Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Reworking the Maxis Workout Clothes- Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:02 AM - Updated 7th Sep 2011 at 7:59 PM by Phaenoh

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 1:22 PM
Excellent! One less maxian-nervwrecking thing.

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Theorist
#52 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 3:21 AM
awesome!
Instructor
#53 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 10:35 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
well i almost didnt look here since "presentation pic" was on adult and i didnt think i had a problem with that one.

teen change is really good thank u for covering up the middle i freeze when i see them in that (going outside in the snow with a bare tummy!!) only the shoes were kinda spiffy (? i hope that is what i think it is lol).

As for the adult i now have a dilemma i really like the yellow/bluegreen maxis one but wow i really like your green one ! i will have to meditate a bit, wich one i will miss the most

The elder outfits have such an ugly shape i dont think anything can make them better the shoes was a good change though
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 2:33 PM
Really really nice, way better than the originals. Downloading now, thank you very much!!!

Abacaxí
Test Subject
#55 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 8:15 PM
Thank God! Maxis really sucks at making decent clothes, but you are a angel!
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 11:03 PM
Oh, I am so glad you made these! I hated the adult athleticwear and was hoping you'd do something like this 'cause I'm a huge fan of your other defaults. So thank you! And I never had a huge problem with the elder wear, but I like the ones you did so much that I'm downloading them anyway. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 7:38 PM
Ahh thank you so so so much! I didnt know what EA was thinking with that yellow and teal tracksuit! Its sooo ugly. Thank you so much for fixing that!
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 9:43 AM
I love you! *hug* These have been the stone in my shoe forever. I've been watching you, I've been waiting for this. Thank you. You are my hero. Everything I hate about Maxis things are slowly but surely being turned into a love affair thanks to you.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by radarcassy
Everything I hate about Maxis things are slowly but surely being turned into a love affair thanks to you.
There are always some redeeming things about the Maxis clothes, I'm just trying to help people see that. And for those of us who play without much CC to begin with, help keep them sane.

Thanks for commenting everyone!
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 2:01 PM
For some reason I can't unzip the second and third files; they download fine but then PowerArchiver (which I use for rar files) tells me there's a "CRC Error" in the file and it's not a valid archive.

I don't suppose anyone knows what's causing this and how to fix it? I've tried re-downloading.

It's a shame, because I am so excited to be able to remove the horrible Maxis stuff.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 4:03 PM
Never used that program before, I use WinRar, its free. Usually when that fails to unrar something I just redownload it and its fixed. I'd suggest re-redownloading, or trying a different program. Past that, I don't know what to tell you. Hope you get it to work though!
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 10:56 PM
Thanks, Phaenoh. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On the plus side, I did a massive download of most of your stuff last night and almost all of it unzipped just fine, so I'm looking forward to a lot of de-uglified Sim clothing!

I've even removed the 'hide all Maxis content' patches I had in there... something I never thought I'd want to do.

Thanks heaps for making all this effort to fix the defaults!
Instructor
#63 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 3:32 AM Last edited by wndy26 : 10th Feb 2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Oops!
Update: OMG I just realized this isn't your featured content! LOL! But it did get a big star! So congrats for that and your "featured" cottages!

Congrats on getting featured. This set is so awesome! I haven't ever downloaded any default replacements - this will be my first. When I first got Sims2 the first thing I did was look for decent athletic wear online. LOL. These will definitely be top in my "play" downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:48 PM
I didn't realize how much I really hated the original outfits... I didn't even notice that they wore black shoes(teen). You did a really nice job! I'm downloading them all as Default Replacements. Thanks
Field Researcher
#65 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 1:12 AM
Hands down, these are the best replacements yet!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 11:58 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
awesome. god did i hate that shocking purple color!

great job!
Inventor
#67 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 11:02 PM
These are great thanks so much.
Test Subject
#68 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 4:51 AM
Thank you so much for doing this! I too hate all of the midriffy teen clothing from Maxis! Those shirts weren't even allowed in my high school.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:33 PM
Just wanted to say, again, that these are fantastic.
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:43 PM
Can't remeber if I've commented on these or not yet, but I must say they've been in my game since the day you uploaded them... and they look great! So much better than the originals! Possibly the default replacement you've made so far that has made the most difference to my game. xxx
Field Researcher
#71 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:21 PM
Wow! These replacements are the best! I love that you make them <3
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 6:04 AM
Could you (Phaenoh) make this in non-default replacement, please?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by specialkdragon
Could you (Phaenoh) make this in non-default replacement, please?
Please see link about making non-defaults in my post. I have WAY too many default sets out to make non-default versions for them. Its not that hard, thats why I made a tut for it.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#74 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 10:29 AM
My Sims love you for this, and so do I! That bare midriff has been bugging me from day one, and the teal-and-yellow one makes me slightly nauseous. But no more! :D
Test Subject
#75 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 5:26 PM
Wow, thanks, you totally made my day. Those are SO much better than the original ones!
Page 3 of 5