Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto-Pause Pregnancy v3

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Feb 2015 at 5:56 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2018 at 3:47 AM by scumbumbo : Version 3 Updated for Nov 13, 2018 Game Patch

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 20th May 2015 at 10:07 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much!!! This bugged me so much!!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st May 2015 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by m_evergreen
I've downloaded this twice and can't get it to work, but this time I noticed the file I downloaded is a folder and not a zip file. I don't know why that is. I've tried zipping the folder in hopes that will make it work and will report back. Also, thanks for making this. I can't wait to get it working in my game!

I zipped it and now it works. Not sure why it wasn't zipped already. Thanks for the great mod!

Probably you opened the download instead of saving it. I think IE at least likes to open zip files by default rather than just save them where you want. You can override that by right-clicking a download link and choosing save from the pop-up menu.

Important thing is you got it working - glad to hear it!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:44 PM
I just had a played but inactive lot finish a birth without me! I thought at first that this mod hadn't worked, but I read it again and realized that I did not have aging turned off for inactive lots. Just thought it worth noting, and I wonder if it would be possible to make this mod work with aging on for all played households? Just can't wrap my head around having my sims aging at different rates lol.
Test Subject
#54 Old 27th May 2015 at 3:47 AM
This mod was working fine for me, until I did a re-install and now it no longer works. I enabled script mods and have auto aging only on active lots. Not sure what else to try.
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 27th May 2015 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marlbrit62
This mod was working fine for me, until I did a re-install and now it no longer works. I enabled script mods and have auto aging only on active lots. Not sure what else to try.

I got some time to kill tonight - some other things to take care of but should have time to test this on my game. I admit I haven't had the chance to play enough to verify that it works lately, just looked at the code and nothing seemed to have changed that should have stopped it from working. Will post my findings once I've done some testing.
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:33 AM
Solved my issue with this mod. Apparently, I did NOT have it set for aging only for active households, "insert face palm". Thank you scumbumbo.
Deceased
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marlbrit62
Solved my issue with this mod. Apparently, I did NOT have it set for aging only for active households, "insert face palm". Thank you scumbumbo.

That's great! I did get around to finally testing and everything was working for me, just forgot to do the follow-up and post my findings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 1:28 AM
Thank you, I love this! Is there a way to change it so that an active household pregnant sim will not give birth with aging entirely off? Thank you, and my apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it xxx <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
#59 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NyappyCat
Thank you, I love this! Is there a way to change it so that an active household pregnant sim will not give birth with aging entirely off? Thank you, and my apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it xxx <3 <3 <3

Nevermind, this question is now irrelevant! Only took a bit of hunting to find the Pregnancy Mega Mod, so this mod including that one will fulfill all my dreams, hehehe! <3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#60 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:33 PM
Love this mod... is it still good with the June 11 Newcrest patch? Any other news on that front? Thanks for all you do!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
Love this mod... is it still good with the June 11 Newcrest patch? Any other news on that front? Thanks for all you do!!

Yup, checked and tested fine with the latest patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 3:34 AM
In the sims 3 you could choose what gender you want before a child is born by eating an apple or grape. Is it possible to have the same future in the sims 4 somehow through a mod, if so can you create one?
Deceased
Original Poster
#63 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KrazyOysta
In the sims 3 you could choose what gender you want before a child is born by eating an apple or grape. Is it possible to have the same future in the sims 4 somehow through a mod, if so can you create one?

EA added that in the May 4 game update:
  • Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
    • Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
    • Carrots and Alternative music seem to lead to more baby boys.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:25 PM
Just ran into an issue. Erika Talbot had triplets. Nice for her, but the pregnancy is one I initiated with MC Command Center's "Start Pregnancy" or "Start Pregnancy Use Active" (I don't remember which, but she's married, so I wanted hubby involved. ) IOW, it didn't happen thru "normal channels." Does that matter?

(I'm also a little miffed at MC over this one, I changed some settings, and so did it. When I started her pregnancy, I set her having twins, 1 boy, 1 girl. So post changes MC decides to make that 3 boys instead.)

From the description page:
Usage is automatic once the mod is installed, this simply skips the automatic labor/birth process for any played sims that aren't in the current household. It effectively puts the pregnancy on hold until the next time you load up that lot. A notification will display showing the sim that is ready for labor so that you can switch to that lot when you are ready to continue that household.

The TROUBLE is, *this* mod didn't warn me Erika was about to give birth, MC notified me after the boy triplets were born.

I was having a house party, if an event going on makes any difference. I would think not, but what do I know? Aging on Long, if that matters.

This mod USED to work fine, and honestly I can't remember when I took it out, or put it back in last time. But when I put it back in, I installed it mainly for Erika's pregnancy, because she's the first, and soon after hers, the MC generated wave of 9 more I have coming is going to jump off.

I was hoping the two mods would work together, and let me be there for some of the births I'm more interested in... but it looks now like MC trumps all, and I may as well take this one out. Unless you know something I don't? (Um... yeah. You do, tons! LOL)

(I still have several others of your awesome goodies, never fear! )

I went back to an earlier pre-party save, and I may not do that on my next round. Just wanted you to know that something's different, because it was working for me, and today it didn't. Clues welcome!
Deceased
Original Poster
#65 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:36 AM
I was hoping the two mods would work together, and let me be there for some of the births I'm more interested in... but it looks now like MC trumps all, and I may as well take this one out.

I'll look into it with Deaderpool when I get the chance. We're both good working with each other to resolve any conflicts with our mods where we both override the same function.

ETA - Thanks, by the way, for reporting this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:15 PM
This should have been an option in the base game. The issue frustrates me a lot, but I'm saved the headache thanks to your mod! Thank you so much. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 7:55 PM
This was annoying me so much!! I was searching for a solution and you gave me one, thanks!!
Mad Poster
#68 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I'll look into it with Deaderpool when I get the chance. We're both good working with each other to resolve any conflicts with our mods where we both override the same function.

ETA - Thanks, by the way, for reporting this!

Any joy here? This is still happening, but not ALL the time. Bugs behaving badly!! APP mod DID tell me about Alice Lewis's labor ahead of time. It did NOT tell me about Eve Scott, I just now got MC's notice that Eve had delivered a boy. So it's about half and half, seems like.

Anybody with a bun in the oven (25 women!!) IS marked PLAYED. I'm very early into the string of births, I was hoping to use APP to help me pick the ones I'd like to get pictures of, but so far I'm looking at hit or miss results.

Whazzup? Probably won't matter, with new stuff incoming anyway... but it *already* isn't working like it should, like it used to, here. And my mod folder is VERY small, compared to the 70ish I used to run with. All from MTS, all as updated as I know how to do. So I'm at a loss.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 1:50 AM
Missed another one. Luckily she walked by my active lot.

Here's what mods I have in... post patch btw, MB has verified hers as okay, and MC seems to be fine, DP says.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 1:42 PM
Oh, thank you so much! This is one of the most irritating things about the game!
Deceased
Original Poster
#71 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:24 AM
Any joy here? This is still happening, but not ALL the time. Bugs behaving badly!! APP mod DID tell me about Alice Lewis's labor ahead of time. It did NOT tell me about Eve Scott, I just now got MC's notice that Eve had delivered a boy. So it's about half and half, seems like.

Deaderpool and I both looked for a conflict between the two mods (as we do both modify the same game function) but we couldn't find any issues. We both modify different aspects of the pregnancy tracker and it shouldn't matter which modification runs first.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 2:14 AM
Cool, thanks... I've got a few other mods, maybe it's a local "hairball" then.

I'll play with it some more. Appreciate you two taking the look. (I really didn't THINK "first" made any difference, but with this game, sometimes it's hard to tell. >.< ) Code wonkiness FTL, EA!
Deceased
Original Poster
#73 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 6:17 AM
This mod has been updated, but it's pure coincidence that it's also a patch day. Upgrading the mod is NOT required for the latest game patch.

The changes to the no alert version are for enhanced future compatibility only.

The changes to the default version reduce the frequency of the pregnancy on hold alerts by a factor of 8.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 5:58 PM
This mod seems to have been broken by the Dec. 4 patch
Test Subject
#75 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 4:10 AM
Is there any way you could make a mod that allows you to pause a pregnancy with the household you're playing?
Page 3 of 4