Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 5:17 AM Last edited by WinterAnimosus : 24th Apr 2020 at 6:13 AM.
Default Help with car
Hey all, so I have been working on converting a sims 3 base game mesh to look like a 1969 Vista Cruiser and I have everything to a point where I felt comfortable testing it in game, but when I import it after assigning bones and everything, it's ENORMOUS and can't be placed without 'Move Objects On'.
When placed with move objects, it looks fine and can be used just fine, but when I drive it around, on high and mid LOD, the wheels are massive and disjointed. Any advice from somebody who has experienced something similar?

Pictures attached.

Large...

Disjointed wheels...

The next lod down, they are fine???

I tried to fix the bone assignments already, thinking I have missed something, but it's still the same.

***EDIT*** I have been working on this project with The Sims Resource Workshop.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 1:42 PM
I messed around with this on my own and the car is now placeable without moveobjects, front wheels work as intended, but the rear right and left wheels are still disjointed and flying around randomly. Any ideas?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 8:25 PM
The largeness sounds like the mesh is bigger than any regular item in the game! What I usually do is clone a reference mesh from TSRW/S3OC and load it up in Milkshape or blender to define the size

The bones however, it might be worth checking out this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569201

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
The largeness sounds like the mesh is bigger than any regular item in the game! What I usually do is clone a reference mesh from TSRW/S3OC and load it up in Milkshape or blender to define the size

The bones however, it might be worth checking out this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569201

Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for your reply! The mesh parts shouldn't be bigger than any part found in games because I cloned this object and made my edits from a preexisting base game car. I figured out the issue with the largeness on my own though. And thanks for the link to that thread! The only other car making guide I have been able to find was this one, which didn't give me everything I needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 2:14 AM
Okay so I now have a worse problem. The mesh looks like this in TSRW, right? Everything is good, nothing is wrong except for some smoothing I have to work out and such. But when I put it in game, it is an atrocious abomination and I really for the life of me cannot figure out what went wrong. I didn't do anything with the UV map, it's the same as it was prior to this issue and my groups are named correctly. Even if either of those was the issue, wouldn't it show up like that in TSRW???
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2020 at 2:08 AM
I have decided the project, as is, is F.U.B.A.R., so I'm going to try to start over from the beginning, hopefully with better luck this time.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2020 at 7:39 PM
Good luck! I would definitely appreciate having that car in my game.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )