of a coffin that works like a sarcophagus from The Sims 3 World Adventures.
So I thought "Hey! Perhaps I can take the Coffin Models from The Sims 4 Vampires and have them work like the sarcophagus from The Sims 3 World Adventures!"
Been thinking about implementing custom sounds to the opening and closing of the customized sarcophagus. Make them sound more like a coffin.
Plus, thinking about adding that pale purple smoke effect from The Sims 4 Vampires to the coffins, but again...
Absolute novice... And I'm kind of lazy. I got to admit that.

So if anyone has any advice or links to trust worthy and easy to understand tutorials, that would be most appreciated. That, or if anyone would like to tackle this little project I've made on their own, go ahead.
That's if these ideas haven't already been done before.
Have they?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Sincerely,
SimSorcerer
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimSorcerer
Hello again, everyone!

Been a while since I've posted anything on here and I'm still not absolutely sure on where my topics should fall under regarding the categories.
So my apologies if my topic so happens to not be in the preferable category.

Previously, I've been attempting to implement The Sims 4's Scientist Career Content from Get to Work and the Secret Lab Content from StrangerVille to The Sims 3, but I seem to be an absolute novice in this matter.
Though I continue to look up trust worthy tutorials and keep creating ideas on what to implement to The Sims 3.
Recently, I remembered that someone had posted custom content of a coffin that works like a sarcophagus from The Sims 3 World Adventures.
So I thought "Hey! Perhaps I can take the Coffin Models from The Sims 4 Vampires and have them work like the sarcophagus from The Sims 3 World Adventures!"
Been thinking about implementing custom sounds to the opening and closing of the customized sarcophagus. Make them sound more like a coffin.
Plus, thinking about adding that pale purple smoke effect from The Sims 4 Vampires to the coffins, but again...

Absolute novice... And I'm kind of lazy. I got to admit that.

So if anyone has any advice or links to trust worthy and easy to understand tutorials, that would be most appreciated. That, or if anyone would like to tackle this little project I've made on their own, go ahead.
That's if these ideas haven't already been done before.
Have they?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Sincerely,
SimSorcerer

This might be better posted in modding and creation forum. There may be tutorials( some links at top of page) & people who can assist you there Link
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 9:58 AM
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 2:42 AM
Converting those coffins should be fairly straightforward. It’d be a matter of uprighting the Sims 4 mesh and aligning it with the sarcophagus in blender, assigning the joints in milkshape, and importing the new mesh into TSRW.

I’m not sure how to add effects or custom sounds to objects though.

The conversion tutorial I usually follow is here: https://youtu.be/-1a2rtxloNM

This tumblr account is also a great resource for sims 3 custom content creation: https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com/