Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 5:58 PM
Default School experiences
I haven't seen any concrete threads about school, so I started one, where you can share your experiences, maybe your school clothing, how do you prepare for school etc. ... I'm not a geek for starting a conversation about school, but as I see teenages like to share things which they happened to them at school (except bad marks ).

When does the school begin at you? Which class you are? What is the system of education in your country? Are you in an elementery school, high school or university/college? Are you worried/disappointed?

You can share there all your school experiences, if you want, or join in a talk about school.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:03 PM
My school begins in in 10 days, I'm starting senior high school this year and even before the start of school I'm bored!

My experiences? The worst! What did you expected?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:45 PM
I'll begin it tomorrow... I'm going to the 9th class, what is the first class of a regular high school. But in our country there's a chance in the elementary schools to go after the 4th and the 6th class. After the 8th everyone has to leave. I left after the 4th class, so the place and people will be familiar for me, but this year school will get more and more harder, and we'll get some teachers who are told to be very strict. I hope I'll be able to cope with those small problems. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a 'geek', just a bit maximalist.. I don't love learning, but I have to for my future.
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 8:48 PM
I always loved school. I consider High School and Elementary to be the most beautiful times of my life. Until now. I begin the second year of college two weeks from now. Can't wait. :D

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 10:27 PM
Ugh! I prefer a hundred of times college than school D: Glad I'm starting my third year of college in a month

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 11:03 PM
My school district might go on strike and I was supposed to start school tomorrow.Thank you irony gods!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:08 AM
Guys now I'll talk serious! Yesterday I didn't had much time to talk about this. This will be the 10th year I'm going to school, probably there will be strikes here too.

Of course school is one of the better moments in a person's life, we may say now that we hope to end soon, but in 10 years, when we will have a diploma and we won't be able to find a job anywhere in the universe and problems won't stop knocking on our doors, we will think that we were so happy when we were younger...the days back in elementary schools...I like school, to be honest I'm getting bored more easily at home that school. Noboby likes the process of learning, and that's because we are not being taught to the right way...

Let me ask you something: Elementary and Highschool are 6 years each in US?
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 8:12 AM Last edited by Nixxy245 : 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:51 PM.
For me school starts in 12 days(wow,summer just flew by...). I'm in 8th grade now. Our educational system works like this: Come to school,be tortured with a bunch of stuff which you certanly won't need in life and then leave exhausted. That's it. By our system, I'm still in Elementary school and although school didn't start yet,I'm already crying because it will start very,very soon. Time to see all the people I tried to avoid whole summer. Gah.

Our syste of grades:

1st grade-8th grade=Elementary school
9th grade-12th grade=High school
College..............
^depends which one you're going,they all have different time of duration. Example, medical college lasts 5 years,while the law lasts 3 or 4 years,not sure right now. Oh and,we don't name our colleges like Yale,Stanford,Harvard...,it's just named by what it is for,like medical,law,economy,...and we certanly don't have campuses,the college is placed in the city,few of 'em actually,and we don't move from home to dorms,unless someone wants to go in the capital city for better education in the special major,mostly medicine.It's complicated to explain,not to mention how complicated to understand.)

Common sense is so rare these days...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MAB-2000
Guys now I'll talk serious! Yesterday I didn't had much time to talk about this. This will be the 10th year I'm going to school, probably there will be strikes here too.

Of course school is one of the better moments in a person's life, we may say now that we hope to end soon, but in 10 years, when we will have a diploma and we won't be able to find a job anywhere in the universe and problems won't stop knocking on our doors, we will think that we were so happy when we were younger...the days back in elementary schools...I like school, to be honest I'm getting bored more easily at home that school. Noboby likes the process of learning, and that's because we are not being taught to the right way...

Let me ask you something: Elementary and Highschool are 6 years each in US?

Highschool is 9th grade-12th grade and elementary school is Kindergarden-5th grade.

I've had enough, this is my prayer! That I die livin' just as free as my hair!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 6:17 PM
I've had my first day at school... Last year wasn't as hard as this is. Many new strict teachers, many new systems with the departments... And it's quite bad that our class isn't a really good group... This year we'll have about 25 compassory books to read. After announcing this the form teacher asked: "What do you see now, my dear students?" And a classmate answered: The death!

Things won't go for life or death, but a lots of things has changed this year. Learning all day is not so pleasant, but I'll pu up with it. I've to learn for myself, to have a life, to have a future and have good marks...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 6:40 PM
I thought that it is going like this:

1st - 6th grade Elementary school

7th - 9th grade Junior High School

10th - 12th grade Senior High School

I'm starting 10th grade this year!
Alchemist
#12 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:09 PM
Woah, woah, woah... What's 5th grade - 8th grade, then? I was referring to it as to Elementary.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 9:15 PM
If you ask for the school system of our country, Hungary, I'll try to explain:

The school usually begins at age 7, then is the 1st grade. At age 8 is the 2nd grade, at age 9 the 3rd, etc. When you finish, you're usually 19 (if your birthday isn't in the summer ), and then you're in the 12th grade. After the 4th grade and after the 6th grade there is chance to leave the elementary school, but not too much people do this. The elementary scool is usually from 1st to 8th class, but it's possible to leave earlier. And well, those can told to be junior high schoolists who didn't begin it at the 9th grade. So elementary school is from 1-8, the junior high school is from 5-8 in a high school, and the senior high school is from 9-12. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.
Alchemist
#14 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 9:40 PM
If it's that way in Hungary, it should be the same in Moldavia. So, Elementary is from 1st to 8th grade, High School from 9th to 12th grade and college from 4 years to 6 years onward.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 6:28 PM
I live in Canada. and this is what it looks like for us.

Junior Kindergarten - Grade 8 - Elementary
Grade 9 - Grade 12 (some also do "Victory Lap" aka Grade 13) - Highschool
Then on to college or university.

I start next Wednesday, all the Freshmen(Grade 9s) start on Tuseday for "Grade 9 Day", I'm going to be a highschool Sophmore
Elementary was rough, because I was kinda an awkward kid & a loner, didn't get bullied, but still a loner. Highschool is great, i have fantastic friends & teachers, plus the school spirit is insane there!

Hi, Im Abby, please to meet you :3
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:08 PM
In the "spanish system" i'll start 2nd. of ESO in... 10 days aprox. Well, i like the "school" things, but no the people, because i'm sure that the first day they'll come to me and saying if i have got some white hair, why i don't cut it and this stupid things that they like to do.
So: i like the school, but i hate the people (this bad people)
But there isn't god for steal my home (yeah i love staying at home) and that's the important :D
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:44 PM
You're Spanish? I'm Spanish too! People in school are usually mean, it's their nature. Just ignore them, and if it goes bad, tell an adult

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
You're Spanish? I'm Spanish too! People in school are usually mean, it's their nature. Just ignore them, and if it goes bad, tell an adult

Hiihihihi yes, they're idiot :D
And i'm not Spanish, i'm Catalan
Sorry for this but i had to say it :P

~ Nobody will really care about this ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:46 PM
Lilmisssunshine: That's good you'll begin later.
Monosagrado: That's a familiar feeling... I was always teased so, nowadays I'm teased sometimes... Vampire Anyinyosaloh is right, ignore them or tell it to an adult. I ignored my teasers and my situation came better... But unfortunately my teacher didn't want to help because "that is life'... But I hope yours will!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#20 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:46 PM
@monosagrado: Then I'm not Spanish, I'm 'madrileƱa'

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
@monosagrado: Then I'm not Spanish, I'm 'madrileƱa'

Ok, ok, do you want to create a thread at The Debate Room? :P

~ Nobody will really care about this ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:50 PM
Oh... I've to learn about 50-60 concepts, about 50-60 people, about 40 events's years, about 40-50 places, and show them on the map... For the 2! The 2 is the second worst mark at us, and 5 is the best. I'd love to get a five, because I'd really need a History 5 for the university. But our teacher is as strict as it was an university... History, I love you. -.-" :/ Hope I'll be able to do this...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 9:14 PM
I don't go to school anymore, I dropped out at grade ten . . . so my experience is that it's a waste of time for me to slave away at stuff when I'm running my own computer repairs business and have made more money than my parents spent on my private education to date.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 10:15 PM
I get to help my friend build an aquarium, so its been a good year so far...

"Mars just kinda came to me. Cos i'm out of this world" ~Bruno Mars. I am obsessed. LEGIT!
MY FULL NAME SHALL BE DEVON PINKAMINA VALERIE MARS
Currently Listening to: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars Mood: Sexy :P
Brony, Hooligan, and Little Monster <3
Theorist
#25 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 4:21 PM
I never finished my 11th grade. Passed my O-levels and continued to study in a Polytechnic for a 3-year diploma instead... wonder if that's a good thing

Page 1 of 2