Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:33 PM
Default has anyone figured out custom tails?
I'm trying to make a custom tail for adult cats, and it does NOT look right in game. has anyone experimented with tails that could help me out? or someone who'd be willing to give it a try?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:51 PM
I’m experimenting with a kinked tail. The only real problem I’m having is that the animations make the kink almost disappear, but changing bone assignments at the tail tip may help.

Please be more specific about what problems you’re having.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I’m experimenting with a kinked tail. The only real problem I’m having is that the animations make the kink almost disappear, but changing bone assignments at the tail tip may help.

Please be more specific about what problems you’re having.

okay, so I'm making a fantasy tail that's really thin with a big puff ball at the end. I THOUGHT I assigned all the weights (or whatever they're called) properly, but in game, the thin part of the tail isn't as thin as it's supposed to be, even when using the slider, and the puff ball is not attached to where I put it. so here's what it's supposed to look like:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgRphw-Tya4M1SXWR

and here's what it looks like in game:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgRua7-AkSwlDJ9Rx

the way I was assigning weights, I was simply using the original tail as a guideline, so I don't know what happened.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:09 AM
Could be the uv1 I suppose. Please upload the package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Could be the uv1 I suppose. Please upload the package.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgRz3zl_jN6ILEP1B
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:22 PM
So far not much luck. Part of it is that the game seems to have a built-in morph to shape the tail. But when I scaled the uv1 to a thin line to prevent that, the tail went into this weird zigzag. And the puff at the end acts like it's the head when you click on it despite having the correct vertex color. I'm going to keep trying stuff.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 5:11 PM
Well, I fixed it by converting the mesh to .obj and using CAS Tools to autoconvert it back to TS4 geom. Clearly I was wrong about game morphs and whatever since this mesh works perfectly so far, so I still don't know what exactly was wrong with your mesh but I'll keep looking. Since I used a new version of CAS Tools that I haven't yet published I've uploaded the package with the correctly working simgeom. I only fixed LOD0.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  volpilinetail fix2.zip (83.7 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:31 PM
do you even know how amazing you are?! thank you so much! this isn't the first time you've helped me, you're awesome! but hey, if you manage to figure out what was causing the problem, I'd like to hear about it so I can avoid this in the future!