Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 7:28 PM
Default Newbie in modding: Maxis RH into shell buildings?
Apologize in advance if this is the wrong place: not sure if it suppose to belong, meshing or anywhere?

I was wondering, how difficult would be, for a newbie like me, that hasn't modded anything for a Sims game to create a shell building by reusing the assets and sizeprint of the base game rabbit holes? I would really LOVE to be able to build inside the rabbit holes and make them function and what not with the use of other mods (RH rugs, ultimate careers, etc.) Is it possible, and if so what would be the ways I should go about doing this? What do I need know? Do I reuse the object asset from a shell building, then switch the object's appearance than and the size print to be that of the glamoured object? Detailed explanation would help.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 3:19 AM
Anyone?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Apologize in advance if this is the wrong place: not sure if it suppose to belong, meshing or anywhere?

I was wondering, how difficult would be, for a newbie like me, that hasn't modded anything for a Sims game to create a shell building by reusing the assets and sizeprint of the base game rabbit holes? I would really LOVE to be able to build inside the rabbit holes and make them function and what not with the use of other mods (RH rugs, ultimate careers, etc.) Is it possible, and if so what would be the ways I should go about doing this? What do I need know? Do I reuse the object asset from a shell building, then switch the object's appearance than and the size print to be that of the glamoured object? Detailed explanation would help.

Now this is a complete shot in the dark as I've never seen or done this before, but taking a shell building (like the ones from UL) and replacing the mesh with one from your preferred rabbithole should theoretically work. Of course you'd have to resize the rabbithole, make sure the groups match in TSRW, and possibly change the footprint, but other than that I'd say give it a whirl and see what sticks.

For reference, the library shell from UL accommodates one floor, while the student union shell accommodates two. Those should be easier to manipulate in comparison to something like the high-rise shells from LN.