Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 1:17 AM
Default I can’t get CC to enable in the Sims 4
Hello, I just got the sims 4 a few days ago, and I’ve been trying to get custom content to work, but it’s not working. I have it enabled in the options, and I tried a bunch of things like repairing the game on origin, deleting caches, etc. and it still doesn’t work. It doesn’t even show a “custom content” tab in the filters for things like hair in CAS (and I definitely enabled it in the game options!). Does anyone have any idea how I might get my custom content enabled? I haven’t created any sims or families yet. My game is brand new.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 4:11 AM
Try enabling it within the file (when your game is closed)
Open your Sims 4 Documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4).
Open the 'Options.ini' file (in Notepad)
Change the line 'modsdisabled = 1' to 'modsdisabled = 0'
Change the line 'scriptmodsenabled = 0' to 'scriptmodsenabled = 1'

otherwise look here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...LE/td-p/5154859
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Try enabling it within the file (when your game is closed)
Open your Sims 4 Documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4).
Open the 'Options.ini' file (in Notepad)
Change the line 'modsdisabled = 1' to 'modsdisabled = 0'
Change the line 'scriptmodsenabled = 0' to 'scriptmodsenabled = 1'

otherwise look here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...LE/td-p/5154859

Thank you for your reply!

I went to check out options.ini as you suggested, and modsdisabled was already set to zero, and scriptmodsenabled was set to 1.

I changed them to the opposite number to see what would happen, and my game remained the same, so I changed them back to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately, nothing changed.

Next I’ll try the link you suggested to see if anything there works... Thanks again for the tips!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SugarKandi12
Thank you for your reply!

I went to check out options.ini as you suggested, and modsdisabled was already set to zero, and scriptmodsenabled was set to 1.

I changed them to the opposite number to see what would happen, and my game remained the same, so I changed them back to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately, nothing changed.

Next I’ll try the link you suggested to see if anything there works... Thanks again for the tips!

So, I tried the suggestions inside the link you provided and nothing worked! I was at a loss!

But I actually ended up figuring out the problem!

My computer has multiple users. Of those, I have my main account that I use daily, and my admin account that I use for important downloads and updates etc. for my whole computer.

I noticed that whenever I opened Origin to play the sims 4, a pop up would come up asking me to sign in to my admin account in order to let origin operate on my computer. So I got the thought to check the sims 4 folder (through documents/electronicarts/thesims4) on my admin account rather than my regular account like I had been doing this entire time.

Sure enough, the mods folder there didn’t have any of the package files that I had placed in the one on my regular account. So I copied the packages and moved them to the mods folder on my admin account and turned on my game. It worked! My custom content showed up!

It was a silly ordeal, but I got it figured out! Thank you for helping me to narrow things down! ^^;